KPD should be banned!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maddog2020. Show maddog2020's posts

Re: KPD should be banned!

I do not like Dupont at all - very negative but then the media overall seems to happier when teams are losing - then they can make jokes and laugh all they want.
    The Montreal Series did come down to a bounce - but it should have never gotten that far. I watched the replay of Game 7 the other day - and the refs were just
    brutal and listening to the CBC announcers is also brutal - I thought they were
    going to cry when Horton won the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

The original post is ridiculous nonsense. He is not a beat writer and should not be a homer...and it did come down to a bounce or two in OT of game 7, and was taken well within the context of the article. The point is valid, just because the OP doesn't like it makes it any less of a fact. It's called reporting, and KPD does it well, regardless of what we may think about it.
    As Gammons would write, Puh-leaze.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

KDP is negative and an idiot.  He has proposed the Bruins give up the farm to get Lecavialier after he had shoulder sugery and a 10 year 100 mil contract with a no-trade.  He said the Bruins should have given a pile to get the recently concussed Brad Richards this year.  His proposals are worse than many of the worst on here.  He attacks Julien all the time thinking he's a bad coach.  Only after they won the cup would he admit that maybe CJ knows what he's talking about.  His rants on TSN were so negative, over-the-top and out of touch the panel was mocking him for the whole playoff run.  His writing is even fairly poor, with constant stupid nicknames for players like Landon of the Lost and Jumbo Joe, which he over-uses to nauseum.  Just because he has written about hockey for a long time does not make him smart.  He has never written anything smart and does not come from an established hockey background.  The only thing he brings is controversial opinion, which is in itself more entertaining than a bland column.  But he is definately the opposite of a homer to the extreme, not at all objective, and has a poor understanding of hockey. I've never liked him but read his stuff because it will surprise with it's outrageousness. But I really lost respect for him when he essentially called Tyler Seguin a coward on TV. It was stupid and classless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

Whats rediculous is talking about how they wont repeat 2 weeks after they won the cup!  Just say congrads and that they are the team to beat!  I would agree with you that my original post was emotional but this guy rubs me the wrong way!

In Response to Re: KPD should be banned!:
    [QUOTE]The original post is ridiculous nonsense. He is not a beat writer and should not be a homer...and it did come down to a bounce or two in OT of game 7, and was taken well within the context of the article. The point is valid, just because the OP doesn't like it makes it any less of a fact. It's called reporting, and KPD does it well, regardless of what we may think about it. As Gammons would write, Puh-leaze.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]Whats rediculous is talking about how they wont repeat 2 weeks after they won the cup!  Just say congrads and that they are the team to beat!  I would agree with you that my original post was emotional but this guy rubs me the wrong way! In Response to Re: KPD should be banned! :
    Posted by samsonov[/QUOTE]Then don't read him then.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from samsonov. Show samsonov's posts

AMEN!
    Ok im not crazy! 

[QUOTE]KDP is negative and an idiot.  He has proposed the Bruins give up the farm to get Lecavialier after he had shoulder sugery and a 10 year 100 mil contract with a no-trade.  He said the Bruins should have given a pile to get the recently concussed Brad Richards this year.  His proposals are worse than many of the worst on here.  He attacks Julien all the time thinking he's a bad coach.  Only after they won the cup would he admit that maybe CJ knows what he's talking about.  His rants on TSN were so negative, over-the-top and out of touch the panel was mocking him for the whole playoff run.  His writing is even fairly poor, with constant stupid nicknames for players like Landon of the Lost and Jumbo Joe, which he over-uses to nauseum.  Just because he has written about hockey for a long time does not make him smart.  He has never written anything smart and does not come from an established hockey background.  The only thing he brings is controversial opinion, which is in itself more entertaining than a bland column.  But he is definately the opposite of a homer to the extreme, not at all objective, and has a poor understanding of hockey. I've never liked him but read his stuff because it will surprise with it's outrageousness. But I really lost respect for him when he essentially called Tyler Seguin a coward on TV. It was stupid and classless.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Krispy73. Show Krispy73's posts

The word is ridiculous, not re-diculous. From the word ridicule. KPD rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Thats part of his job. He gets you thinking and brings out emotions. That's what writers do.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Like a good action movie, a shock columnist is best if he is still grounded in reality.  KDP has lost that grounding, so his writings and rantings just sound like mindless, bitter, uneducated drivel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

We deserve better!!! Plain and simple.  For example KPD has been sitting back and only reporting just enough to get by.  The level of detail has sadly been missing from many of his articles.  It feels like every article he writes is either devoid of passion, is extremely negative  or lacks many details.  Lets just say KPD has been skating on the job and getting away with it. Seems like a perfect opportunity for another sports writer to take over.  I admit that the Boston market doesn't have as much coverage as many of the Canadian teams, but certainly we deserve more coverage and better coverage than what KPD delivers. There was absolutely little to no coverage on the draft.  Most of what I pick up is from TSN.. It is Time for a change.

NOT TO MENTION THIS STIFF PREDICTED THE Bs TO LOSE EVERY ROUND OF THE PLAYOFFS.  WOULD THE REAL RON BORGES PLEASE STAND UP!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skater68. Show skater68's posts

KDP probaly lost a bundle betting against the Bruins and is pissed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

My Mother's been covering hockey and been a fulltime Ref for 70 years, yet she still knows shiite about hockey the same as your neighbours cat and KPD and I guess that must link you in with that NAS.

KPD is an absolute joke was cheering for the nucks against the B's, was literally suckking the hole of a Van reporter on CBC before one of the games and telling us why van was better and they were going to win. There is just no other way to put it than he is a tool and as someone stated about him in a post a long time ago, either PC or Jacobs has pi$$ed him off since his glory days with Sinden. He is a total freakin joke, not worth reading and I am really sorry I wasted my time reading about this joke once again and then being stupid enough to respond about this freakin joke.

What a tool.

Ted Knight was a professional anchorman on the Mary Tyler Moore show and that is the brains that I liken to KPD.

SHIITE!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

[QUOTE]My Mother's been covering hockey and been a fulltime Ref for 70 years, yet she still knows shiite about hockey the same as your neighbours cat and KPD and I guess that must link you in with that NAS. KPD is an absolute joke was cheering for the nucks against the B's, was literally suckking the hole of a Van reporter on CBC before one of the games and telling us why van was better and they were going to win. There is just no other way to put it than he is a tool and as someone stated about him in a post a long time ago, either PC or Jacobs has pi$$ed him off since his glory days with Sinden. He is a total freakin joke, not worth reading and I am really sorry I wasted my time reading about this joke once again and then being stupid enough to respond about this freakin joke. What a tool. Ted Knight was a professional anchorman on the Mary Tyler Moore show and that is the brains that I liken to KPD. SHIITE!!!
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE] You know how to cut to the core of me GOAT.

Sections
Shortcuts