Krecji to make trip to Winnipeg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Krecji to make trip to Winnipeg

In response to BsLegion's comment:

In response to Bruinfaninnewjersey's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Uh oh. I've watched every game... and somehow I don't remember this at all (could be the alcohol or his play?)

It was the game in Montreal and he didn't look bad.

That was a rough first gig... why only the one game? And where was the media? Don't they always do a little interview and ask about first game jitters etc? I also read the papers to find out if their reporting is how I saw the games (don't remember seeing a thing about this?)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

So the lines could be:

Milan Lucic-Rich Peverley-Nathan Horton
    Brad Marchand-Patrice Bergeron-Tyler Seguin
    Jay Pandolfo-Ryan Spooner-Jordan Caron
    Dan Paille-Greg Campbell-Shawn Thornton

Julien is loyal to his players but if Pandolfo sits who replaces him? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Spooner between Lucic and Horton?  Are you guys fried?

Those two wingers just had two pretty good games in a row.  With Seguin, Peverley and Bergeron on the roster, why would they put their top two wingers out there with an AHL guy?

I'd sooner see Paille centering that line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Those two wingers just had two pretty good games in a row.  With Seguin, Peverley and Bergeron on the roster, why would they put their top two wingers out there with an AHL guy?

If anything I would think they dont want to break up the Bergeron line. Take Seguin off of there and you have 3 lines effected with Seguin having to go from wing to center. I say leave that line alone.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

If anything I would think they dont want to break up the Bergeron line. Take Seguin off of there and you have 3 lines effected with Seguin having to go from wing to center. I say leave that line alone.

I can understand that, Kel, but I'd rather have two lines of good players than plop an AHL guy on the first line.  I don't even know why we're discussing it.   It's never going to happen.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Maybe a little sautéd, i didn't say he's a long term solution or a player with first line capabilities.The only thing i really know about him is what i have read about him in junior and what he has done in Providence. A few posters here feel he deserves a chance as there doesn't appear to be anyone else to do the job,barring a trade, which doesn't seem forthcoming.If he is called up, he should play center and what is the harm of leaving the other lines intact and giving him a try on the 1st line? If it doesn't work out put Peverly there and drop Spooner to the 3rd line, simple really. Mike Ribeiro isn't walking through that door.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Leaving the other lines intact.  The third line blows.  The fourth line is irrelevant.  Putting a rookie AHLer, who has been passed over already multiple times, on the first line just isn't going to happen. 

Peverley, a real NHLer, will be moved up and take those minutes. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Putting Peverley on the top line might help jumpstart his offense, too.  At very least, it takes away the excuse that he's had an ice cold Kelly and an AHLer to play with all year.  Produce or take the heat, Rich. 

Apparently I'm in the minority, but I'm not so a-feared of ruining the second line.  The team is now down it's first and third centre.  Band-aiding is done as of now.  Make the best lines you can out of what you have.  To me, that's putting Seguin in Krejci's spot, giving Caron a shot with Marchand and Bergeron (and if it doesn't work, flip him with Peverley or Paille), having Spooner centre the third line with Paille and Peverley, and putting whoever you want with Campbell and Thornton.  Unless you want Pandolfo, in which case, forget it.

I also hope this doesn't spark a trade.  I really don't want to see the Bruins shift gears and go for Ribiero because they feel they need to replace DK's offense.  And I hate it when they make trades from a position of weakness.  That's what leads to the Kaberle deal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Claude is less than happy with rookies. Look how he held Seguin back. Granted Seggy did not have AHL time, which Spooner has shown he can handle, so just maybe. A wild possibility would be for Campbell to fill in for Kreji; then put Spooner with Peverly and Paille; use Pandolfo with Caron and no skills[ what's is name] the crowd pleaser; the P.R. guy; the cheerleader with the practiced snarl. I'd rather see McDermid.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In response to ortiztheman2003's comment:

Just saw this on tsn no details tho hopefully no too serious

Thank God!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Got to agree with this. As if CJ is going to put a raw rookie centerman on the first line. He will be centering the 4rth, if he is even called up at all, and will recieve minimal minutes...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

I can understand that, Kel, but I'd rather have two lines of good players than plop an AHL guy on the first line.  I don't even know why we're discussing it.   It's never going to happen.

Kadri, another AHL guy is now the 1st line center in Toronto. You often try to replace a player with a similar one from the minors. Saying you'd prefer Paille center the 1st line shows how far off you are on this one. I don't think Spooner actually will get 1st line ice but he certainly will ahead of Paille. Boston has numerous centers already. That's the main reason why Spooner won't get top 6 ice in a call up. It has little to do with his coming from the minors. Does anyone remember when Savard got hurt (back) and DK was called up from Prov to replace him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

According to Rotowire:

Krejci -- who took a slap shot off his right knee Sunday -- was spotted walking out of the Bruins' locker room under his own power afterward, albeit with a slight limp, the Boston Herald reports. Spin:  Moreover, the report adds that there were no visible signs of a brace on Krejci's knee, so while the Bruins have yet to issue a full update on the center's status, there's appears to be hope that he avoided a serious injury.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

calm down it'll be Peverly if anything. Some just were suggesting it.

Glad to hear it might not be as bad as it looked when he was down on the ice.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

calm down it'll be Peverly if anything. Some just were suggesting it.

Glad to hear it might not be as bad as it looked when he was down on the ice.

Good thing we're not really the coaches, man would we get roasted on here.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Krejci replaced Savard in a year when the Bruins were just starting to recover from the Thornton trade and reset with Chara and Savard.  This year the Bruins are a Cup contender - top 4-5 in terms of Vegas the last time I checked.  They didn't exactly have the same set of options back when Krejci arrived, either.  There was no guy who used to centre Heatley and Kovalchuk (credibly) to promote.

dez, Kadri's a little bit misleading as a Spooner comparable.  Kadri has two full years of pro hockey under his belt.  This is Spooner's first.  Kadri played 50 NHL games over those two years.  Spooner's played 5 minutes.  If you're just talking about guys who've come up from the A to succeed, well, sure - better examples than a 7th overall pick on the verge of being considered a bust might be Conacher or, to a lesser extent, Keith Aucoin.  Spooner's ability to drive the bus in the NHL is a total unknown.  He's only now starting to look like he'll continue to be a key offensive cog all year in Providence (not a fast start/slow finish kid).  Would it be fun to see what he could do?  Maybe.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

DK day to day, no broken bones, not at practice but receiving treatment and not ruled out for tomorrow as per Naoko interview with CJ.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rufus604. Show Rufus604's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

DK day to day, no broken bones, not at practice but receiving treatment and not ruled out for tomorrow as per Naoko interview with CJ.

Good to hear.  I would expect him to miss a few.  CJ stated at the beginning of the year that we can expect players to sit on occasion for maintenance, especially with a condensed season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Kind of good news.  The bad news is , since Spooner has not been recalled ,  both Pandolfo and Mcdermid will play. Yuck !  Bruins in tough trying to score goals.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Krejci replaced Savard in a year when the Bruins were just starting to recover from the Thornton trade and reset with Chara and Savard.  This year the Bruins are a Cup contender - top 4-5 in terms of Vegas the last time I checked.  They didn't exactly have the same set of options back when Krejci arrived, either.  There was no guy who used to centre Heatley and Kovalchuk (credibly) to promote.

dez, Kadri's a little bit misleading as a Spooner comparable.  Kadri has two full years of pro hockey under his belt.  This is Spooner's first.  Kadri played 50 NHL games over those two years.  Spooner's played 5 minutes.  If you're just talking about guys who've come up from the A to succeed, well, sure - better examples than a 7th overall pick on the verge of being considered a bust might be Conacher or, to a lesser extent, Keith Aucoin.  Spooner's ability to drive the bus in the NHL is a total unknown.  He's only now starting to look like he'll continue to be a key offensive cog all year in Providence (not a fast start/slow finish kid).  Would it be fun to see what he could do?  Maybe.

The point was that it's not at all unheard of to bring up a top 6 guy from the minors to fill in as a top 6 in the bigs. Far more common in fact, than promoting a 4th line guy to 1st line duties (as Nas suggested). It also should be noted that Spooner was on the PP for Boston on his first ever NHL shift.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

MacDermid is only one available,

cj will neer put a rook on top line unless playoffs see Bitz.  He does usually prefer old and dying dogs, see PJ.

Pev can handle the duties.

The 3rd line is our new 4th line.  Please buyout Panda and bring some yutes and speed.

Seeing as how Bqe was already SHOWCASED, I would take it that he is a dud and untradeworthy as he passed thru waivers, that means cj should be calling him back soon.