Kreji possibilities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Kreji possibilities

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities:
    In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : 1 Seguin's skill set is better on the wing. 2 Krejci led the playoffs in scoring on the way to the cup. 3 If you use point per ice time as a measure Krejci is a number one center 4 Coaching is more of a problem than Krejci is. 5 I don't care if a player is consistent as long as he plays well in big games.
    Posted by Orrthebest

1.  Phenominal passing is better on the wing?

2.  I don't care what Krejci did two playoffs ago.

3.  I don't use "point per ice time" to measure.  I use my eyeballs.

4.  Outside of the excessive play of the goon and the stand in one spot powerplay, I have issue with coaching.

5.  Consistency is very important.  Hey, maybe you're right.  If the B's had made it to the second round, maybe Krejci would have lit it up.  Too bad we'll never know because in the first round, he stunk it up.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : 1.  Phenominal passing is better on the wing? 2.  I don't care what Krejci did two playoffs ago. 3.  I don't use "point per ice time" to measure.  I use my eyeballs. 4.  Outside of the excessive play of the goon and the stand in one spot powerplay, I have issue with coaching. 5.  Consistency is very important.  Hey, maybe you're right.  If the B's had made it to the second round, maybe Krejci would have lit it up.  Too bad we'll never know because in the first round, he stunk it up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Yes lets blame Krejci for the loss even after Lucic and Marchand both admitted to the media they were having difficulties getting up for the games.  The Bruins won the cup as a team and lost this year as a team.  For my eyes the big difference was at the goalie position, Holtby did not allow any soft goals Thomas did.

Did Krejci have a poor season?  Sure he did but you do not trade players because of one bad season.  That's called poor asset management.  Plus every scout or Bruins player I ever heard (or read) has talked about what a highly competitive player he is.  I expect him to have the best year of his short career next year.  Plus he is only 25 and most forwards peek in their late 20ies.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

But seriously...Krejci has been developed into a pretty good player that other GMs would take a close look at if he was put on the market. Would it hurt if management went through the exercise of finding out what one of their assets is really worth on the open market?  Who knows, we may be pleasantly surprised to find out that a GM or two will make us an offer we can't refuse !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : 1.  Phenominal passing is better on the wing? 2.  I don't care what Krejci did two playoffs ago. 3.  I don't use "point per ice time" to measure.  I use my eyeballs. 4.  Outside of the excessive play of the goon and the stand in one spot powerplay, I have issue with coaching. 5.  Consistency is very important.  Hey, maybe you're right.  If the B's had made it to the second round, maybe Krejci would have lit it up.  Too bad we'll never know because in the first round, he stunk it up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Claude Giroux plays RW and it hasn't hurt his phenomenal passing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Krejci doesn't have a good enough shot to play on the wing. His best play is done from the middle on the rush when he slows down once inside the blue line and looks for a seam.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing

Actually, I think this perception is part of the "problem" with Krejci in the same way emphasizing Joe Thornton's ability to set up on the half wall and find shooters for one timers was. This is one among many things Krejci does to have success, and if he focuses on it to the exclusion of other factors, he becomes less and less effective.  Krejci has a good, accurate shot that he needs to use more from the top of the circles and in.  Not many players have a bomb that can score from the periphery, and that "great shot" criteria is less important than it once was.

As much as we look at Krejci as having had a down year, he still tied last year's point totals and set a career high in goals.  If I'm thinking about how a lot of those goals were scored, they were opportunistic plays down low or quick release plays off of the cycle - usually on passes from Lucic.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Claude Giroux has wheels.  Krejci is comparably slow.  I do think he could play on wing in absence of a Horton.  It is better to check out the trade market and move Seguin to center. Reality:  Krejci will be back at center and occasional wing when Seguin is needed at center.  PC will let the developmental system work and be mindful of cap space.  Personally the Bs are in a tough position;  one don't squander the chance to make a move to gain a Cup chance, look at trade possibilities ala Krejci.  Two, let the system develop as the promised when PC arrived, like Detriot and to a lesser degree Buffalo. I tend to think the first. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Claude Giroux plays RW and it hasn't hurt his phenomenal passing.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I think his point is more that the conventional wisdom (i.e. "skills being more suited" to one position or the other) is to put great passers at centre where they can dish to either side, not that wings can't be great passers or play a fluid system that gives them almost as many options as a C.  St. Louis would be another guy who has been a better passer on the wing than his sniper C.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : [...] 2.  I don't care what Krejci did two playoffs ago. 3.  I don't use "point per ice time" to measure.  I use my eyeballs. [...] 5.  Consistency is very important.  Hey, maybe you're right.  If the B's had made it to the second round, maybe Krejci would have lit it up.  Too bad we'll never know because in the first round, he stunk it up.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I edited out #1 because I'm undecided about Seguin as the #1C at this juncture, and that was the original point.  I edited out #4 because I don't need to talk about coaching.

#2 - Agreed. What has he done for us lately?  But I'll add this - he wasn't a one-year wonder.  He was dominating the Flyers two years ago before he was injured, he had 8 points in 11 games the year before that, and he had 5 points in the 7 game series vs. Montreal that announced the Bruins had really turned a corner.  His points/game is higher in the playoffs.  Prior to this year, he was scoring at a 0.86 p/g pace in the playoffs vs. 0.72 in the regular season.  This year brought his playoff pace down to 0.7966.  Wait to rip this for #3.

#3 - This is fair enough, but tell me your eyeballs didn't see a special player against the Flyers in the last two playoffs, or a constant threat vs. the Lightning last year.  I had a look at his game logs earlier because I thought it would confirm that he had a down year.  It did to a degree - especially his inflated numbers against the Leafs - but it also showed that he was consistently good for more games than he was consistently invisible.  It was about 60-40 in favour of games where he performed like a 100pt. scorer.  Granted, he had games where he looked meh and still had points, but I remember more than one game where he was creative and active, but he walked away with nothing.  You started a thread about Lucic not burying pillowy feeds after/during one of them.  Maybe the impression left by his invisible games is simply stronger than the impression from good games because more is expected of a #1C?

Which brings us to #5.  "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines" and Billy Beane and the sabremetrics geeks who drank the moneyball kool-aid.  Consistency is important but you have to be specific about what you mean by it.  It's consistency of threat (for a scoring forward) rather than consistency of results.  I don't know if you're better off with a guy who chugs along scoring one point in 3 of every 4 games than with a guy who drops a three point night in every fourth game.  I think consistency of threat means the gaps between hot, average, and cold are smaller, and hopefully the hot streaks are longer than the cold streaks so that the overall average performance is elevated.  That's where I think your eyes, like mine, would jibe with DK's game log.  The cold streaks were long, dead spells.  When he was good, he went long stretches with points in almost every game.  When he was down, he was goose eggs for 5-6-7 games at a time.  Once a year, well, that sh-- happens.  Three or four times?  Not acceptable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I'm for putting my best player and only elite offensive talent in his natural position to exploit his immense talent and help the team win the Cup.  

Sections
Shortcuts