Krejci 3-year extension

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Krejci 3-year extension

To be announced today, per Bruins twitter feed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bsfannny. Show bsfannny's posts

Re: Krejci 3-year extension

Boston Bruins
    Bruins sign Krejci to 3-year extension; press conf today with Krejci and Chiarelli at 1 pm ^BB

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phatdude47. Show Phatdude47's posts

Shweeeeeeeeeeet! Now they can finally dump all those trade rumors

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Great news. Will be interesting to see the amount but am thinking around Bergeron money. This guy really appears to want to be a Bruin.

On a side note what a difference we have seen in the Chia years compared to the Sinden/O'Connell era. Great job Chia on getting a loyal core locked up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Darren Dreger 
    3 year extension for Krejci in Boston. $5.25 cap hit.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

what? wasn't pc reading these boards? krejci is a bum, and should be traded! i think someone mentioned an even-up for colburne or something. boy that colburne looked sick last night, i barely noticed krejci though, did he play?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

According to Dreger it is 3 yrs @ 5.25 per yr. Another very fair deal by Krejci & by the Bruins. Awesome job Chia & Krejci.

It is evident we see a team that really likes each other & loves winning. We also seen an organization that has treated them well & players who have been very loyal. This is certainly not my childhood Bruins where every negotiation seemed to be a fight.

Now after signing 2 very fair deals David Krejci is a guy who loves playing in big games but is also not after every dime in can make. We are lucky to have a player with that mentality. A very good deal for the Bruins.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I think this is great news.  Be intersting to see if there is a ntc in the contract.
    I like PC's style too, and much prefer less contentious negotiations with the hired hands, but in fairness to the old regime, the salary cap makes the financial x's and o's a little more straight forward to deal with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes... If it really is 5.25 mill a year Chiarelli is a GOD!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Darren Dreger 
    Krejci has modified no trade clause in yrs 2 and 3. Small no trade list. 6 teams.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

TSN is reporting 3 years/ 10.75m which looks like a very good deal if true. Maybe it's a typo. Hmmm...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381675

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Crack reportage by Flotu and Doops yet again. Nice gig you got there. Good news sleeps til noon for Globe hockey writers, I guess.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Great player, good signing, money bang on. Glad to see this done with!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

He's about to get 20+ points in the next 10 games.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Now I can get my Krejci Black Ice hockey sweater!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci 3-year extension:
    I think this is great news.  Be intersting to see if there is a ntc in the contract. I like PC's style too, and much prefer less contentious negotiations with the hired hands, but in fairness to the old regime, the salary cap makes the financial x's and o's a little more straight forward to deal with.
    Posted by stevegm

Very good point. We also don't have labour Armageddon on the horizon & an owner who, at that time, was really working to change the system.

The Bruins have become a great place to play. Who would have thought that during the Dave Lewis, post Joe Thornton days? Chiarelli has done a wonderful job overall in many aspects of the organization. Not only on the ice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Makes you wonder if he had been "slumping" lately due to the pressures of a signing a new deal.  They obviously had the terms in place and then he explodes last night.  Great to see the pressure off him.  Congrats Krecji!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

TSN is reporting 3 years/ 10.75m which looks like a very good deal if true. Maybe it's a typo. Hmmm... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381675
    Posted by Kurako

Ya this has to be a TYPO...that's an average of 3.6 mil/yr, which is a paycut from his current 3.75.
    No way...I'm sure Dreger is correct 3 yr 15.75 mil.
    Either way GREAT JOB PC. He has been slumping but I still remember who lead all playoff players in Goals and points in the playoffs!!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

TSN is reporting 3 years/ 10.75m which looks like a very good deal if true. Maybe it's a typo. Hmmm... http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=381675
    Posted by Kurako

If this isn't a typo Krejci's agent should be fired.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci 3-year extension : If this isn't a typo Krejci's agent should be fired.
    Posted by dalexander2424

I agree! and PC should be extended!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think that has to be a typo on TSN.  Who signs a 3 year deal worth $3.5833333M.year?  Now, $15.75 would be $5.25 as Dreger reported.  My guess is: typo.

If it is $10.75?  Not only should Chiarelli get about a 20% bonus on the $5M difference, Krejci should be enshrined as the anti-Yashin: Takes way, way less than he could get on the open market because "this is a lot of money, I don't need more money than this" and plays significantly better in the playoffs than the regular season.  Also, does not date cougar former supermodels - I mean c'mon Alexei, are you even old enough to know who Ron Greschner was?

But I digress.

The $5.25 deal makes him the highest paid Bruins forward by about 10x Cactus Tony's annual salary as KFC fry cook.  That'll last about a year when Seguin will probably get $5.5. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

PC once again shows why he's one of the top 3 GMs in hockey. He has a knack for locking up his young talent.

Remember, when he came in he said it'd take a few years.  He also said that he figured to contend for a cup within 5 years. Each year they improved and in year 5 they won the whole damn thing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Thanks for the laugh BookBoy.
    If only he would have signed for a little longer.  Next one he'll be UFA with 2 more Stanley Cups.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelf101. Show michaelf101's posts

Like the signing 5+ mil is more than I expected.

Sections
Shortcuts