Krejci-Ryder-Wheeler

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Re: Krejci-Ryder-Wheeler

Personally I think they all bring a different element to the team and very happy to have all 3. Great job on the homework ya MeanE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci-Ryder-Wheeler:
    [QUOTE]Krejci is the Bruins best center, period!  I hear excuses for Bergeron and Savard all the time.  The one constant is that Krejci makes whatever line he is on better!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Check his PP stats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]+/- isn't everything, but he is +10, Bergeron +7, Savard -6 He is 50% in the faceoff dot, which needs to be better, Bergeron 55% Savard 50% He is logging more ice time then any other forward, including 1:45 per game of short handed time, which is third amongst active forwards behind Bergeron & Campbell Has 22 hitsin 27 games, Bergy has 17 in 34 and Savard has 4 in 11 Has 17 blocked shots in 27 games, Bergeron has 24 in 34 4 giveaways and 11 takeaways, Savard 7 giveaways 0 takeaways, Bergeron 10 and 15 respectively.   It is my Opinion and the numbers tend to back me up.  Whether or not you choose to see the facts in the numbers, is another question.  The coaching staff must not be able to see the flaws in Krejci's defensive game either.  l must be blind?
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    I can't stress enough that it's all about who you're up against.Of course Bergeron isn't expected to  have  a good +/- when he goes up against the Ovechkins,Stamkos,Crosby's,etc.You say DK has only 4 official  giveaways.He had that many in the last game against Washington(including a real doozie to Ovechkin with 3 seconds left).Bergeron had a point per game on the 1st line in DK's abscence so that seems to be a wash.I'm interested in knowing where you got your hit stats since NHL.com no longer  offers them.Bottom line-those numbers might make you feel better but they don't back you up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci-Ryder-Wheeler : I think Bergeron creates chances constantly and he's had somewhat of a revolving door for wingers on one side and a 42 year old Recchi on the other.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FINALLY! someone that agrees with my point on Bergeron's offensive decline! Tough to put up numbers when your stuck with Axelsson, Paille, and a declining Recchi the last 2 seasons....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci is the Bruins best center, period!  I hear excuses for Bergeron and Savard all the time.  The one constant is that Krejci makes whatever line he is on better!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

Stick him with Paille and Axelsson for a year then get back to me. Amazing how Bergeron out-performed him having Paille on his left and Recchi on his right all of last season...just saying. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Dez- the NHL does still provide hits, go to stats/individuals/real-time stats.  How do they not back me up?  You said "If you don't see the flaws in DK's defensive game then you aren't looking-period!"  The hits, penalty kill TOI, the blocked shots, and leading the forwards with TOI are all indications that his defense is not seen by the coaching staff as flawed.

NAS- looks like Krejci is not as efective on the PP as some might think.  He has 2 pts. on the PP and 22 at even strength. Bergy has 9 points on the PP and 10 even strength.  Although Bergy has played 15 more minutes on the PP to this point in the year.

Xenimus - Out-performed?  52 pts. a piece, yes I know that Bergeron had 6 fewer games, but he also averaged 40 seconds more per game last year, so I would say they were about even.  In addition, Krejci played hurt to begin the season, when he was supposed to miss a month.  

Loochfan - I am happy to have all three as well.  Just IMHO Krejci is the best of the 3 with Bergy second and Savard a distant third!  Campbell is what he is and has brought more then I ever expected.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez- the NHL does still provide hits, go to stats/individuals/real-time stats.  How do they not back me up?  You said " If you don't see the flaws in DK's defensive game then you aren't looking-period!"  The hits, penalty kill TOI, the blocked shots, and leading the forwards with TOI are all indications that his defense is not seen by the coaching staff as flawed. NAS- looks like Krejci is not as efective on the PP as some might think.  He has 2 pts. on the PP and 22 at even strength. Bergy has 9 points on the PP and 10 even strength.  Although Bergy has played 15 more minutes on the PP to this point in the year. Xenimus - Out-performed?  52 pts. a piece, yes I know that Bergeron had 6 fewer games, but he also averaged 40 seconds more per game last year, so I would say they were about even.  In addition, Krejci played hurt to begin the season, when he was supposed to miss a month.   Loochfan - I am happy to have all three as well.  Just IMHO Krejci is the best of the 3 with Bergy second and Savard a distant third!  Campbell is what he is and has brought more then I ever expected.
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    In the overall scheme of things I don't know why we're arguing.I like Krejci as a player(that's why I started the post).Bergeron and DK are different players but both effective at what they do.Thanks for the heads up on the stats as I've been trying to find the hits stat all year with no luck.I am  barely computer literate though.Let's hope all of the lines can chip in tonight.Cheers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Let's put it this way. Bergeron still has a better career points per game ratio than Krejci.

Krejci has played with the teams top to goal scorers almost all season.

He entered tonight with one more point than Bergeron who has had almost every other forward on the team on his wings at some point, and spent about half of it with Recchi as a winger or Caron or Seguin.

Shouldn't "The best center" (who's career faceoff percentage is uglier than Boogaard) have many more points than Bergeron these things being true? Especially since Caron couldn't even stay with the big boys?

[QUOTE]Yeah, Krejci couldn't produce on the top line.  LMFAO!
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

Now that Wheeler is playing better the line is clicking again like it did a couple seasons ago.   I said last year that Wheeler was the problem on that line last year, hopefully he will continue to play better.   Ryder is playing like Ryder (25-30G, 25-30A player, good with the puck, suspect away from it) and Krejci is a great center.    If Wheeler keeps the giveaways to a minimum and uses his size on the boards, that line should be a rock for us the second half of the season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Wheeler was not the problem last year. Wheeler was the best part of the trio.
    Krejci wasn't back to normal until January. Ryders head was not in the game due to off ice issues, and 2/3rds of a line unable to perform is kinda bad.

[QUOTE]Now that Wheeler is playing better the line is clicking again like it did a couple seasons ago.   I said last year that Wheeler was the problem on that line last year, hopefully he will continue to play better.   Ryder is playing like Ryder (25-30G, 25-30A player, good with the puck, suspect away from it) and Krejci is a great center.    If Wheeler keeps the giveaways to a minimum and uses his size on the boards, that line should be a rock for us the second half of the season.
    Posted by Homebrew76[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

B& G - R U the Devil, your posts remain at 666?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci-Ryder-Wheeler:[QUOTE]SanDog - What does your caret mean? Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

It means I didn't want to show you Krejci is the 27th ranked center in the league while averaging 20 minutes per and he's on pace for 56 points not good enough! David is supposed to be this stud that would allow PC to jettison Savard.

Is his wrist is bothering him or he has PCS crept in since the Oshi hit ? I don't know but he needs to step it up. I understand why he's your favorite player but he did not take over as the best center on this team and the reason why Chiarelli did not shop Savard and never did get over it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Wheeler is skating very well and seems to have jump. Now if only he can build some confidence and take the puck to the net as he did in his rookie year.
    That's what impressed me that year,  speed , size and puck handling.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

27th Ranked center in the league?  What does that have to do with being the best center on the Bruins.  Also, based on what, points?  Because based on Points per game, he is 18th in the league, on a team that is defensive minded first.  In addition, his .86 pts. per game is better than Savard's .80 last year prior to the Cooke hit.  Krejci is 24 years old with only 251 games under his belt. 

Let's compare:

Savard's First 253 games:

55 goals, 114 assists for 169 pts. -25

Bergeron's First 239 games:

72 goals 117 assists for 189 pts. -18

Krejci's First 251 games:

52 goals 124 assists for 176 pts. +49

Krejci's biggest weakness is at the dot, but overall he is still the best center on the team IMHO.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Krejci's biggest weakness is at the dot, but overall he is still the best center on the team IMHO.

Let me just say that PB was chosen to play for Canada (that could've put 3 great teams) because he's great in all 3 zones & on the dot. How can you say that DK is Boston's best center when he doesn't play against the other teams best lines, doesn't produce on the PP & doesn't have the best face-off %? There's 3 area's right there where PB is showing he's far more the better of the 2. PB's value to this team isn't one that shows up on the scoresheet on a nightly basis. Sure in the offensively minded sort of sense you may have a good arguement. That's where it stops though.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

".86 pts. per game is better than Savard's .80 last year"

Meh yah your right David is blowing Savard out PC should get rid of Marc.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Why argue??? Kreji s now the best Offensive Bruins forward. Bergeron is the best overall player as he competes, he has been saddled with a declining Recchi; he helped tutor Caron, and they should bring him back; He plays hurt; and together they are two formidable centers. Savvy is still not back to full strength; full capability; or full participation; but, hopefully he will get there. Ryder is Ryder and his style will have us calling to trade him forever. Wheeler has emerged as a better player while also being tutored by Bergeron, he is almost the player you do not want to trade. Other threads have itemized Recchi's decline as well as the potential benefit of moving him to the 4th line.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

[QUOTE]Wheeler woke up Krejci and Ryder. He's the key.
    Posted by niftybear[/QUOTE]

would'nt you say that krejci woke up wheeler and ryder would be more 
    accurate?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I think Wheeler is going to turn into a star player very soon. I can't wait

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci-Ryder-Wheeler : would'nt you say that krejci woke up wheeler and ryder would be more  accurate?
    Posted by sclifton_4_freespeech[/QUOTE]

i'd say so. Especially Ryder. But Wheeler has been solid this year. He was dominating last night especially i thought. 10 more pounds of muscle and i think wheeler could be a handful to handle

Didn't want to keep him around after this season but if he keeps this play up the bruins couldn't lose him to FA