Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash

Welcome back Duinne.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I was saying trade Krejci earlier in season, now that we have him signed why trade him.

At the moment the Bruins team is a team and are the best team in the league and are the number one team for a repeat championship.

The best thing we can do is put Boychuk, Caron and another good prospect to get Suter on the Bruins blue line. He is the only rental that the Bruins can pursue W/O disrupting the chemistry. Our team blue line will be a serious threat:

Chara Suter
    Sieds Corvo
    Ference McQuaid
    Kampfer

In the off season we can make some decisions about who goes and not :

Horton can be expendable in the off season for picks
    Thomas can be expendable in the off season for picks.

This will leave the bruins negotiating power to sign Parise. Right now the Devils are playing good hockey and Parise will be on the UFA market in the summer.

I hate to say it but put Savard on LTI and sign him off for cap space and this will free up some more cap space.

Next season possible line ups

(1) Marchand Bergy Parise the Bruins version of the French connection
    (2) Looch Krejci Seguin the remake of the Looch Savard and Kessel line
    (3) Paille(resign) Peverly Hamil(resign) this can be a solid checking line
    (4) Prospect Campbell(resign)Tootoo (UFA signing)

Chara Kampfer (being babysat by Big Z)
    Sieds Corvo (resign) or Hal Gil is a UFA but a good stay back d man
    Ference Mcquiad
    Hamilton  slowly bring him into the NHL coach him PK and PP skills on the practice level put him into line ups replacing kampfer on back to back gms. and 3 gms. in 4 nights schedules

Rask number one goalie it is time for him to take the starting crown next season
    and find a low cost vet for back up ie Clemensen Biron Emery or see what price is on Harding for back up.

But overall i don't have the power to make these decisions but what the hell it is fun playing computer GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Throw in TT and Marchand, along with Boychuk and Krejci for Nash and its a deal....

I know I know. Thats sounds just as stu pid as the thoughts of starting this post in the first place.

Id trade some ice girls and a beer for Nash.

His salary is just awful and makes any trade for him terrible.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash:
    [QUOTE]I was saying trade Krejci earlier in season, now that we have him signed why trade him. At the moment the Bruins team is a team and are the best team in the league and are the number one team for a repeat championship. The best thing we can do is put Boychuk, Caron and another good prospect to get Suter on the Bruins blue line. He is the only rental that the Bruins can pursue W/O disrupting the chemistry. Our team blue line will be a serious threat: Chara Suter Sieds Corvo Ference McQuaid Kampfer In the off season we can make some decisions about who goes and not : Horton can be expendable in the off season for picks Thomas can be expendable in the off season for picks. This will leave the bruins negotiating power to sign Parise. Right now the Devils are playing good hockey and Parise will be on the UFA market in the summer. I hate to say it but put Savard on LTI and sign him off for cap space and this will free up some more cap space. Next season possible line ups (1) Marchand Bergy Parise the Bruins version of the French connection (2) Looch Krejci Seguin the remake of the Looch Savard and Kessel line (3) Paille (resign) Peverly Hamil (resign) this can be a solid checking line (4) Prospect Campbell(resign) Tootoo ( UFA signing) Chara Kampfer (being babysat by Big Z) Sieds Corvo (resign) or Hal Gil is a UFA but a good stay back d man Ference Mcquiad Hamilton  slowly bring him into the NHL coach him PK and PP skills on the practice level put him into line ups replacing kampfer on back to back gms. and 3 gms. in 4 nights schedules Rask number one goalie it is time for him to take the starting crown next season and find a low cost vet for back up ie Clemensen Biron Emery or see what price is on Harding for back up. But overall i don't have the power to make these decisions but what the hell it is fun playing computer GM.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

dude what the hell?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I like hockey this my short summary:

Don't trade Krejci

Don't disrupt the team

Trade Boychuk and Caron for Suter ( a good rental) that will not disrupt the team

In the off season:

Put Savard on LTI/  get more cap space if Savard does make a miracle comeback in spring training trade him for picks.

If Rask is the real deal then trade Thomas for picks/prospects for providence help in the off season and sign a cheaper back up goalie for Rask

Parise is just pure fantasy to be a Bruin it will cost to much money but darn he would be nice on the Marchand and Bergy line.

Sign paille campbell and hamil (and see what poulit and corvo will be for remaining season) and see who is available for UFA's in summer ie Tootoo will be instant Bruin W/O skipping a beat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PINEwarmer. Show PINEwarmer's posts

[QUOTE]I like hockey this my short summary : Don't trade Krejci Don't disrupt the team Trade Boychuk and Caron for Suter ( a good rental) that will not disrupt the team In the off season: Put Savard on LTI/  get more cap space if Savard does make a miracle comeback in spring training trade him for picks. If Rask is the real deal then trade Thomas for picks/prospects for providence help in the off season and sign a cheaper back up goalie for Rask Parise is just pure fantasy to be a Bruin it will cost to much money but darn he would be nice on the Marchand and Bergy line. Sign paille campbell and hamil (and see what poulit and corvo will be for remaining season) and see who is available for UFA's in summer ie Tootoo will be instant Bruin W/O skipping a beat.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]
    Just wondering why Nashville would trade Suter (a blue chip D-man) to BOS for a #5 defenseman and a inexperienced prospect. I'm sure PHI and almost any other franchise would offer a much more substantial package for a potential $6M D-man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

PINE i already put in my trade pool that suter will be a Flyer. It would be nice to see him as a rental for the bruins. It would be more then just Caron and Boychuk to open the NSH. Gm's eyes. with Weber healing from concussions this will be a deadline delay. The Preds are in the drivers' seat with this situation Flyers are the number contender with this trade, Toronto, TB, WSH, SJ,CHC and Bruins will follow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

is this what happens when the Bruins lose a game? should they make moves to break up fan's monotony?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A Duinne sighting!  Now that is a New Year greeting!  Hope you stay for awhile Duinne!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Welcome back, Duinne. You were missed.

Let me make this response to the op as simple as possible.
    7.8 million for 6 more years. Read that very closely...then consider what PC would have to do to fit that contract in and retain the core of this group.
    Pass, pass, a thousand times pass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

orr4neely you keep leaving out Kelly! Screw tootoo, I'd rather have Kelly haha.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

Boychuk isn't going anywhere. Only player I can live without is Corvo. I think he is a stiff.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raa5150. Show raa5150's posts

The best thing now a days is all you poser Bruins fans who hopped on the bus last season. Swearing your allegiance. Where were you before the Cup? Oh yeah watching the Celtics. F@#k you.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

"he best thing now a days is all you poser Bruins fans who hopped on the bus last season. Swearing your allegiance. Where were you before the Cup? Oh yeah watching the Celtics. F@#k you....."

raa, look at the poster start dates on most of these folks. They've been around a lot longer than you and we've been having fine civil hockey discussions without you for quite some time now. Take off...you're the poseur.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]Boychuk isn't going anywhere. Only player I can live without is Corvo. I think he is a stiff.
    Posted by raa5150[/QUOTE]

boychuk is the worst bruins blueliner. terrible positionally and at making decisions. if anyone should go, it is clearly him

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : Yeah, i forgot horton was ufa. For some reason I though we had him for a longer deal.  I don't move DK unless it wows me.  Nash can put them in net, but I don't see the Bs as a team having problems scoring right now. I know Horton's big game playoff goals, but these dry spells of his - like last season - can be nauseating....you just know the KHL line, when all 3 are clicking at once, can be lethal.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]
    Horton isn't a ufa until the 2013-2014 season.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : Horton isn't a ufa until the 2013-2014 season.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]

close, we have him for one more year after this

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The only think that could stop this Bruins juggernaut right now is a bad trade. For the record, Horton has a no trade and Boychuck won't be traded for a rental because he is a rental himself.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : close, we have him for one more year after this
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    Which means he is under contract for the 2012-2013 season and a ufa for the 2013-2014 season.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]The only think that could stop this Bruins juggernaut right now is a bad trade. For the record, Horton has a no trade and Boychuck won't be traded for a rental because he is a rental himself.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    Do you think Boychuk is a rental because the B's won't be able to afford him or they'll replace him ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

What I mean is he is the equivalent of a rental because he is UFA at the end of the year.  When a team is dealing away a UFA to be a rental for another team, they generally want to get players that will help them long-term.  If someone is going to suggest the Bruins make a deal for a rental (like Suter) or a non-rental star (like Nash) they should suggest that the Bruins deal something that a rebuilding team is actually going to want.  A team dealing a rental is giving up on the current season, so they don't want something that is only going to help them for the current season. They want young players, players under contract and draft picks. Personally, I like Boychuck and hope that the Bruins can and do keep him beyond this season. He makes mistakes, but I accept that not everyone on the team can be Chara and he does a number of things very well at a decent price.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : Do you think Boychuk is a rental because the B's won't be able to afford him or they'll replace him ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

raa5150 i hope you were not referring to be about hopping on the bus. I been a bruins fan since I was 8 yrs. old and i am 49 now. Figure out the math if you can. I am a Canadian Bruins Red Sox and Celtics and all because when i was playing all three sports my fav. players at the time just happen to be playing for a Boston team Orr Yaz and Bird.

If you see my computer room/man cave it is 90% Bruins para. the other stuff is other players that i mentor growing up in the sports world.I stay loyal to my beliefs and talking about trades is OK some people like playing computer GM's. Like myself i am involve in trade pools and it just entertainment to see who's good at hunches. Sometimes other people info. is important for my personal picks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]What I mean is he is the equivalent of a rental because he is UFA at the end of the year.  When a team is dealing away a UFA to be a rental for another team, they generally want to get players that will help them long-term.  If someone is going to suggest the Bruins make a deal for a rental (like Suter) or a non-rental star (like Nash) they should suggest that the Bruins deal something that a rebuilding team is actually going to want.  A team dealing a rental is giving up on the current season, so they don't want something that is only going to help them for the current season. They want young players, players under contract and draft picks. Personally, I like Boychuck and hope that the Bruins can and do keep him beyond this season. He makes mistakes, but I accept that not everyone on the team can be Chara and he does a number of things very well at a decent price. In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]
    I see what you mean and i for one am a Boychuk backer as well. Logs a lot of ice time and plays physical. I know he makes some bad decisions but i think the positives outweigh the bad. If  he doesn't get an outlandish offer from another team, i hope he stays with the B's.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci and Boychuk for Rick Nash : I see what you mean and i for one am a Boychuk backer as well. Logs a lot of ice time and plays physical. I know he makes some bad decisions but i think the positives outweigh the bad. If  he doesn't get an outlandish offer from another team, i hope he stays with the B's.

This is exactly my opinion on boychuck. I absolutely cant stand the moronic insults that are constantly tossed his way by some of this board.

Nice post.

Sections
Shortcuts