Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devbran. Show Devbran's posts

Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash

Johnny will be tough to re-sign. Krejci too soft. Bring on Nash and move Seguin to Center!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wetcamelfood. Show wetcamelfood's posts

Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash

And Columbus does this deal why?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Devbran. Show Devbran's posts

In response to "Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash": [QUOTE]And Columbus does this deal why? Posted by wetcamelfood[/QUOTE] Where is Columbus going? They get the Cup point a leader in Krejci and lots of grit in Boychuk.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

If Krejci is  the Cup point "a" leader, then why would you trade him ? And if Boychuk has lot's of grit, why would you trade him either ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Rick Nash. 7.8m per year through 2017-18. Pass.

One thing Dryden wrote about in his excellent book was the difference between a good good team goalie and a good bad team goalie. I think we could extend that to skaters too.

A good good team skater will fit into a system which becomes greater than the sum of its parts (Krejci, Boychuk, Kelly, Pouliot to name a few). A good bad team skater would be head and shoulders above his teammates and look great on highlight reels but may not be able to play in a more structured system (Kovalchuk would fit into that one).

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

The Bruins lose a game and people are starting threads where we trade the two front-runners (one of them was the winner) for the Conn Smythe last year?
    Why would anyone shake up this team right now? If they go into a long slump, then yes....improve the roster.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

no comment.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash:
    [QUOTE]Well happy new troll everyone! this one is even calling the man who led all players in pts last playoffs soft. I think this troll will have a successfull 2012.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I'd be inclined to cut this one some slack. Not many posts but going back  nothing to suggest true trolldom. More likely a newer fan who isn't as learned as all us 'experts'. Heh heh!

http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d7533c84bca4a9d1f57e4d73f37be680&plckUserId=d7533c84bca4a9d1f57e4d73f37be680

The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Nash in Toronto. They'd have two hot shot right wingers while eating up a whole bunch of cap space that'd stop them signing a decent center. Would probably score a barrowload of goals while losing the majority of games 6-5 and missing the playoffs for the next 5 years minimum Wink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : I'd be inclined to cut this one some slack. Not many posts but going back  nothing to suggest true trolldom. More likely a newer fan who isn't as learned as all us 'experts'. Heh heh! http://www.boston.com/community/persona.html?UID=d7533c84bca4a9d1f57e4d73f37be680&plckUserId=d7533c84bca4a9d1f57e4d73f37be680 The more I think about it the more I like the idea of Nash in Toronto. They'd have to hot shot right wingers while eating up a whole bunch of cap space that'd stop them signing a decent center. Would probably score a barrowload of goals while losing the majority of games 6-5 and missing the playoffs for the next 5 years minimum
    Posted by Kurako[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess I'll have to rescind I just looked at past comments they were all positive. Shocked by the 2 radical (re: dumb) trade proposals the day following a loss where the team played poorly.

Lol I like the way your going with this haah. But I think that Nash in TOR could actually be scary. If they get Nash w/o giving up kess/phanuef/schenn/grabo/lupul they have a pretty good group of top players. Sure they all have faults but whenever a team stockpiles good players you dont know when they could break out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : Yeah, I guess I'll have to rescind I just looked at past comments they were all positive. Shocked by the 2 radical (re: dumb) trade proposals the day following a loss where the team played poorly. Lol I like the way your going with this haah. But I think that Nash in TOR could actually be scary. If they get Nash w/o giving up kess/phanuef/schenn/grabo/lupul they have a pretty good group of top players. Sure they all have faults but whenever a team stockpiles good players you dont know when they could break out.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

No dispute that TO can attack and play exciting (ie lots of goals) hockey. The problem is they're not that great in goal (not sold on Reimer), they've got D that can dish out some pain but tend to forget about stopping the goals going in and there's not much down the middle (I've seen Connolly described as a good 2nd line center so that makes him 1st on the Leafs). Nash isn't going to address any of those which is why I'd like to see him land there. Don't forget about that 7.8m cap hit!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash:
    [QUOTE]Johnny will be tough to re-sign. Krejci too soft. Bring on Nash and move Seguin to Center!
    Posted by Devbran[/QUOTE]

No offense but you are a fool who knows nothing about hockey. Trade center iceman David Krejci 44 points in 52 playoff games/half inch from Conn Smyth material for inconsistent winger Rick Nash who has a total of zero lifetime playoff points? 

The mind is a terrible thing to waste!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : No offense but you are a fool who knows nothing about hockey. Trade center iceman David Krejci 44 points in 52 playoff games/half inch from Conn Smyth material for inconsistent winger Rick Nash who has a total of zero lifetime playoff points?  The mind is a terrible thing to waste!
    Posted by riptide757[/QUOTE]
    No doubt Nash is overpaid, but he hasn't exactly been playing with the most talented linemates during his time in Columbus. I mean, Jeff Carter is a nice player and all, but he's hardly what you'd consider a Centre that will feed his wingers the puck.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Horton  - 3 goals in his last 18 games - not Krejci, is who you package in any deal for Nash.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Ipot, the problem with this proposal is Horton's upcoming ufa status. DK is worth considerably more than him right now. That said, I wouldn't trade either right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Horton=playoff overtime goal guy.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Horton=playoff overtime goal guy.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    The only player with 2 game 7 winners. Big goals mean a lot to me and he scores big goals.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

any trade for nash starts with a new GM in boston, one who is incompitent 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash:
    [QUOTE]Johnny will be tough to re-sign. Krejci too soft. Bring on Nash and move Seguin to Center!
    Posted by Devbran[/QUOTE]

LOL at Krejci being "too soft." No, he isn't. Just ask the Flyers.

At any rate, if you're going to post trade proposals, here's a hint: First check capgeek.com and check out your players' cap hits, length of contract, and whether they have NTCs or NMCs. 

For example, Nash (who's 27), has a $7.8 million cap hit on a contract that runs through 2018 with a NMC. Compare that to Krejci (26 years old, $5.25 million cap hit through 2015 with a limited NTC (six teams he will not be traded to)). Not to mention Boychuk, a UFA to be sure but a solid bargain at $1.875 million this year; and why should he be tough to re-sign? What is your reasoning for that statement?

At any rate, Nash is a good player, but the Bruins aren't going to take on that contract. 

And your other proposal (LeCavalier for Thomas) is even more ridiculous. LeCavalier is 31 and has a $7.727 million cap hit on a contract that runs through 2019. And a NMC to boot. He's also at the moment #80 in the NHL in points (25). Not a bad player, but certainly not worth that cap hit at that length of contract. 

And for anyone wondering about Horton, his cap hit is $4 million and he's not a UFA until after next season. And he has a NTC.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : LOL at Krejci being "too soft." No, he isn't. Just ask the Flyers. At any rate, if you're going to post trade proposals, here's a hint: First check capgeek.com and check out your players' cap hits, length of contract, and whether they have NTCs or NMCs.  For example, Nash (who's 27), has a $7.8 million cap hit on a contract that runs through 2018 with a NMC. Compare that to Krejci (26 years old, $5.25 million cap hit through 2015 with a limited NTC (six teams he will not be traded to)). Not to mention Boychuk, a UFA to be sure but a solid bargain at $1.875 million this year; and why should he be tough to re-sign? What is your reasoning for that statement? At any rate, Nash is a good player, but the Bruins aren't going to take on that contract.  And your other proposal (LeCavalier for Thomas) is even more ridiculous. LeCavalier is 31 and has a $7.727 million cap hit on a contract that runs through 2019 . And a NMC to boot. He's also at the moment #80 in the NHL in points (25). Not a bad player, but certainly not worth that cap hit at that length of contract.  And for anyone wondering about Horton, his cap hit is $4 million and he's not a UFA until after next season. And he has a NTC.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Season's greetings. Hope all is well. Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from number08. Show number08's posts

Maybe Montreal will make your trades for Nash and Lecavalier, any team that takes on that Gomez contract is nuts.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : Season's greetings. Hope all is well. Cheers!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Very well, thanks. Hope you're doing well. Backatcha. :-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : Very well, thanks. Hope you're doing well. Backatcha. :-)
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]
    Just get back from a war Duinne? It's been different without you around here. Welcome back!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : LOL at Krejci being "too soft." No, he isn't. Just ask the Flyers. At any rate, if you're going to post trade proposals, here's a hint: First check capgeek.com and check out your players' cap hits, length of contract, and whether they have NTCs or NMCs.  For example, Nash (who's 27), has a $7.8 million cap hit on a contract that runs through 2018 with a NMC. Compare that to Krejci (26 years old, $5.25 million cap hit through 2015 with a limited NTC (six teams he will not be traded to)). Not to mention Boychuk, a UFA to be sure but a solid bargain at $1.875 million this year; and why should he be tough to re-sign? What is your reasoning for that statement? At any rate, Nash is a good player, but the Bruins aren't going to take on that contract.  And your other proposal (LeCavalier for Thomas) is even more ridiculous. LeCavalier is 31 and has a $7.727 million cap hit on a contract that runs through 2019 . And a NMC to boot. He's also at the moment #80 in the NHL in points (25). Not a bad player, but certainly not worth that cap hit at that length of contract.  And for anyone wondering about Horton, his cap hit is $4 million and he's not a UFA until after next season. And he has a NTC.  
    Posted by duinne[/QUOTE]

I still hate your Avatar, but I'm stoked your back anyways.  Happy New Year Duinne.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

Welcome back Duinne....can't have enough informed posters...Salute!