Krejci at Center

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Krejci at Center

For anyone speculating on trading David Krejci and having Tyler Seguin take over at center, tonight's game should be a great example of why that is not (at least yet) a good idea. Krejci vs Crosby head to head for many shifts with bad blood boiling on Sidney's part. I wouldn't want Seguin in the role. The difference between 24 and 25 year old men with multiple years of experience and a 19 year old boy is night and day. Tonight's game could be a playoff preview, and I liked what I saw. There has never been a 19 year old center that lead a team to the Stanley cup in modern times, and for good reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Krejci at Center

That was Seguin's first minus game of the season. That's pretty impressive for any player. I'm happy enough if he plays wing forever if he keeps progressing as he has and I'm personally looking forward to the days when he's routinely matched against the games best players. Even during this mini-slump he's been getting lots of good chances. I think he's here now and ready for whatever the league has to offer.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

In Response to Krejci at Center:
    [QUOTE]For anyone speculating on trading David Krejci and having Tyler Seguin take over at center, tonight's game should be a great example of why that is not (at least yet) a good idea. Krejci vs Crosby head to head for many shifts with bad blood boiling on Sidney's part. I wouldn't want Seguin in the role. The difference between 24 and 25 year old men with multiple years of experience and a 19 year old boy is night and day. Tonight's game could be a playoff preview, and I liked what I saw. There has never been a 19 year old center that lead a team to the Stanley cup in modern times, and for good reason.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Good point but I like Seguin's development in the fiesty department. On the opening faceoff for the second period he lined up against Cooke who tried some pre-faceoff stickwork. As the puck was dropped -- Seguin high sticked Cooke -- cut in behind him and centered a pass that nearly resulted in a goal only 9 seconds in. Cooke was still standing somewhere around the blue line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Let's just keep both and end any debate.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

It's only one game, but I really liked what I saw from Krejci against Crosby tonight.  Physically, he was able to over power Crosby and really got under his skin in the process.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

DK was not on the score-sheet, but made his presence known all night, really strong game.  He is starting to string together a few gems in a row now, hoping to see that continue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji is now, mostly, healthy, so we are seeing what he can really do. Crosby was overwhelmed and resorted to cheap shots near the end of the first period. Kreji really stood up to Sid the Kid, and the Kid showed his frustration when he's out-played. Crosby's good, but his maturity has a ways to go. Constantly yapping to or at the ref.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

krejci more than held his own with crosby last night. he was winning draws, battles along the boards, and getting to loose pucks ahead of sid. rarely do you see crosby kept in check, last night he certainly was. as for seguin, he plays his own game. he's where he belongs, skating with patrice at center, and marchand opposite. beautiful goal... lots more of those to come, i'm sure. very seldom can it be said that sidney crosby was a non-factor in a game, last night he was a non-factor. truthfully, it wasn't just those two lines that were so good...ALL FOUR lines skated their butts off last night. the penguins had no answer for any of them. this team is scary good... and i love it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LawLaw. Show LawLaw's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci at Center:
    [QUOTE]That was Seguin's first minus game of the season. That's pretty impressive for any player. I'm happy enough if he plays wing forever if he keeps progressing as he has and I'm personally looking forward to the days when he's routinely matched against the games best players. Even during this mini-slump he's been getting lots of good chances. I think he's here now and ready for whatever the league has to offer.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Seguin could not have been minus...he scored a goal.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci at Center : Seguin could not have been minus...he scored a goal.
    Posted by LawLaw[/QUOTE]
    (+) and (-) stats do not count on power plays, so yes he was a minus. not trying to brag, i just learned this myself not too long ago! now you know

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]For anyone speculating on trading David Krejci and having Tyler Seguin take over at center, tonight's game should be a great example of why that is not (at least yet) a good idea. Krejci vs Crosby head to head for many shifts with bad blood boiling on Sidney's part. I wouldn't want Seguin in the role. The difference between 24 and 25 year old men with multiple years of experience and a 19 year old boy is night and day. Tonight's game could be a playoff preview, and I liked what I saw. There has never been a 19 year old center that lead a team to the Stanley cup in modern times, and for good reason.

Bang on again with this topic. Kelly, Krejci, Campbell and Bergeron are all much more capable defensively and physically then Seguin at matching up with the best centers in the NHL. And to add to that Seguin's faceoff % is at 42.4% , 279th in the league. Keep him on the wing ! Save the move Seguin to center stuff for when he gets older.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Part of me wants to believe that Krejci went to the backhand on two scoring chances (and hit the post both times) due to all the yapping this week about how good Crosby's backhand shot is. Just to get under Sid's skin....

Krejci struggles in some games and has had some nagging injuries, but he *always* comes up big in the big games. I am very, very, happy the Bs locked him up with his next contract.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Well said. nail on the head about the age difference and how huge a few years difference makes at this level. I've stated a few times in these blogs in defense of Krejci that unless i was getting Sid the kid in return that i would not trade Krejci for any forward in the leage at this point in time and even Sid in return would not be a 100% sure trade. '''I believe the trade Krejci posters dont know hockey anyway''' but after watching Krejci frustrate Sid with with strong smarts and puck control and actually hit the pipe twice on two nice rushes off Crosby's stick i wouldn't trade Krejci for any foward in the NHL at this point in time PERIOD! 

That's all i have to say about that......

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Don't ever doubt me again Krejci LOL

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

I thought that was Krejci`s best game all season. He did not get any points but was fantastic all night against Crosby.

This whole team now is so impressive. It is like a finely tuned machine right now. They are locked in defensively & are okay to give up perimeter shots but the opposition have to work so hard to get a sniff of a rebound or close to the net. When they do they have Thomas & Rask both playing excellent.

Extremely impressive to watch right now & maybe the most dominant run of hockey I have seen the Bruins play. They are on a level of there own right now.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Did any of you notice that Dan Bylsma was keeping Crosby and Malkin away from the KHL line in the third period?

When Horton, Lucic and Krejci are playing as they can the line they come up against are playing most or all of time in their own end. Apart from that, they are too strong and physical to play against. One shift against them would exhaust the energy required for a whole period.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

What I like about Krejci being feisty is you see Lucic and Horton barking as well. Which means that those two have Krejci's back. It really speaks to their chemistry.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Wheat, and there-in lies the beauty. Bylsma trying to match them up against Pevery/Kelly and Campbell/Paille doesn't make life any easier. Lines 3 and 4 are so locked in (defensively and offensively) right now.

Krejci really has it rolling. Seguin can stay on the wing, thank you.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]What I like about Krejci being feisty is you see Lucic and Horton barking as well. Which means that those two have Krejci's back. It really speaks to their chemistry.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]
    no kidding!! krejci has some big bad friends!! i love seeing his two henchmen prowling for takers. lucic's scowl is beautiful. horton's temper is lovely. krejci pretty much has free reign out there. when they play on that edge, they are UNSTOPABLE.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RawrBear. Show RawrBear's posts

In terms of speed, Krejci was probably the best I've ever seen him last night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It was fun to watch. The Pittsburgh commentators were actually talking about how Krejci can do what he wants with those two on his line. But interestingly enough, Lucic actually semi-apologised (a 'whoops, my bad' moment) to Crosby when Sidney tripped over Milan's foot going backward. But soon after Crosby got sookie and wacked DK with his stick. That's when Lucic lost it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

having your toughest players be among your best players is an under rated aspect of their success.  They are not the best first line in hockey but maybe #1 when it comes to what line the other teams top line looks forward to seeing the least.  how often do the high end talent of a team see the 4th line muscle of the opposition?  we have it on the first line.

can anyone think of another top line that can match them physically?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"That's when Lucic lost it."

I laugh at the look on opposing skaters faces when they see Milan meandering over asking "I'm sorry what did you say to my center ?" and the look on Asham's face when he saw Chara coming to Paille's aide after the hit on Malkin was of course Priceless...

Sections
Shortcuts