Krejci vs Seguin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Re: Krejci vs Seguin

Whether Spooner or somebody else, eventually the cap is going to play a role in a decision about our centers.  One could argue that in a couple years we will have 3 potential first line centers on our team.  In that case, we can be like Pittsburg and have great centers and so-so wingers, or we can move somebody and bring up younger talent.  No way we are going to be able to pay Chara, Bergeron, Seguin, Krecji, Lucic, Horton, and hell lets throw Marchand in there too.  They are all only going to get better and demand more money.

It's nice to sit back and say that we have a great set of centers, it is unrealistic not to take into consideration the effect it will have on the cap going forward.  We are good, and under the cap right now because we have a young team with many players on their first, or second pro contracts. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci vs Seguin:
    Whether Spooner or somebody else, eventually the cap is going to play a role in a decision about our centers.  One could argue that in a couple years we will have 3 potential first line centers on our team.  In that case, we can be like Pittsburg and have great centers and so-so wingers, or we can move somebody and bring up younger talent.  No way we are going to be able to pay Chara, Bergeron, Seguin, Krecji, Lucic, Horton, and hell lets throw Marchand in there too.  They are all only going to get better and demand more money. It's nice to sit back and say that we have a great set of centers, it is unrealistic not to take into consideration the effect it will have on the cap going forward.  We are good, and under the cap right now because we have a young team with many players on their first, or second pro contracts. 
    Posted by Chappy28

While This is all true, at this point the bruins don't have (IMO) an elite first line center, Seguin is supposed to be that guy, so we will see.. Even if Spooner fully develops, he projected as a 1-2 center, not an elite level talent, not an all star.. Developing that player would be more important to me..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

The Bruins don't have a $9M C let alone two of them.  Longshot to think Krejci ever hits 80pts, and at this point it's nothing more than magical thinking that Seguin gets there - he may, and I can see it in my head, but like many things I can see in my head, I ain't paying for it.

Put it this way.  For just Malkin and Crosby's salary, the Bruins could pay Bergeron, Krejci, and Seguin an average of $5.8M and still buy Chara a Coke.

The only one of these concerns that amounts to real pressure would be Spooner making a Marchand like push for more playing time at a time when the Bruins are also flush with highly productive wingers - meaning Horton, Lucic, Marchand and at least one other winger is playing well enough that the Bruins would move a guy to another team rather than find a way to get him time on a wing if necessary.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

why are talking about trading Krejci? He'll probably sign an extensionbefore the season. So whats wrong with having 3 good young centers..I doubt any one of them will crack the 100 pt mark in the next 3 years. I keep seeing Spooner and Knight mentioned, well they are not on the team yet. Krejci and Bergeron will max out at 70 or so points a year, while Seguin may overcome that, I guarantee it won't be next year.

Sections
Shortcuts