Kreji possibilities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Re: Kreji possibilities

In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities:
    [QUOTE]I still have yet to see a rational argument for trading Krecji. If it is because he had a weak playoff round against the Caps then most of the team would have to go with him because few B's overachieved. Still waiting......
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Because we have too many other players on the team who can fill the 3rd line center position who are a much better value. 
    1st...Seguin  ($.9M)
    2nd...bergern ($4.5M)
    3rd...??? (Krejci $5.25M)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

DK will be back with a vengence next year especially if Horton returns to form. I think that DK is one of the guys that C.J. and Cam were referencing when they said that"some players were not mentally prepared" for the long season and short turnaround followed by the playoffs again. This year no one stood out (for good reasons) in the playoffs.I think that if they have all had a good taste of losing and hate it . . .they will be back.  Now that the B's won't repeat it's time for someone else to wear the bullseye all season as the team to beat. I know that people tend to fall in love with players too much but I'm not ready to give up on Kreijci just yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]DK will be back with a vengence next year especially if Horton returns to form. I think that DK is one of the guys that C.J. and Cam were referencing when they said that"some players were not mentally prepared" for the long season and short turnaround followed by the playoffs again. This year no one stood out (for good reasons) in the playoffs.I think that if they have all had a good taste of losing and hate it . . .they will be back.  Now that the B's won't repeat it's time for someone else to wear the bullseye all season as the team to beat. I know that people tend to fall in love with players too much but I'm not ready to give up on Kreijci just yet.
    Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many million dollars it takes to motivate hockey players to be "mentally prepared"?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

There's really no correlation between the salary you give someone and their ability to be mentally prepared.  I've always hated that whole idea - "well, we're paying player Y $XX million, so there's no excuse for him not being mentally prepared!"  If a guy puts up 70+ points without ever being "mentally prepared" for the grind, you still end up paying for production, not for...I don't even know what to call it...lost points costs?  A guy who has never been good at consistent preparation won't suddenly become good at it because you're paying him more money, and a guy who doesn't adapt his preparation very easily when the circumstances change (like a crazy long season with a very short break followed by year with a target on your back...) isn't going to adapt better because his wallet's fatter.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

[QUOTE]DK will be back with a vengence next year especially if Horton returns to form. I think that DK is one of the guys that C.J. and Cam were referencing when they said that"some players were not mentally prepared" for the long season and short turnaround followed by the playoffs again. This year no one stood out (for good reasons) in the playoffs.I think that if they have all had a good taste of losing and hate it . . .they will be back.  Now that the B's won't repeat it's time for someone else to wear the bullseye all season as the team to beat. I know that people tend to fall in love with players too much but I'm not ready to give up on Kreijci just yet.
    Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]

If this is true, wouldn't DK have benefited from shutting it down once eliminated by the Caps?  Instead, he is playing for the Czechs in the IIHF World Championship? Looks like his slump has continued there, scoreless in his first 2 games and posting a -1. Old "friend" Petr Tenkrat has a goal for the Czech's though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good comments all, which is what this forum needs more frequently. Let's keep it rolling and discuss other pertinent and interesting subjects.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : I wonder how many million dollars it takes to motivate hockey players to be "mentally prepared"?
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

The Cup hangover is quite real.

You wouldn't know anything about it.

The team you follow has never been good enough to win it all.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : I wonder how many million dollars it takes to motivate hockey players to be "mentally prepared"?

Money has absolutely nothing to with it.  It's a personality thing.  Some players bring it night in and night out regardless of the situation, some are a little more inconsistent in focus, drive and intensity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]

book nailed it with his comments regarding the "mental preparedness".  crowls put some perspective into things with his comments.  i expect there are several bruins who could have played in the worlds, however, only Chara and DK chose to.  That speaks volumes about their commitment and love of the game.
    I always liked Cam as a player, but his comments are usually pretty generic and unsubstantial.  He's a great guy to incite the natives, but I'm not sure the water runs too deep.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : book nailed it with his comments regarding the "mental preparedness".  crowls put some perspective into things with his comments.  i expect there are several bruins who could have played in the worlds, however, only Chara and DK chose to.  That speaks volumes about their commitment and love of the game. I always liked Cam as a player, but his comments are usually pretty generic and unsubstantial.  He's a great guy to incite the natives, but I'm not sure the water runs too deep.
    Posted by stevegm[/QUOTE]

When you go on vacation, do you go to another company and work for free?

They're tired.  It's okay to avoid playing in a tournament that really doesn't matter to take a rest.  It has nothing to do with loving the game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : book nailed it with his comments regarding the "mental preparedness".  crowls put some perspective into things with his comments.  i expect there are several bruins who could have played in the worlds, however, only Chara and DK chose to.  That speaks volumes about their commitment and love of the game. I always liked Cam as a player, but his comments are usually pretty generic and unsubstantial.  He's a great guy to incite the natives, but I'm not sure the water runs too deep.
    North American hockey players, grow up, dreaming of winning the Stanley Cup. Europeans dream of winning the World Championship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriotpat99. Show patriotpat99's posts

chara looked like he was pretty happy to win the cup last year...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I was thinking about posting but Kirk said it better: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=49328675&postcount=268

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking about posting but Kirk said it better: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=49328675&postcount=268
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]

He takes it personally.  He's going to try harder this summer to improve.  He's going to come back with whole new attitude.

Also known as, "Wishful thinking".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : When you go on vacation, do you go to another company and work for free? They're tired.  It's okay to avoid playing in a tournament that really doesn't matter to take a rest.  It has nothing to do with loving the game.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

sure it does nas.  Julian, everyone talks about playing almost 2 years of hockey in about a year.  Absolutely they're tired.  All of them.
    Nothing against the other guys at all.  Sure they deserve a break.  But many here seem to be questioning DK's mettle, and I don't think someone who doesn't love the game will sign up for a tournament after all these guys went through...especially "for free".

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't care much about the World Championships, but I totally agree with this comment about Neely.  It seems to me that he talks a lot and says mostly the right things, but it is just talk, while it is clear that this team was built by Chiarelli.  Chiarelli stays quiet and doesn't go to the press like Neely, but as I have said before, I am convinced that he is the brains of the operation.

Everybody loves Neely from his play, conduct, and fist-pumping in the press box, but we have very little indication of his actual role or his skills as an executive.  Neely sounds like a lot of us here with the rah-rah comments about the powerplay or whatever, but it isn't such an astute observation to point out to the media that the powerplay stinks and had better improve.  Forget the talk, what's the action?  Is Ward being replaced?  Are they bringing someone else in?  Changing the PP lineup?

Maybe that's Chiarelli's job.  Seem to me that Neely is about being the 'no-nonsense' voice of the team and Chiarelli is the one tasked with actually fixing things and figuring it all out.  Which is more important?  I love Neely, but my faith is in Chiarelli.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : I don't care much about the World Championships, but I totally agree with this comment about Neely.  It seems to me that he talks a lot and says mostly the right things, but it is just talk, while it is clear that this team was built by Chiarelli.  Chiarelli stays quiet and doesn't go to the press like Neely, but as I have said before, I am convinced that he is the brains of the operation. Everybody loves Neely from his play, conduct, and fist-pumping in the press box, but we have very little indication of his actual role or his skills as an executive.  Neely sounds like a lot of us here with the rah-rah comments about the powerplay or whatever, but it isn't such an astute observation to point out to the media that the powerplay stinks and had better improve.  Forget the talk, what's the action?  Is Ward being replaced?  Are they bringing someone else in?  Changing the PP lineup? Maybe that's Chiarelli's job.  Seem to me that Neely is about being the 'no-nonsense' voice of the team and Chiarelli is the one tasked with actually fixing things and figuring it all out.  Which is more important?  I love Neely, but my faith is in Chiarelli.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Why does the GM get the credit but the team President get pushed aside?  Who's to say that the GM does it all, but the skills and decision making of the President are questioned?

Neely was a businessman long before coming to work for the Bruins.

Why is Neely called to the mat for the powerplay when Chiarelli is not?  Can't Chiarelli fired Ward?  If not, does that make it Neely's decision?  If so, why can't Neely get any credit for the rest of the success of the team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Why does the GM get the credit but the team President get pushed aside?  Who's to say that the GM does it all, but the skills and decision making of the President are questioned? Neely was a businessman long before coming to work for the Bruins. Why is Neely called to the mat for the powerplay when Chiarelli is not?  Can't Chiarelli fired Ward?  If not, does that make it Neely's decision?  If so, why can't Neely get any credit for the rest of the success of the team?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I can't really answer all of these questions, because my post is one of opinion, not fact.  I don't know.  I'm no insider. 

My impression is that Neely is a good public face of the organization and he is certainly a popular one, but I don't actually know what he does or if he is all that sharp at running the true hockey operations.  It is not my impression that Neely has "been called to the mat" for anything, just credited with many of the same critiques about the team that you see here daily.  In many ways I am asking the opposite of the questions you've posted since Neely seems to get so much credit already.

Like, why does Neely get credit instead of Chiarelli sometimes?  Why is he painted as the one who has noticed the powerplay problems?  Why does Neely publicly complain about things that Chiarelli appears to privately address (or try to)?  How valuable is his "buck-stops-here" mentality? etc?

I think Neely got tons of credit for the championship (don't you?).  Plenty of that was probably deserved, but the championship was won largely on the backs of players that Chiarelli assembled and the team remains in an excellent spot (talent-wise, cap-wise) largely because of Chiarelli's smart planning, IMO.

If I had to pick one to run the team, I'd pick Chiarelli.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]I was thinking about posting but Kirk said it better: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showpost.php?p=49328675&postcount=268
    Posted by Orrthebest[/QUOTE]
    Your Kirk is full of krap.
    He has no idea what Krejci was thinking when the Bruins were eliminated, or his training plans, this summer.
    As far as him needing to score 200 points to make some of us happy, I just want him to score more points than, Blake Wheeler!
    Is that asking too much?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Has Neely ever been an Assistant GM? A Director of Player Personnel? A Head Scout? An Assistant Coach? A Scout?

What credentials does Neely have to be the President of the Bruins?  What decisions has he made that have been critical to the Bruins success?

I'm not asking this to get a rise out of anyone. I'm simply asking because I don't know the answers.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

You know what? I'm not worried about David Krejci.

And if any of you are worried about him, then let me tell you something - you don't have any worries, they are all imagined.

This guy led the 2011 Stanley Cup playoffs in scoring and won the Cup not even 11 months ago. He'll do it again.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]Has Neely ever been an Assistant GM? A Director of Player Personnel? A Head Scout? An Assistant Coach? A Scout? What credentials does Neely have to be the President of the Bruins?  What decisions has he made that have been critical to the Bruins success? I'm not asking this to get a rise out of anyone. I'm simply asking because I don't know the answers.

49, I have an easy answer to that one:

Cam Neely is the President because he is Cam Neely. That says it all!
    If he works the same way as he played, there is no-one who can do better.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Has Neely ever been an Assistant GM? A Director of Player Personnel? A Head Scout? An Assistant Coach? A Scout? What credentials does Neely have to be the President of the Bruins?  What decisions has he made that have been critical to the Bruins success? I'm not asking this to get a rise out of anyone. I'm simply asking because I don't know the answers.
    http://bruins.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=39037

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Presidents don't generally make hockey decisions; they make business decisions including hiring the right people to put together a good hockey team.  They comment on the makeup of the roster the way your boss comments on your performance.  I think Neely is charged with making the connection between the Bruins and the city of Boston, and then with Bruindom as a whole.  He has a long history of running organizations in the community, so he knows how to work the public and get a message out.  Sure, he's also a figurehead in the sense that no Bruin fan disliked Neely.  I've met avid Bruin fans who weren't crazy about Park and Ratelle, Bucyk, Middleton, even Esposito - but not Neely.  He's in the Orr/Bourque stratosphere.  But his role in managing the team is quite likely misunderstood.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kreji possibilities : Your Kirk is full of krap. He has no idea what Krejci was thinking when the Bruins were eliminated, or his training plans, this summer. As far as him needing to score 200 points to make some of us happy, I just want him to score more points than, Blake Wheeler! Is that asking too much?
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Do you realise who that is?  Here is what he does: http://hockeyjournal.com/blog/kirks/2011-12_Boston_Bruins_prospects_roundup