Krejci...time to dump him

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Re: Krejci...time to dump him

In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him:
    [QUOTE]Lets dump our best player because he has been slumping for the last few weeks. Really. Krejci will be fine. The fact that you are comparing Ryder to Krejci makes you lose all credibility. The only 2 guys with more upside then Krejci on this team are Rask & Seguin. There is lots of other deadwood to move long before Krejci. We have seen what this team is like when Krejci is on & what they are like when he is hurt. Krejci should never have been taking out of the primary center role on this team just to cater to a returning veteran who has done nothing to this point. Way to much catering to certain veterans on this team rather then just using the eye test.
    Posted by Newfiebullet[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!! Krejci our "best" player?

Hmmm, when did the Bruins trade off Patrice Bergeron and Tim Thomas?

I love Krejci, good playmaker but far from complete player everyone thinks he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

To continue my thought, i agree with most that he should not be traded. He's young, and is going through a tough time. However, you look at his potential and look at 7g in 40-games...Makes you go "OUCH".

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I certainly wouldn't trade Krejci to a division rival but I do think Alfredsson does have something left in his tank right. If it brought in a good young sniper like Parise I would trade Krejci in a hearbeat. PC has the prospects and the picks with David to give to Lou to make the deal work.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco1001. Show marco1001's posts

Anyone who thinks and thought krejci is more of a valueable player to a team then  kessel just has no nhl sense which is common on these boards.

krejci is a crafty weak playmaker with lousy scoring ability - he also cannot shoot for beans!!1 he is a craft playmaker though .

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

marco,

there is more to value than putting a puck in the net.  Case in point Kovalchuk.  The once proud organization now has a 50 goal scorer.  They are doing great.  I can list examples of pure scorers who may be able to score but kill the moral of a team and offer nothing but meaningless goals.  I would take Krecji anyday over Kessel.  Kessel is fast and can score goals.  But he is also known as a moral downer and not well liked. 
    I would take a team guy over an ego guy who can score.  I would much rather win with guys that would go through a wall for me and the team and vice versa. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Last year, many wanted Lucic and Thomas traded. Good thing they weren't (well...good thing for you, not necessarily for me).

I think the same will be true about Krecji.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

It also gives you pause to move Krejci when you realize that Savard is still in a fragile state.  A hit by Hunwick knocked him out of the game...I didn't know Hunwick hit anybody?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Krecji looked pretty good on that 2x1 with Lucic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Krejci will be fine.  I'm only worried about him getting injured.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

This is a joke right ?
    krecji loses the best 2 wingers on this team when savy returned and get stuck with whoever is available, its like bergeron when he was slumping. Top centers need a permanent line not makeshift lines every 3 or 4 games

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Krejci is on par with Bergeron as our two best offensive talent on the team. Unless you are getting back a top player like Brad Richards you don't trade Krejci away

He needs competent wingers if anything. If he had someone like Ovie or Brett Hull, he be scoring 2 assists a game consistantly

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jman4. Show jman4's posts

David was hurt earlier this year from a head shot and only missed a handful of games, perhaps it will take a while for him to be like last year but I stil think the guy is one of our best.

go B's

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fordprefect. Show fordprefect's posts

DUH

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci is on par with Bergeron as our two best offensive talent on the team. Unless you are getting back a top player like Brad Richards you don't trade Krejci away He needs competent wingers if anything. If he had someone like Ovie or Brett Hull, he be scoring 2 assists a game consistantly
    Posted by yaz16[/QUOTE]

If Krejci even had half the will to compete as Bergeron does night in and night out I would be thrilled . He is as soft as butter on a hot summer afternoon..On Par with Bergy??.. Not even close...I am not going to argue the fact that Krejci has some amazing skills, he does,  but he is selling himself so short by his lack of committment to play hard every game.. No doubt about it.. He takes too many nights off plain and simple, you don't even notice him some games..some games it's like he isn't even trying.. And what is amazing to me is he plays more minutes every game than any Bruins forward and accomplishes so much less.. Where is the accountability? 

It's amazing to me how some guys on this team are held to so much more scrutiny on their performance, some on a game by game basis , and this guy continues to get a pass by the apologists on here... I don't get it.. This guy is on pace to score 50- 55 pts this season ... Is this what the bar is for this guy? Are you happy with this output? I ,most certainly,  am not...There is so much more this guy can give...

I hope he does turn it around and quickly .. it would help this team tremendously and take the pressure off the others that are doing the lifting most nights...Hopefully yesterday was a start.. Good to see finally.. I noticed him..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 40YrsNoCup. Show 40YrsNoCup's posts

Hopefully Krejci is just hurt and playing through an injury... I'd be scared to think he regressed this much.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

In Response to Krejci...time to dump him:
    [QUOTE]This guy is invisible. Seven goals from a top six forward at this point is a joke! But people knock Ryder.....How exactly did we need to keep Krejci over Kessel? I would get on the phone with Ottawa and try to get Afredsson for Krejci...throw in Wheeler or Stuart. I'd do it in a minute
    Posted by nash99[/QUOTE]

Do you actually watch the games? Krejci is not scoring right now, but if you watch him - he's playing excellent hockey. Always in position, creates opportunities for his wings, checks etc.. This type of observation has been made countless times about Patrice Bergeron in the past - funny you don't here them any more. Same applies to Horton; he's doing everything right but right now he's hit a dry spot - eventually it will turn for both these talented players. I'd keep Krejci over Kessel everyday, and twice on Sundays. Kessel does one thing well - he's a burner with a good (not excellent) scoring touch.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TommyCrockett. Show TommyCrockett's posts

there are a few players that are slumping a bit right now , but the team is in 1st place in the division and playing some good hockey and beating some good teams.  Give these guys a chance to work through it.... plus..trading a slumping player isn't going to get you much in return anyway...etc...NOBODY wanted Tim Thomas over the summer...but I bet there isn't a team in the league that wouldn't want him now... Timmy slumped last year..and look at what he's doing now...and besides....if PC didn't unload Ryder for slumping the last couple years..he certainly isn't going to move a player who actually has some upside....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Krejci...time to dump him : If Krejci even had half the will to compete as Bergeron does night in and night out I would be thrilled . He is as soft as butter on a hot summer afternoon..On Par with Bergy??.. Not even close...I am not going to argue the fact that Krejci has some amazing skills, he does,  but he is selling himself so short by his lack of committment to play hard every game.. No doubt about it.. He takes too many nights off plain and simple, you don't even notice him some games..some games it's like he isn't even trying.. And what is amazing to me is he plays more minutes every game than any Bruins forward and accomplishes so much less.. Where is the accountability?    It's amazing to me how some guys on this team are held to so much more scrutiny on their performance, some on a game by game basis , and this guy continues to get a pass by the apologists on here... I don't get it.. This guy is on pace to score 50- 55 pts this season ... Is this what the bar is for this guy? Are you happy with this output? I ,most certainly,  am not...There is so much more this guy can give... I hope he does turn it around and quickly .. it would help this team tremendously and take the pressure off the others that are doing the lifting most nights...Hopefully yesterday was a start.. Good to see finally.. I noticed him..
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

Wheres the "Like" button here? Nice post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

who would take him?   GM GM GM GM GM GM GM GM......29 would!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

You guys are talking about the guy who leads our team in assists? And has missed 7 games? Are we talking about the right person? So he hit a cold streak....if I'm not mistaken, every player in every sport goes on cold streaks. There are no teams in the NHL that don't have skilled guys who don't play hard every game. That's just the way it is. The talent pool in the NHL isn't as deep as the NFL or MLB; some of us need to get over that. The bottom line is that Krejci is a +10 and leads our team in assists......the last thing that needs to be done is to trade away a guy who can rack up 70 points in a season where he clicked on all cylinders and was only 22 years old.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Anybody who claims DK is better than Bergy just isn't paying attention! PB is the COMPLETE player! He's good at everything. DK doesn't have the expanded skill of Bergeron. I hope DK goes a hellva lot faster than Bergy. Also, if DK was a Canadian? I bet the odds of Steve Yzerman taking him on the O-team is 1000-1. I will take the opinion of Stevie Y over anybody on this board!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]I like to get to the area early and get something to eat before going in.  You can get a decent meal beforehand at one of the local places for the same prices that a hot dog and fries will cost inside. I like DJ's, The Fours and Hurricane O'Reillys.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

lol wut? Hurricane is pretty good but a madhouse around gametime no room to eat there lol. Pretty damn good food though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are talking about the guy who leads our team in assists? And has missed 7 games? Are we talking about the right person? So he hit a cold streak....if I'm not mistaken, every player in every sport goes on cold streaks. There are no teams in the NHL that don't have skilled guys who don't play hard every game. That's just the way it is. The talent pool in the NHL isn't as deep as the NFL or MLB; some of us need to get over that. The bottom line is that Krejci is a +10 and leads our team in assists......the last thing that needs to be done is to trade away a guy who can rack up 70 points in a season where he clicked on all cylinders and was only 22 years old.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

ding ding ding winnah!

Now with Savard out(hopefully not for long!) DK is the number 1 guy again. I think him and Horton really like the label of #1 line. So hopefully that line clicks again and all will be well in the universe.

I wonder who would be on this team if for every coldstreak a player hit they were traded. Id imagine it would be an AHL team with a bunch of guys like Raffi Torres and Alfredsson lol.(Not a dig at anyone inparticular)