Krejci vs Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

Krejci vs Seguin

I have been pondering this question for the last couple of days.  What do you guys think?

If Seguin has a breakout year (70+ points) will Krejci be brought back or traded for a top line winger or top 2 d-man in the off-season? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Krejci vs Seguin

i think we should keep all 3 and have the deepest set of centers in the league.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ed-PBruins-Fan. Show Ed-PBruins-Fan's posts

Trade Krejci, you smokin' dope???

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Krejci has a long road ahead in Boston, hopefully as the #2 center in a couple of years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci vs Seguin:
    [QUOTE]Krejci has a long road ahead in Boston, hopefully as the #2 center in a couple of years.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    True that home-slice.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

In Response to Krejci vs Seguin:
    [QUOTE]I have been pondering this question for the last couple of days.  What do you guys think? If Seguin has a breakout year (70+ points) will Krejci be brought back or traded for a top line winger or top 2 d-man in the off-season? 
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

beware of habs trolls making up the trade Krejci posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

[QUOTE]Trade Krejci, you smokin' dope???
    Posted by Ed-PBruins-Fan[/QUOTE]

I never said I would trade him or that I would want to trade him.  I was just wondering if anyone thought it COULD happen.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci vs Seguin : I never said I would trade him or that I would want to trade him.  I was just wondering if anyone thought it COULD happen.  
    Posted by derrickmorin[/QUOTE]

I think it could for sure.  These kinds of trades are about unloading a player when other teams perceive his value to be higher than you do.  It would be a bold move for sure, but so was Kessel and we know how that turned out.   It will depend entirely on how the prospects develop, as Segiun's development alone doesn't allow enough depth to do it.  
    I like Krecji, but I don't see him as untouchable.  He hasn't put up those kind of numbers yet.   

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jrstel. Show Jrstel's posts

Big IF here but what if Seguin had more than just a 70 point breakout season, say a 100 point 50+goal Stamkos type sophmore season. Then you're looking at more than just a 4+mil contract when his entry level contract is up. Can the Bruins afford paying Krejci 5m+, Berg 5m+ and Seguin 7m+?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Oh no!  The Bruins might have too many good players!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Oh no!  The Bruins might have too many good players!
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Right!  If that's the case, let's talk about trading one of them!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The bigger issue will be if seguin proves to be a worthy center, and Savardcomes back healthy..This is the final year of Krejci's deal, So he could/would be the guy to move, but I wouldn't put too much on seguin coming in to his second year.. Didn't get a normal off season, and has a long ways to go before julien trust him enough to run him out there 20 minutes a night..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Keep Krejci Horton Lucic together for a few years please

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think Spooner's development is going to factor into this.  From what I read, he projects to be a #1-2 center at some point.  So at some point the B's have to decide whether they are going to pay Krecji $5-7M, or trade him and pull Spooner up for < $3M to center the third line behind Bergeron and Seguin.

Other option is to play Seguin on the wing, but I think he has too much playmaking ability to go that route.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]I think Spooner's development is going to factor into this.  From what I read, he projects to be a #1-2 center at some point.  So at some point the B's have to decide whether they are going to pay Krecji $5-7M, or trade him and pull Spooner up for < $3M to center the third line behind Bergeron and Seguin. Other option is to play Seguin on the wing, but I think he has too much playmaking ability to go that route.
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]
    In the bruins system, I don't think krejci would see more then $5m possibly..

Defensively he's not bergeron, nor is he asked to be, and his offense isn't a big enough gap to warrant the same money (5.5 per)..

That said, I don't believe spooner is projected to be a 1-2.. I believe hes a 2-3.. And even ifs he a 1-2, its not soon enough to affect krejcis next deal, hes going back to juniors this year, and wont be an NHL Center the following season, certainly not to the point that your shipping out a roster center to make a spot for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

http://bruins2011draftwatch.blogspot.com/2011/07/bruins-prospect-profile-3-ryan-spooner.html

Projection
    Spooner could be Boston's long-term answer for what looks like the loss of veteran pivot Marc Savard to post-concussion syndrome. He's a similar smallish high-end pivot and playmaker, but a significantly better skater than Savard in terms of quick burst and top speed. Spooner has top-six forward written all over him, but may have to bide his time on the third line with players like Tyler Seguin and David Krejci ahead of him in the pecking order. Spooner could see time in the pros at wing, but he's best suited up the middle, where the team can take advantage of his creativity and skill. The difference between Spooner, Jared Knight and Dougie Hamilton is miniscule: Spooner could just as easily sit atop the Boston prospects depth chart.

Maybe he's one year away, maybe he's three....I think that will effect the Krecji situation

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I think Spooner's development is going to factor into this.  From what I read, he projects to be a #1-2 center at some point. 
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's optimistic! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci vs Seguin : Wow, that's optimistic! 
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

I agree with Chappy also. His skill set projects him to be a 1-2 center. Doesn't mean he'll do it but some of us who are optimistic would like to think this could happen.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci vs Seguin : I agree with Chappy also. His skill set projects him to be a 1-2 center. Doesn't mean he'll do it but some of us who are optimistic would like to think this could happen.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

While that is true, You think his develop curve is going to be great enough to affect krejci's upcoming contract...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Seguin? Are you people kidding me?  He still might be a bust. There have been a lot of "skilled" players that never evolve into NHL type players.  He has one good period verse TB, thats it.  I know he is young, but good gawhd, better than Krejci? I guess if he scores 90+ points next year, than yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci vs Seguin : While that is true, You think his develop curve is going to be great enough to affect krejci's upcoming contract...
    Posted by rolerhoky19[/QUOTE]

No. That's just silly.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

#2 overall pick Eric Staal had 11 goals his first NHL season (30 points/82 games).  He was -6.

#2 overall Tyler Seguin had 11 goals last year.  He was -4.

Staal's second NHL season: 45-55-100pts.

I'm cheating.  Staal had a full lockout season to star with Lowell.

Point is, it's not inconceivable that a second year player hits his potential.  Which, you know, would mean bo-diddly in terms of Krejci.  Krejci's next deal will be signed before Tyler gets his 5th goal of the year.  It will be (write this down) either a two year deal that takes Krejci to UFA status, or a 5 year deal similar to Bergeron's.  A huge deal makes no sense because there's no percentage in it for the Bruins - negligible affect on the cap hit compared to the risk of DK getting injured in a way that minimizes his effectiveness.

So again, oh no Mr. Bill!  The Bruins might have three top notch centres under contract!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I see no reason why you wouldn't want Seguin, Krejci and Bergeron all on your team.  The only reason why not is if they all wanted huge money.  Bringing Spooner into the conversation seems a bit premature.  It reminds me of my younger days anticipating the huge scoring numbers of Cameron Mann.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tom857. Show Tom857's posts

Look for Krejci to cash in around $5-6M for about 5 years

Sections
Shortcuts