Kreji possibilities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigbadbruinsfan. Show bigbadbruinsfan's posts

Re: Kreji possibilities

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : I said there were only a few on the list that you wouldn't keep ahead ok DK.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Got it, misread initially, I didn't think u were losing it!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : You certainly know a lot about public relations. "Sorry we lost the Cup again." "Sorry we signed that goalie to one of the worst contracts ever." "Sorry our club lacked any leadership and we had to name the goalie the Captain." "Sorry our players dive all the time." "Sorry our players bite other players." "Sorry our fans burned down the city." "Sorry our GM blames a game in Januray for losses in April." "Sorry we won the President's trophy and lost in the first round." Crank up that PR machine!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Is that all you have NAS?

If so, it's pretty lame.

Let's talk hockey.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Those were all hockey points.

However, I think that Krejci requires more finisher types. His best statistical season was not with Lucic and Horton. Lots of people forget that he did his best when playing with Ryder and Wheeler (did 3 inconsistent performers form the most consistent line in the NHL in '08-'09?).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : PC is good at holding out for trades, being cautious with the cap etc, but he is extremely cautious and passive.  He needs Neely ahead of him to say, Pete, it's time to change something on the PP now.  Or, we are making mid season trades this year and going for it, cash in some of the 10 1st rounders for a risk.  Without Neely, I feel like we would just resign every guy forever until they're 40 and retire on their terms.  Neely seems to be the voice for PC to make him act, the  PC choses how to act (trade for kelly, pev, kaberle, fire ward or sign new pp guys, etc)
    Posted by bigbadbruinsfan[/QUOTE]

Now what makes you say that?  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Because PC is passive to the media people assume he's a passive GM.  Because Neely talks aggreesively and fist pumps people assume he's the aggressive executive.  That may be correct about Neely, but just because PC's style is quiet and underspoken tells you nothing of his work.

He's made very aggressive moves in the free agent market.  He signed Chara.  He signed Horton.  He's fired underperforming coaches.  Quickly too.  PC made dealt away Phil Kessel for draft picks -- a very ballsy move at the time.  Brian Burke, who is clearly the prototype for the aggreesive GM, was outplayed so severely by PC that he lost his pants.

I would say that PC is cautious when he needs to be and aggressive when he needs to be.  The best quality for a GM is good judgement, not some collection of inspiring performances for the media.

I'm not knocking Neely at all, just saying that PC is passive like a fox.  Don't be fooled by the quiet guy in the back of the room who is two moves ahead of everyone else.  I believe we have a the best GM in hockey (and a pretty good President to help him).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Chara.
    Horton/Campbell.
    Kaberle (even though it wasn't the right one, it was a bold one).
    Kessel.

Most of those panned out, and they were pretty bold.

The Kelly/Peverley trades weren't very bold, but they certainly worked out.

What Krejci truly lacks is a legitimate shot. Not too many goalies are afraid when #46 is setting up to take a shot on the PP. In my opinion, everybody on the ice needs to be able to shoot the puck if you're on the powerplay. That's where the Bruins missed Horton this year the most. Prior to the Horton injury, the Bruins powerplay was solid. After the injury, it was one of the worst in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I dont think he is a figure head but I do think they use the fact that he is a revered figure here in Boston to their advantage.  I always like what he has to say, and I know he's in their with PC and Sweeney on trade deadline day. I'd be wiiling to bet his knowdlege of players around the league is pretty good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Now what makes you say that?  This is exactly what I'm talking about.  Because PC is passive to the media people assume he's a passive GM.  Because Neely talks aggreesively and fist pumps people assume he's the aggressive executive.  That may be correct about Neely, but just because PC's style is quiet and underspoken tells you nothing of his work. He's made very aggressive moves in the free agent market.  He signed Chara.  He signed Horton.  He's fired underperforming coaches.  Quickly too.  PC made dealt away Phil Kessel for draft picks -- a very ballsy move at the time.  Brian Burke, who is clearly the prototype for the aggreesive GM, was outplayed so severely by PC that he lost his pants. I would say that PC is cautious when he needs to be and aggressive when he needs to be.  The best quality for a GM is good judgement, not some collection of inspiring performances for the media. I'm not knocking Neely at all, just saying that PC is passive like a fox.  Don't be fooled by the quiet guy in the back of the room who is two moves ahead of everyone else.  I believe we have a the best GM in hockey (and a pretty good President to help him).
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Fletch,

This is also full speculation on your part.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Is that all you have NAS? If so, it's pretty lame. Let's talk hockey.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

I was talking hockey.  You try so hard to be insulting in a backhanded way.  Your team has no history, no storied players, nothing.  You know how B's fans feel about Neely, so you insult him.

I'd like to insult some of your best players ever.  Who is on the list?  Stan Smyl?  The entire Canuck franchise is a pitiful string of chokes and misfires. 

That's hockey.  Insulting Cam Neely is not hockey.  It's sour grapes for being the fan of a total loser of a club while the people who surround you know the sweet taste of Championship wine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Fletch, This is also full speculation on your part.

Not really.  It's speculation backed by specific examples...which isn't really speculation at all.  The poster said that PC is passive and sits back and waits instead of being aggressive.  I cited a bunch of aggressive moves that he's made.  Smart ones too.  It is more observation than speculation.

Since you're reaching a little here, what do you think?  Do you think PC is passive and sits back and waits for Cam to yell at him?  What about the more aggressive moves that PC made before Neely was promoted?  Wouldn't you agree that PC is sometimes passive and sometimes aggressive, depending on the situation?  Go ahead and look at the track record too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : I was talking hockey.  You try so hard to be insulting in a backhanded way.  Your team has no history, no storied players, nothing.  You know how B's fans feel about Neely, so you insult him. I'd like to insult some of your best players ever.  Who is on the list?  Stan Smyl?  The entire Canuck franchise is a pitiful string of chokes and misfires.  That's hockey.  Insulting Cam Neely is not hockey.  It's sour grapes for being the fan of a total loser of a club while the people who surround you know the sweet taste of Championship wine.

This is a quote from my posting:

I'm not asking this to get a rise out of anyone. I'm simply asking because I don't know the answers.

I was asking a question, as part of a discussion about Neely.  To my knowledge, he didn't have any NHL scouting or managerial experience before being appointed President of the Bruins.  So I simply asked all of you, who would know much better than I, what his credentials were.

As it turns out, from a hockey operations standpoint, his experience is limited.  This is not really disputable, and it's not meant as an insult.  I was simply trying to clarify Neely's role in the organization.  If it's mainly community relations and outreach, then fine.  There's no insult in that, it's an important part of any organization's operations.

You may have noticed (but chose to ignore) that I recanted on my "figurehead" comment.

Perhaps you're making too much of my comments, or you're overly sensitive to any comments I make, because you always seem to see the negative side to them, and respond with some comment about a riot, diving, whining, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Not really.  It's speculation backed by specific examples...which isn't really speculation at all.  The poster said that PC is passive and sits back and waits instead of being aggressive.  I cited a bunch of aggressive moves that he's made.  Smart ones too.  It is more observation than speculation. Since you're reaching a little here, what do you think?  Do you think PC is passive and sits back and waits for Cam to yell at him?  What about the more aggressive moves that PC made before Neely was promoted?  Wouldn't you agree that PC is sometimes passive and sometimes aggressive, depending on the situation?  Go ahead and look at the track record too.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I'm well aware of his track record.  I can probably name every move he's made from memory.

I don't think about it at all.  Only a crazy person would from an opinion about something he or she knows nothing about.  How could I even guess if Chiarelli acts alone or waits for pressure from upstairs? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : OK, so he's a figurehead.  A great Bruin, kept around the organization because he's a great Bruin, the fans love him, and he looks great in the position, but with no real decision-making powers. Am I reading this right?

Tell me where any of this is stated.  You read his bio and came up with this yourself.

Typical Canuck fan.  Throw a punch, but when called for it, whine and wonder why.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : This is a quote from my posting: I'm not asking this to get a rise out of anyone. I'm simply asking because I don't know the answers. I was asking a question, as part of a discussion about Neely.  To my knowledge, he didn't have any NHL scouting or managerial experience before being appointed President of the Bruins.  So I simply asked all of you, who would know much better than I, what his credentials were. As it turns out, from a hockey operations standpoint, his experience is limited.  This is not really disputable, and it's not meant as an insult.  I was simply trying to clarify Neely's role in the organization.  If it's mainly community relations and outreach, then fine.  There's no insult in that, it's an important part of any organization's operations.

Of course it's all speculation, but I imagine Neely probably does act similar to the way the president of any big organization would.  He meets with different departments, gets a bunch of feedback, and then gives performance evaluations and sets company objectives.

It might actually help that he isn't an expert on scouting or coaching.  Let the guys do their jobs without too much meddling, but make sure everyone is on the same page.  Talk to the GM, coaches, scouts, players, player development people, trainers, etc.   Try to find out what worked well, what didn't and what needs to improve.  If there are any conflicts between the different departments, help resolve them and let everyone understand what the final decision is.

Obviously being as popular as he is with the fans is a huge plus, but if the coaches and management are having trouble getting a message across to a someone, who better to hear it from than a hall of famer who also epitomizes what the organization looks for in a player?

Ultimately though, I think he's someone who has always been around the team and been close with the Jacobs family since his playing days.   I think he's always given them feedback, and that combined with his success in other ventures lead to more involvement with the team.  They trust his passion and knowledge, and while not a former gm, scout or coach, he's the guy they felt could lead the operation.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Tell me where any of this is stated.  You read his bio and came up with this yourself. Typical Canuck fan.  Throw a punch, but when called for it, whine and wonder why.

You call that a punch??  Geez, NAS, I thought you were made of sterner stuff.

Guess I thought wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : You call that a punch??  Geez, NAS, I thought you were made of sterner stuff. Guess I thought wrong.
    You're absolutely right. It was clearly more a hair pull or a finger bite than it was a punch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : You call that a punch??  Geez, NAS, I thought you were made of sterner stuff. Guess I thought wrong.

What an annoying little (insert female dog here).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Trade Krecji to Toronto for their first and 2nd round picks (5th and 35th) ! Tongue out

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

[QUOTE] Trade Krecji to Toronto for their first and 2nd round picks (5th and 35th) !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

You can accuse Burke of stupidity, but I don't think he's THAT stupid.

I'd be down for that. However, something tells me that those two players on the same line would mean Kessel actually continuing strong throughout a whole season.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : 1.  Seguin should be the #1 center. 2.  Krejci doesn't create enough offense to be a #1 center. 3.  Krejci takes up too much cap room to be a #2 center. 4.  Krejci is useless on special teams. 5.  Krejci cannot be counted upon for a consistent performance.

1 Seguin's skill set is better on the wing.
    2 Krejci led the playoffs in scoring on the way to the cup.
    3 If you use point per ice time as a measure Krejci is a number one center
    4 Coaching is more of a problem than Krejci is.
    5 I don't care if a player is consistent as long as he plays well in big games.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]Seguin should be the #1 center? How do you figure that? I love Seguin as a player, but he has little NHL experience as a center. He has spent most of his 1st two seasons as a winger. You don't just thrown him into the #1 center spot. He has to get more time at center before he gets to be the #1 center. I think a lot Krejci's struggles were due to the same thing a lot of the Bruins struggles were due to, Nathan Horton's concussion. It didn't help that Lucic was terrible. It is hard for a #1 center to put up numbers when his linemates aren't producing
    Posted by lordy4[/QUOTE]

This settles the issue, in my opinion.  Get Krecji a big strong right wing who'll go to the net, put the puck on the net - maybe that's Horton, but only time will tell - and DK's game will re-elevate.  Play Seguin with Bergeron and Marchand. 

An issue of similar importance is who will replace Kelly if/when he leaves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : 1 Seguin's skill set is better on the wing. 2 Krejci led the playoffs in scoring on the way to the cup. 3 If you use point per ice time as a measure Krejci is a number one center 4 Coaching is more of a problem than Krejci is. 5 I don't care if a player is consistent as long as he plays well in big games.
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    I agree that Seguin's skill-set works well on the wing. Regarding DK being a #1, I agree without looking at points per minute. The same people that like to say Lucic and DK aren't "#1's" couldn't name 30 centers and LW's they'd take ahead of them.  People forget that it takes 90 guys to fill out the league's "1st lines".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE] Trade Krecji to Toronto for their first and 2nd round picks (5th and 35th) !
    Posted by BobbyOrrAlumni[/QUOTE]

Perhaps TO could throw in Komisarek too? Surprised

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Perhaps TO could throw in Komisarek too?
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

As a speed bag to get Lucic's ire up - it could help his play ... Lucic's, that is.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Krejci doesn't have a good enough shot to play on the wing. His best play is done from the middle on the rush when he slows down once inside the blue line and looks for a seam.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : As a speed bag to get Lucic's ire up - it could help his play ... Lucic's, that is.
    Posted by huscroft28[/QUOTE]

Maybe Komisarek's too if Lucic threatens him with a beating every time Mikey-boy gives the puck away.

Sections
Shortcuts