Krejci: Conspiracy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

Krejci: Conspiracy

On the surface, It seems as if the Bruins organization made a wise decision in locking up David Krejci for the next three years... Or does it?

Would it be wrong to question the timing and terms of the contract?

First off, contracts do not happen over night. They take weeks of preperation, research, performance analysis (past/ potential-future), and of course last but not least negotiation. Both the media and the public had started to suggest that the reason why Krejci may have been struggling was due to his uncertain contract status with the Bruins. In theory, you would think a player would know perhaps a week or at least a few days prior that a contract will be finalized.

This extension, while expected, surfaced un-predictibly. In some sense manking it hard to comprehend. Krejci is a RFA, is in a season long slump and is his 5th NHL season is still having trouble finding consistantcy in his game. An outside factor, but an important one is Seguin's surge to "Franchise-type" player status. The Bruins had no reason to get this settled right now. They could of dragged it until after the season had concluded.

Do the Bruins believe that Seguin is best suited as an outside threat? Do they truly think David Krejci is a bonafied (80+pt) top-line center? Are they ready to dump Chris Kelly who may be had for pretty reasonable money? All are legitamite questions which leads me to this...Krejci will not live out his contract here in Boston.

If anything, his contract makes him more tradable. Short years, affordable dollars and he is still fairly young at 25. As far as "conspiracy" goes: Has anyone stopped and thought about the fact the Krejci's new deal matches up exactly with Bobby Ryan's remaining deal in ANA? Ryan has 3 years left (2015) at about $5.1mill cap-hit. We all know the Ducks need a high-end center and that the Bruins have been looking for a go to scorer for the last 3 seasons. Yes, I know we are #1 in offense but how long can you count on 3rd line players to score on 25-30 goal pace?

In reality, the Bruins need a sniper, and your best asset is Krejci. His new contract provides security for the other team, knowing they dont have to fear the possibility of offer sheets when the season is over. Thus, making him a really attractive target. Don't get me wrong, I love david Krejci but if you can get a Zach Parise, Bobby Ryan type player then that is something you have to explore.

Anyways, as the thread reads it's just a conspiracy. Maybe i'm farfetched on this and maybe i am the only one on planet "idiot" that views this situation like this. Either way, I hope it all works out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Re: Krejci: Conspiracy

It is not a conspiracy the mngt. and Krejci were working on a contract for a while. They both came to settlement today and Krejci like the chances that the black and gold can win another cup. The feeling of winning the cup is a great experience that he Krejci will want to experience again. Now PC can focus on two other FA Kelly and Rask now that Krejci is signed.

Your preception of a possible trade is also something brewing in Bruins land, Maybe your right. Seguin riding right wing with bergy and march. is something i will not complain about. Kessel was drafted as a center and then the bruins coaching put him on RW with Looch and Savard he(Phil) produce goals.

I personally would rather have depth scoring then one elite goal scorer and Seguin will become the bruins next elite scorer just like what Kessel is doing in Toronto. Kessel belongs in Toronto he fits well there and Seguin is definitely Bruins material.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

If i was Bruins mngt. now that Krejci is signed his value is very similar to Getzlaf. But if Anaheim is willing to trade Getzlaf this would be the one to pursue. Krejci, Caron and Hamil for Getzlaf.

Bruins 1st. line

Looch 6'4 220 lbs. LW shoots L
    Getzlaf 6'4 221 lbs. C shoots R
    Horton 6'2 229 lbs. RW shoots R

Avg. weight 223 lbs avg. height 6'3

Then the bruins can counter attack with speed from 2nd and 3rd lines then a consistent 4th line.

The 1st line will wear and tear down the defense with fore checking then line change with speed and more speed. A coaches nightmare when facing the bruins.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

When you went the Parise route you lost me.  Contradicts your whole conspiracy theory. 
    Better yet who are you ?  1st post ?  uhmmmm
    I don't believe this is your 1st post on this board. ALias ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Krejci got a similar contract because they are similar players, achievement-wise, not because they are about to be traded for each other.  It's possible they could be traded, but DK's agent would not come to an agreement because it helps his client get moved. There were two sides in that negotiation. Not similar: Krejci and Getzlaf.  I'm a big DK fan, but Getzlaf is better.  Not because he is bigger, but because he is better. But regardless, the Bruins don't need a scorer. They don't need anything. They are first in offence. Why mess with a winning formula?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci: Conspiracy:
    Krejci got a similar contract because they are similar players, achievement-wise, not because they are about to be traded for each other.  It's possible they could be traded, but DK's agent would not come to an agreement because it helps his client get moved. There were two sides in that negotiation. Not similar: Krejci and Getzlaf.  I'm a big DK fan, but Getzlaf is better.  Not because he is bigger, but because he is better. But regardless, the Bruins don't need a scorer. They don't need anything. They are first in offence. Why mess with a winning formula?
    Posted by OatesCam

Not 100% positive ~ but i could swear that was Cam Neely on the grassy knoll

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

How much better? These trade scenarios are so bogus as to be laughable. Kreji is very good; works well with Looch and Horton; understands Claude's system; never shirks; when healthy , he is great on the PK; he's only 25.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Wasn't a ntc part of his deal for the first year anyways.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team=5

Not according to CapGeek 50 but that doesn't mean it isn''t true they might not know or haven't updated the site yet. $11.4M for 7 players next summer now, maybe add $2M for the cap going up to make $13M...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

The way this team is playing, I say keep Krejci in Boston. I really like our balanced scoring... even Pouliot has been better recently.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Krejci is one of my favorite all time Bruins.  I like the fact he's humble, and reserved.  I like the fact he's very skilled.  I like the fact that, so far, he elevates his play when it's most important.
    But.......... as a fan, the thing I like most,  is that he appears to genuinely "want" to be a Bruin. 
    Most players chase the most money. 
    That's life I guess,  but I'll never understand why millionares would forsake the opportunity to continue representing a brand of something I...a poor man... consider so sacred....for a few lousy bucks, they obviously don't need.
    DK is much more than your average high achiever.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

I thought this team was pretty good as is.  Good thing for talk radio and message boards to constantly remind me that we need a sniper.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

I agree BSX,why would the B's want to make any changes to a team that is arguably better than the one that just won a Stanley Cup ? I think we might need an experienced insurance D just in case Boychuck/Kampfer aren't playing well as we approach the playoffs and a solid guy for the 3rd line, if Benoit can't cut it ,but those types of acquistions aren't major and are certainly obtainable near the deadline.Otherwise this team is fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Kelly will get signed next as PC is on a role to tie up is Stanely Cup winning Champs as long as he can. We are left with very few questions and money in the bank with this deal. If Thorton has a good year he will be signed again at the end of the season. The only deadline deal that will happen will be a third line winger with experience and for the right price. Pevs and Kelly are playing great right now and belong here. There is no question. There is nothing to the conspiracy it is simple math and smarts by PC. As far as D is concerned I am not sure why Boychucks name gets bandied about he has an excellent plus minus in the last games and we lead the NHL in plus minus with the top five players on the list including our first line of Segs Bergy and March leading the way. I am all for a third line winger with experience but to consider any other trade posibilities in unrealistic at this point and the signing of Krejci puts the argument to rest.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

"Would it be wrong to question the timing and terms of the contract? First off, contracts do not happen over night. They take weeks of preperation, research, performance analysis (past/ potential-future), and of course last but not least negotiation. Both the media and the public had started to suggest that the reason why Krejci may have been struggling was due to his uncertain contract status with the Bruins. In theory, you would think a player would know perhaps a week or at least a few days prior that a contract will be finalized." Wow, you are a dolt. 1) According to Chia, they have been working towards this since the summer. 2) You think Krej didn't know about this until last night? Really! 3) You think the timing is weird? Why? He's not the first guy Chia extended during the season. He's not even the first one he extended THIS season. 4) Unlikely the slump had anything to do with the contract. Unless Lucic signed a secret contract last night, too? 5) surfaced unexpectedly? Since when has Chia gone public about contract negotiations? Every one of his extensions were hidden from us until the signing was announced. Where have you been? And its nit a conspiracy if only one fruitcake out there actually believes it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Kelly will get signed next as PC is on a role to tie up is Stanely Cup winning Champs as long as he can. We are left with very few questions and money in the bank with this deal. If Thorton has a good year he will be signed again at the end of the season. The only deadline deal that will happen will be a third line winger with experience and for the right price. Pevs and Kelly are playing great right now and belong here. There is no question. There is nothing to the conspiracy it is simple math and smarts by PC. As far as D is concerned I am not sure why Boychucks name gets bandied about he has an excellent plus minus in the last games and we lead the NHL in plus minus with the top five players on the list including our first line of Segs Bergy and March leading the way. I am all for a third line winger with experience but to consider any other trade posibilities in unrealistic at this point and the signing of Krejci puts the argument to rest.
    Posted by Macfact

There are times I like Boychuck's game.He works hard,hits like a ton of bricks and has the booming shot but there are also times when he tries to do too much,he runs around and makes poor decisions as far as positioning goes.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Boychuk makes way too many mistakes.  He has a nice shot, and he can throw some big hits, but he can be a defensive liability.

Someone like McQuaid is less flashy, but is more reliable.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I do like Mcquaid but when you have a stable group in defense anchored with Sidenberg, Chara, Mcquaid no fuss no muss you have to have some polar opposites on the other side that make sense. Boychuck makes sense with Chara and has a good plus minus right now. Corvo with Sidenberg has looked good although I like Corvo with Mcquaid and Ferrence with Sidenberg. Chemistry is everything on D so why mess with a good thing and balance defense. Mistake or no mistakes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from superj2k10. Show superj2k10's posts

"Would it be wrong to question the timing and terms of the contract? First off, contracts do not happen over night. They take weeks of preperation, research, performance analysis (past/ potential-future), and of course last but not least negotiation. Both the media and the public had started to suggest that the reason why Krejci may have been struggling was due to his uncertain contract status with the Bruins. In theory, you would think a player would know perhaps a week or at least a few days prior that a contract will be finalized." Wow, you are a dolt. 1) According to Chia, they have been working towards this since the summer. 2) You think Krej didn't know about this until last night? Really! 3) You think the timing is weird? Why? He's not the first guy Chia extended during the season. He's not even the first one he extended THIS season. 4) Unlikely the slump had anything to do with the contract. Unless Lucic signed a secret contract last night, too? 5) surfaced unexpectedly? Since when has Chia gone public about contract negotiations? Every one of his extensions were hidden from us until the signing was announced. Where have you been? And its nit a conspiracy if only one fruitcake out there actually believes it
    Posted by davecarr

You clearly missed the point or lack thereof. I was simply saying that the media and public opinion was that Krejci was struggling due to not having a contract established. Also, the situation for him got worse within the last week with these trade rumors surrounding him (He said it himself in an interview *CSNNE.COM*).So, if he knew outright that everything would work out then why was he all paranoid for? The summer negotiations are all well documented, no one is saying otherwise. You obviously lack any sense of novel comprehension.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

In Response to Krejci: Conspiracy:
    On the surface, It seems as if the Bruins organization made a wise decision in locking up David Krejci for the next three years... Or does it? Would it be wrong to question the timing and terms of the contract? First off, contracts do not happen over night. They take weeks of preperation, research, performance analysis (past/ potential-future), and of course last but not least negotiation. Both the media and the public had started to suggest that the reason why Krejci may have been struggling was due to his uncertain contract status with the Bruins. In theory, you would think a player would know perhaps a week or at least a few days prior that a contract will be finalized. This extension, while expected, surfaced un-predictibly. In some sense manking it hard to comprehend. Krejci is a RFA, is in a season long slump and is his 5th NHL season is still having trouble finding consistantcy in his game. An outside factor, but an important one is Seguin's surge to "Franchise-type" player status. The Bruins had no reason to get this settled right now. They could of dragged it until after the season had concluded. Do the Bruins believe that Seguin is best suited as an outside threat? Do they truly think David Krejci is a bonafied (80+pt) top-line center? Are they ready to dump Chris Kelly who may be had for pretty reasonable money? All are legitamite questions which leads me to this...Krejci will not live out his contract here in Boston. If anything, his contract makes him more tradable. Short years, affordable dollars and he is still fairly young at 25. As far as "conspiracy" goes: Has anyone stopped and thought about the fact the Krejci's new deal matches up exactly with Bobby Ryan's remaining deal in ANA? Ryan has 3 years left (2015) at about $5.1mill cap-hit. We all know the Ducks need a high-end center and that the Bruins have been looking for a go to scorer for the last 3 seasons. Yes, I know we are #1 in offense but how long can you count on 3rd line players to score on 25-30 goal pace? In reality, the Bruins need a sniper, and your best asset is Krejci. His new contract provides security for the other team, knowing they dont have to fear the possibility of offer sheets when the season is over. Thus, making him a really attractive target. Don't get me wrong, I love david Krejci but if you can get a Zach Parise, Bobby Ryan type player then that is something you have to explore. Anyways, as the thread reads it's just a conspiracy. Maybe i'm farfetched on this and maybe i am the only one on planet "idiot" that views this situation like this. Either way, I hope it all works out.
    Posted by superj2k10

Please! enough of the Krejci speculation! the only speculation is in your mind!Krejci is and was the best Bruins foward during the playoffs for the past 3 seasons and that's why he was locked up PERIOD! the Bruins have ZERO intention on trading him. besides sid the kid i cant think of any forward i would trade KrejcI for at this point in time. this assumption that the Bruins need a sniper is also beyond STUPID! the Bruins system dont warrant a sniper to satisfy new wave fantasy sports fans who think the Bruins should play 82 straight games of playoff hockey and score 600 goals and go 82-0 only to get ousted in the first round.

ENOUGH PLEASE!

Get it through your head. Krejci and Bergeron are untouchable!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karl-Hungus. Show Karl-Hungus's posts

funny.  krejci is now getting dollar phil money but gets to win stanley cups. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Krejci: Conspiracy : Please! enough of the Krejci speculation! the only speculation is in your mind!Krejci is and was the best Bruins foward during the playoffs for the past 3 seasons and that's why he was locked up PERIOD! the Bruins have ZERO intention on trading him. besides sid the kid i cant think of any forward i would trade KrejcI for at this point in time. this assumption that the Bruins need a sniper is also beyond STUPID! the Bruins system dont warrant a sniper to satisfy new wave fantasy sports fans who think the Bruins should play 82 straight games of playoff hockey and score 600 goals and go 82-0 only to get ousted in the first round. ENOUGH PLEASE! Get it through your head. Krejci and Bergeron are untouchable!
    Posted by riptide757

Are you familiar with hyperbole?

Sections
Shortcuts