Kris Kreider

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Kris Kreider

The B's should take a serious play for this guy. Beanpot hero and unfortunately Rangers property. I'd give up Caron and Spooner for this guy in a New York minute. Pun intended. Speed to burn, good size, I think he'd look real good with Segs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Re: Kris Kreider

Kreider does have size, speed and a scoring touch. However, he is not a sniper like Spooner appears to be, and Caron measures up very well in the size and skating aspects.  I'm not sure Torts would want him traded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

I think Kreider is a much better skater than Caron.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

I dont think there is any chance that Caron and Spooner would fetch Kreider. Maybe if we throw in Hamill.....ya right!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Tortarella and Sather will not let Kreider go even for Hamilton because he will start in the NHL. Kid is going to be a stud. Exactly what Torts or any other coach would want big, tough, not afraid of contact or going into the corners and real good hands.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Chiarelli was interested in him, just that the Rags picked him up before.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good player with great speed, but I would slow down on the Spooner and Caron talk.

A lot of people thought Krieder was so good when he was drafted that he would be pro ready after one year of college.  Then he had a kind of ho-hum first two years at BC (23 and 24 points a season).  Now he's a junior and he's finally leading the team in points and looking more dominant.  He is also a year older than Spooner and probably shouldn't be ranked much higher as a prospect.  

If anything, his college career has been a rather slow trajectory towards the NHL for a guy that was draft 19th overall three years ago (6 spots ahead of Jordan Caron).  A good number of guys drafted after him are playing in the big show while he beats up on lesser players in college.

I agree he looks good and I'd love to have him in the system, but let's not get carried away.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Yeah, I think it's hard to judge how good any of these players will be.  They are all good prospects, but I don't know that either side would want to make this move. Kreider comes as the most highly touted, but Spooner looks to be a real solid 2nd round pick. You don't see too many prospect for prospect deals like this because it's hard to judge and easy to get burned. If they were all playing in the AHL it would be easier to evaluate.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

i'm with you on this one Fletch. I would hope that those whe think Kreider is a better skater than Caron watch more closely, and notice how Caron skates with any of those opposing players on the ice, and is always hustling back to help his defense.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Rangers are really high on him, as they should be. Can't see him being dealt. Every time I see Steven Whitney play I like him more and more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Caron's not a terrible skater, but he never gets separation to get a great shot on goal like a Marchand, Seguin, or even Paille do, or Kreider presumably would at this level. I think that's why he has such trouble scoring goals in the NHL. I don't remember him ever having a breakaway.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In Response to Kris Kreider:
    [QUOTE]The B's should take a serious play for this guy. Beanpot hero and unfortunately Rangers property. I'd give up Caron and Spooner for this guy in a New York minute. Pun intended. Speed to burn, good size, I think he'd look real good with Segs.
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Are the rangers going to package him for NASH?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

Bogie - I think Caron is a good skater.  But I really don't think he's as good a skater as Kreider.  Kreider is explosive and has great speed.  I like Caron but don't think that their skating styles are really that close.  I've been following Kreider since he was a freshman in high school (he's from the town next to mine) so I've seen him dozens of times.  Obviously I haven't followed Caron as long but his skating never jumped out at me with him.  But I do know what you mean about backchecking - he does hustle.  I do like him and hope he stays with the B's.

Oh.....by the way it's Chris not Kris.

One of my favorite highlights:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHOFyATBRww

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Kris Kreider:
    [QUOTE]Bogie - I think Caron is a good skater.  But I really don't think he's as good a skater as Kreider.  Kreider is explosive and has great speed.  I like Caron but don't think that their skating styles are really that close.  I've been following Kreider since he was a freshman in high school (he's from the town next to mine) so I've seen him dozens of times.  Obviously I haven't followed Caron as long but his skating never jumped out at me with him.  But I do know what you mean about backchecking - he does hustle.  I do like him and hope he stays with the B's. Oh.....by the way it's Chris not Kris. One of my favorite highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHOFyATBRww
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Kreider's got acceleration that reminds me of Pavel Bure. He's going fast and then faster in the blink of an eye.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kris Kreider : Kreider's got acceleration that reminds me of Pavel Bure. He's going fast and then faster in the blink of an eye.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't go that far, Dez, but I do know what you mean.  Here's a good example even if it's a horrible video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXb81YtSmi4&feature=related

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kris Kreider : I wouldn't go that far, Dez, but I do know what you mean.  Here's a good example even if it's a horrible video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXb81YtSmi4&feature=related
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Jalvis, I'm not at all saying he'll be in Bure's league as a player. Do you know who else reminded me of Bure when he skated? Jeff Lazaro.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Yes Jalvis, I don't think Caron's capable of something like that video demo of Kreider, and that's my point. However players like Knuble and Glen Murray found good and even great careers in the NHL with legs not much faster than Caron's, so Caron could succeed as a 2nd/3rd liner if he learns to take up a spot in an area where garbage goals are scored. I just think Kreider is built for the way the Bruins are directing themselves, with an accent toward speed. It was the difference between them winning and losing in the playoffs last year (that and an inhuman display of goaltending by TIMMAY).

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Kris Kreider:[QUOTE] I agree he looks good and I'd love to have him in the system, but let's not get carried away. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

I'm biased on this assessment and I hate Sather for having him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kris Kreider : I wouldn't go that far, Dez, but I do know what you mean.  Here's a good example even if it's a horrible video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXb81YtSmi4&feature=related
    Posted by jalvis[/QUOTE]
    Here's some unrelated video that brought back good memories.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hP93yv14yyA

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

[QUOTE]Yes Jalvis, I don't think Caron's capable of something like that video demo of Kreider, and that's my point. However players like Knuble and Glen Murray found good and even great careers in the NHL with legs not much faster than Caron's, so Caron could succeed as a 2nd/3rd liner if he learns to take up a spot in an area where garbage goals are scored. I just think Kreider is built for the way the Bruins are directing themselves, with an accent toward speed. It was the difference between them winning and losing in the playoffs last year (that and an inhuman display of goaltending by TIMMAY).
    Posted by OrrEspoCash[/QUOTE]

Yes.....I've heard the Knuble comparison to Caron and I would love to see him turn into a player like that.  Every team needs different types of players.  And like I said, I like Caron.  Speed isn't everything.  Like Dez said.....Jeff Lazaro anyone?  LOL!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

thanks Jalvis and all of you. That's one of the best discussions we've had. I guess I expected more of Kreider in his USA game, but ,in hindsite, they probably overworked him.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lordy4. Show lordy4's posts

The New York Daily News reported today that the Rangers were interested in Rick Nash & that the Blue Jackets would want Kreider as part of any deal.

The only way I see the Bruins getting Kreider is if returns to BC for his senior year & then doesn't sign with the Rangers in the allotted time period after his season ends, ala Blake Wheeler.