Krejci call????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Re: Krejci call????

In Response to Re: Krejci call????:
    [QUOTE]48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted." I think the play will get reviewed but I don't think Murphy will give a suspension out.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

But they didnt call a hit to the head.  First, its not the players fault where his shoulder lines up, but at any rate the call was "elbowing."  There was no elbow, so a "hit to the head" excuse is not applicable.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I personally thought it was a clean hit.  But I was still expecting a hit-to-the-head penalty call.  No way that was elbowing.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Krejci was responsible for the hit as he opened himself up to gain the poor pass out of the zone.  He was in an area where he exposed himself for a hit.  The penalty was called correctly as it was a blind side hit, but I agree the rule is not clear.  The NHL will review the rule, unfortunately it will change hockey and what use to be clean hits.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci was responsible for the hit as he opened himself up to gain the poor pass out of the zone.  He was in an area where he exposed himself for a hit.  The penalty was called correctly as it was a blind side hit, but I agree the rule is not clear.  The NHL will review the rule, unfortunately it will change hockey and what use to be clean hits.  
    Posted by islamorada[/QUOTE]

That was my point above.  Why was it blindside?  B/c he skated up the ice backwards to get the pass.  He must like suicide.  He is very lucky that wasnt Olund. 
    Players(victims) need to smarten up.  How can you see up the ice skating in reverse.  Then play with the puck in your skates.  lord they teach you when you start hitting hockey to keep you head up.  Glad it wasnt Bergie. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? : But they didnt call a hit to the head.  First, its not the players fault where his shoulder lines up, but at any rate the call was "elbowing."  There was no elbow, so a "hit to the head" excuse is not applicable.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

Actually, on the TSN feed they showed Boucher going ballistic after the call and you could read his lips when the ref came over and said it was a headshot..and Boucher clearly you could read his lips " Not a headshot" ... Can't blame the refs on this.. They are being told  to call any direct hits to the head regardless if you think it was a clean hit or not..The primary target on this hit was the head.   

Last season that was a good hit, this year with Rule 48 it is not.. No wonder the  refs are at a loss on what to call.. Don't blame them.. Blame the higher ups who have these guys so scared even if there is a sniff of touching someones noggin' you get called..These guys are scared for their jobs if they don't call them...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

[QUOTE]48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A lateral or blind side hit to an opponent where the head is targeted and/or the principal point of contact is not permitted." I think the play will get reviewed but I don't think Murphy will give a suspension out.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

The Head was the principal point of contact... the principal point of contact on bergeron was his shoulder tho not his elbow. So the penalty should have been called like it was just not elbowing. Had Bergeron hit him shoulder to shoulder it would have been a clean huge hit. 

http://tsn.ca/ its about 38sec in

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Had DK not been skating backwards and not been playing with the puck like it was pond hockey he wouldnt have been hit. 
    I need a video of this.  Anyone?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Well, I just watched it again and the speed of it has me off target.  I could have sworn in the slow-mo feed that he started skating up the ice backwards. 
    Definitely on the side.  They eventually will remove hitting from hockey.  Make it like womans hockey where they can give slaps and tickles in the corners.
    Scott Stevens would say great open ice hit.  I would tend to agree. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from STFXbruins. Show STFXbruins's posts

http://tsn.ca/ its about 30sec in

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

head up krejci, you're lucky. i hope this is a lesson learned by everyone. terrible penalty call, i'm glad the bruins didn't score on that pp. that game last night was not as close as 2-0 might suggest. great game, best effort of the playyoffs.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Krejci was lucky for sure, thank goodness he is ok. Im glad they called a penalty. the intent was to end is career in my opinion. If TB is going to show that kind of lack of respect, why don't the bruins take a few "clean hits" on players like Stamkos and St Louis. That will teach em to target our star players. The Bruins have done a very good job this playoffs at showing respect to their opponents marquee players. Keep up the good work! GO BRUINS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I thought it was a perfectly clean hit.  Bad call. If it makes you feel any better Roloson played the puck outside of the trapazoid during the PP, with the ref watching, and he just swallowed the whistle.  Refs even things up.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Listening to T&R this morning they were talking about how Haggs/Murph(cant remember which) were saying they had audio of the Ref telling Roloson "Dont do that again!" after he played the puck outside the trapazoid.

I also read an article last week where Frasier said that ref's do infact give out make up calls/non calls. Which IMO is OK with interpertation calls such as Hooking/Interference/Slashing etc.. But not ok with Delay of Game and other clear cut penalties. If infact this is true said Ref should be reprimanded for that.

Calls should be made independently of each other and in such a closely contested game a 5-3 at that point could have been huge.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

A lot of comments about Krejci keeping his head up, but Seids totally left him out to dry with that pass. What's Krejci supposed to do, step away from the puck? There was no rush, and Seidenberg should know better.

Anyhoo - agreed with the folks here that it was a shoulder impact, not the elbow. I don't like it, but the rule in this case dictates a penalty. Bergeron's shoulder did make direct contact with the head, so the call should be 2 mins under Rule 48 and nothing more. The reality is that the league wants to remove ANY direct hit to the head, inadvertent or intentional. I don't agree with this....hits like this should be perfectly legal. But by the letter of the new rule, it was a strike to the head and the 2 mins were warranted.

I wonder if "elbowing" was called because a "hit to the head" call would automatically force a league review and the Refs didn't think it was of that caliber. If so, two wrongs don't make a right. Call the penalty as it is and trust the league will realize that the 2 mins was enough.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CafardoSaysTradeBrady. Show CafardoSaysTradeBrady's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? : Listening to T&R this morning they were talking about how Haggs/Murph(cant remember which) were saying they had audio of the Ref telling Roloson "Dont do that again!" after he played the puck outside the trapazoid. I also read an article last week where Frasier said that ref's do infact give out make up calls/non calls. Which IMO is OK with interpertation calls such as Hooking/Interference/Slashing etc.. But not ok with Delay of Game and other clear cut penalties. If infact this is true said Ref should be reprimanded for that. Calls should be made independently of each other and in such a closely contested game a 5-3 at that point could have been huge.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]

I'm fine with it even with the non-call on the delay of game, and I actually assumed that the ref told Guy he would give him a makeup when the elbow was originally called and Guy was losing it. The ref came over and Guy immediately settled down and kind of gave an acknowledgement. That was what I immediately assumed was going on. 

A 5 on 3 would have been huge at that point and that's an even better reason not to call a silly penalty like that one. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? : I'm fine with it even with the non-call on the delay of game, and I actually assumed that the ref told Guy he would give him a makeup when the elbow was originally called and Guy was losing it. The ref came over and Guy immediately settled down and kind of gave an acknowledgement. That was what I immediately assumed was going on.  A 5 on 3 would have been huge at that point and that's an even better reason not to call a silly penalty like that one. 
    Posted by CafardoSaysTradeBrady[/QUOTE]

A silly penalty or not. Its how its written in the book and its not a penalty with an interpretation. Its not the Bruins fault he fudged up the last call.

Ref's should be consistent and not calling an AUTOMATIC penalty is rediculous regardless of what the last call was or was not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Maybe he could have done a better job getting his shoulder down (though not by much), but it looked to me like he very clearly put the effort to keep his arm at his side while delivering the hit.  Just one of those hits where things didn't quite line up well.  I think Krejčí may have made it worse by trying to dodge it.  I'm just glad he didn't get hurt.

I don't think it should have been a penalty.  I won't be shocked if there is a suspension, but that's because I've learned not to be shocked by any NHL discipline decisions.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

the non-delay of game penalty, was undoubtably a makeup call. the ref was looking directly at roloson when he handled the puck, he was 8 feet away! proof positive that these things do take place in the nhl.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]the non-delay of game penalty, was undoubtably a makeup call. the ref was looking directly at roloson when he handled the puck, he was 8 feet away! proof positive that these things do take place in the nhl.  
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

Even Frasier has admitted it. IMO its not a bad thing but you cant just go around not calling automatic penalties. It completely degrades the rule.

It would be like if Chara flipped the puck over the glass in his own zone in the MTL series and the Ref didnt call it because they flubbed the last penalty they gave to chara. The MTL fanbase would be screaming bloody murder, flipping cars and starting fires.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe he could have done a better job getting his shoulder down (though not by much), but it looked to me like he very clearly put the effort to keep his arm at his side while delivering the hit.  Just one of those hits where things didn't quite line up well.  I think Krejčí may have made it worse by trying to dodge it.  I'm just glad he didn't get hurt. I don't think it should have been a penalty.  I won't be shocked if there is a suspension, but that's because I've learned not to be shocked by any NHL discipline decisions.
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

Krejci needs to keep his head up IMO. I get very nervous when he is catching cross ice passes and weaving through the nuetral zone. He has his head down alot of the time he's doing that stuff.

I heard on T&R this morning someone from the B's bench yelled heads up to Krejci right before the hit. Was probably a good call he braced right at the last second.

I was torn on that call my heart said clean hit, my head said was that "blindside" or "to the head" I cant even tell what is/isnt a penalty anymore.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

I think the leaugue has the rule correct.  A blind side or lateral hit to the head is reviewable and suspendable; a hit from the front making contact with the head is a minor penalty.  At least I think that's how the rule reads??

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Cleaner hit than ive seen some of them. Kind of like when Gomez got laid out in the first series against the B's. Its just natural for players to bend over when skating which puts you in a prone position. Some bend over and get down more than others...

One thing I noticed, before Krejci collected the puck he took a look and when he took that look, did anyone notice that Bergeron was position directly behing the referee. He entered the ice and the ref was off the boards by a couple feet, directly blocking Krejci's site of Bergeron. So thinking that noone was on the ice he collected the puck and turned up ice and got drilled. Thats the only thing I cant think of. Also, 95% of the time when a fwd along the boards picks up the puck, the defense starts getting back, instead of pressuring, so Im sure that played a role in Krecji's thinking, that noone will be there or they will start skating back, because the play is going the other way. Just my two cents. Only krejci knows what he was thinking.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]red, I have more trust in you making the correct call.  they seriously have no idea.  I have seen hits I thought for sure would be a suspension and then shake my head at ones that are.  They are trying to take head shots out.  Problem is they getting rid of good clean hockey hits
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Not a clean hit when the "only" point of contact is the "head", looked to me like he was targeting the head, he did not run thru the body, he nailed the head, which has been his point of contact he and Ohlund has aimed for against DK everytime.

This was far worse than the Pail hit where, he hit someone at full speed, who was skating at full speed, but the head was not the first point of contact. This was a full speed attack at someone basically stopped, where intent was head, there was no body contact until after the head and that was opposite shoulder that was the open side.

DK has to be aware, but he was, just not quick enough, he was just putting his right arm up to protect his 'body', where he should have put both up to protect his head.

Def head shot, no attempt to hit the body.

Boyc does nail people like this every chance he gets, the difference is he gets the body as the point of contact, which is a good hockey hit.

Watched it 20 times, no way was this a clean hit, nor even an attempt to be one, he is staring DK'S face right until he contacts it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

GOAT...are we watching the same hit? was it unnecesary, yes. was it illegal, no! i'm not sure what you were watching, if you think it was a high hit. as for it being worse than the paille hit, are you serious? paille skated looped around from behind the play, and blindsided. no "head up" would have mattered there. if krejci had his head up he would/could have avoided the hit altogether. as a matter of fact after that hit, there were a couple instances where during the game, i saw players ease up on pucks, because a big hit was coming. lesson learned. it's called hockey, and that was an open ice hit. a clean open ice hit.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci call???? :  This was far worse than the Pail hit where, he hit someone at full speed, who was skating at full speed, but the head was not the first point of contact.

Watched it 20 times, no way was this a clean hit, nor even an attempt to be one, he is staring DK'S face right until he contacts it.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

Wow, talk about no credibility.  If you could dream that Paille's hit was not terribly illegal from the direction it came from... almost identical to the Savard / Cooke hit... but you think that simple hit last night was worse, you really need to take off your black and gold glasses.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci call????:[QUOTE]Maybe he could have done a better job getting his shoulder down (though not by much), but it looked to me like he very clearly put the effort to keep his arm at his side while delivering the hit. Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

This is where I think there will be a review but no suspension. Marc-Andre had him in a vulnerable blind side position then the shoulder hits the head. Same as the Ference hearing conference call warning "be careful of the head" that's it.

Sections
Shortcuts