Krejci...time to dump him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nash99. Show nash99's posts

Krejci...time to dump him

This guy is invisible. Seven goals from a top six forward at this point is a joke! But people knock Ryder.....How exactly did we need to keep Krejci over Kessel? I would get on the phone with Ottawa and try to get Afredsson for Krejci...throw in Wheeler or Stuart. I'd do it in a minute

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Krejci...time to dump him

kessel didn't want to play here. alfredsson today is not the same as alfredsson a few years back. he doesn't have much left in the tank.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Your right that Krejci isnt producing atm. However the team has been on a good run here without Lucic/Krejci/Horton doing very much(hmm maybe they SHOULD be re-united) anyways.

Its not a bad thing if the team is doing this well while they slump. IMagine if they hit the stride they had the first 15 games or so then watch out league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him:
    Your right that Krejci isnt producing atm. However the team has been on a good run here without Lucic/Krejci/Horton doing very much(hmm maybe they SHOULD be re-united) anyways. Its not a bad thing if the team is doing this well while they slump. IMagine if they hit the stride they had the first 15 games or so then watch out league.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

I'm with you ILH. I'll worry about players slumping if the team isn't winning.Until then,it's not really a problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

Lets dump our best player because he has been slumping for the last few weeks. Really. Krejci will be fine. The fact that you are comparing Ryder to Krejci makes you lose all credibility.

The only 2 guys with more upside then Krejci on this team are Rask & Seguin. There is lots of other deadwood to move long before Krejci. We have seen what this team is like when Krejci is on & what they are like when he is hurt.

Krejci should never have been taking out of the primary center role on this team just to cater to a returning veteran who has done nothing to this point. Way to much catering to certain veterans on this team rather then just using the eye test.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Seems to me Krejci hasn't been the same since he got hit on the head.

I think he just needs more time to get re-oriented, it took Bergeron a while to get back into it as well.  True, Krejci's concussion was no where near as serious, but still - the point I'm making is that there is some amount of time after a concussion before a player gets back to form.

About knocking Ryder, no matter what about Krejci, I never see the outright laziness that Ryder displays.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lets dump our best player because he has been slumping for the last few weeks. Really. Krejci will be fine. The fact that you are comparing Ryder to Krejci makes you lose all credibility. The only 2 guys with more upside then Krejci on this team are Rask & Seguin. There is lots of other deadwood to move long before Krejci. We have seen what this team is like when Krejci is on & what they are like when he is hurt. Krejci should never have been taking out of the primary center role on this team just to cater to a returning veteran who has done nothing to this point. Way to much catering to certain veterans on this team rather then just using the eye test.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

Not to be a dick Newfie,but you calling DK our best player doesn't exactly do wonders for your credibility either.Bergeron,Chara and TT are all better than DK.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

nash,

Krejci is a valuable chip if we wanna deal him.  And I agree that 7 goals isnt a lot.  But he is a play maker.  I have long said this team lacks top scoring wingers.  Our wingers are just not that good. 
    I do believe that Horton will pick up his pace though.  And I would much rather have Lucic as a 2nd line fwd.  But we have what we have.  Things could be a lot worse than having Krejci.  BUT.  I still would offer him for a legit scoring winger if the option was there

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

nash, Krejci is a valuable chip if we wanna deal him.  And I agree that 7 goals isnt a lot.  But he is a play maker.  I have long said this team lacks top scoring wingers.  Our wingers are just not that good.  I do believe that Horton will pick up his pace though.  And I would much rather have Lucic as a 2nd line fwd.  But we have what we have.  Things could be a lot worse than having Krejci.  BUT.  I still would offer him for a legit scoring winger if the option was there
    Posted by shuperman

Agreed Shupe.I like DK but also understand that we're loaded at centre and lacking on the wings.You have to give something up in order to get a good player in return.DK would fetch a good return as he's reasonably priced and will only improve with age.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him : Not to be a dick Newfie,but you calling DK our best player doesn't exactly do wonders for your credibility either.Bergeron,Chara and TT are all better than DK.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Maybe I should have clarified fwd. Chara is the best & most important player. Bergy & Krejci are the teams 2 best forwards. Bergy has been better the last month but when both are on there game I take Krejci.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him : Maybe I should have clarified fwd. Chara is the best & most important player. Bergy & Krejci are the teams 2 best forwards. Bergy has been better the last month but when both are on there game I take Krejci.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

I prefer Bergeron but I can understand why others might prefer Krejci.Speaking of Bergeron,does anyone in the league score more unassisted goals than him? He's great at picking off opposition clearing attempts and putting them in the back of the net.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Newfiebullet. Show Newfiebullet's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him : Agreed Shupe.I like DK but also understand that we're loaded at centre and lacking on the wings.You have to give something up in order to get a good player in return.DK would fetch a good return as he's reasonabally priced and will only improve with age.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I disagree they are loaded at center. Bergy is playing the best right now, Krejci is in a huge slump, Savard has been horrible & even though I believe Seguin should be playing center he is not ready to take a major role yet.

I have seen nothing from Marc Savard to make me think either Krejci or Bergy are expendable. Both are also much younger & Krejci has a good contract. Makes no sense to deal him to fill one hole & create another hole.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him : I disagree they are loaded at center. Bergy is playing the best right now, Krejci is in a huge slump, Savard has been horrible & even though I believe Seguin should be playing center he is not ready to take a major role yet. I have seen nothing from Marc Savard to make me think either Krejci or Bergy are expendable. Both are also much younger & Krejci has a good contract. Makes no sense to deal him to fill one hole & create another hole.
    Posted by Newfiebullet

I'm not saying DK is expendable.Just the opposite actually.Shupe and myself recognize that DK is the most valuable trading chip.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I like to get to the area early and get something to eat before going in.  You can get a decent meal beforehand at one of the local places for the same prices that a hot dog and fries will cost inside.

I like DJ's, The Fours and Hurricane O'Reillys.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

the teams that get better is trhe team that adds to its team and regcognizes the weaknesses ..but doesnt wait till they start losing..thats really stupid ..as long as were winning lets stay with some stiffs..well thats how you go down the shitter

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

Dump Krejci, what a bunch of idiot fans we have in Boston. He is lacking a scorer who can put all his great passes in the net.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

No question this is the least productive period of play that Krecji has ever given the B's...He's not making the crisp, finesse plays that he's known for, and he's been invisible. But the team is doing well, so that only means he could break out at some point and only improve the squad offensively. Or he will become untradeable. Krecji has become Sturm-like in his slumping. He's too good a player to let this bad period last.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

Conversely, I don't think I've seen Savard be so active than the past few games. Best he's played prior to his concussion by Ulfie Cooke.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rjd57. Show rjd57's posts

Some people on this board fall in love with guys who can stickhandle a little. Sort of like  little kids mesmerized by a puppet show. (Remember Samsonov?)

There's a lot more to being a good hockey player than stickhandling. So far, Krecji hasn't shown much beyond that. He's soft, he still makes poor decisions with the puck, he's invisible for whole shifts at a time, he's not strong on his stick.

I'm not saying he's a bad player, but the notion that he's better than Bergeron is ludicrous. The idea that he's the best player on the team? Not by a long shot. If I had to build a team, I'd take five or six guys from the Bruins before I'd take Krejci. But he's still young enough that he can get better and stronger. I hope he does.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Your right that Krejci isnt producing atm. However the team has been on a good run here without Lucic/Krejci/Horton doing very much(hmm maybe they SHOULD be re-united) anyways. Its not a bad thing if the team is doing this well while they slump. Imagine if they hit the stride they had the first 15 games or so then watch out league.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

This is what I've been saying when Horton and Lucic were slumping.
    Lucic has already scored since his return and think he'll continue to produce. Eventually Horton will get it going.
    Krejci,  if the other centers are playing well it'll take the pressure off . As long as he plays the way he did in playoffs last season I'll be happy.
    As for trading him ...... Bruin fans that post all these trade rumors or suggestions have to realize that in order to get the other teams blue chip you need to trade your blue chip therefore all of you wanting that superstar defense, who do you think the other team is asking for ?
    All this to say that if the Bruins do make a blockbuster deal it'll be one of our centers being traded.  Do the math,  out of the 5 in the lineup which would be the easiest for the Bruins to trade ?  and it's not Savard because of his recent condition and it's not Seguin , of course ! Do the math .
    I won't be shocked if a trade is made or needs to be he (won't say the name) get's traded.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

rjd, go look at tapes of the 2010 playoffs. Right before he got hurt, he was the best Bruin on the ice...He had 4 goals and 4 assists v. Sabres/Philly and in his 27 career playoff games he's a plus 10....think about that...playoffs is a time the B's have been shaky or inconsistent. But a Plus-10??? That's impressive. He is very capable of being a great player and right now he's just in a massive slump.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JYaso. Show JYaso's posts

The lack of patience of Bruins fans on this board just blows me away. The kid is a real good player who is going through a tough time statistically.  Just like Bergeron his value comes in many different ways. He probably has some nagging injuries that he is playing through-- like Looch last year.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In Response to Krejci...time to dump him:
    This guy is invisible. Seven goals from a top six forward at this point is a joke! But people knock Ryder.....How exactly did we need to keep Krejci over Kessel? I would get on the phone with Ottawa and try to get Afredsson for Krejci...throw in Wheeler or Stuart. I'd do it in a minute
    Posted by nash99

Spoken like a true bandwagon fan.

You'd make a great GM! Let's see if we can get you the position with the Leafs. You cant be any worse than Burke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Krejci's season is not as bad as some are suggesting.  I love this Bergeron is great Krejci stinks line of thinking, here are some facts:
    - Krejci leads the team in assists with 23
    - Krejci is 2nd on the team in Points Per Game, .016 behind Bergeron

I think the issue is around expectations.  Seems like folks expected more production from Krejci and less from Bergeron, so the fact that they are even creates that perception.

That being said, Krejci is valuable chip that would fetch a nice return to help the team in other areas.  I would support that line of thinking, rather than the "dump" Krejci line from the OP.

Sections
Shortcuts