LA vs. Pheonix

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

LA vs. Pheonix

Not sure if any of you caught any of their regular season games, but they were pretty good.

Unless the Flyers make a comeback the ECF will probably be all out defensive, but LA vs. Pheonix could be a pretty good one.

Like both teams, happy with the West this year - no Canucks or Wings... nice.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: LA vs. Pheonix

Kings in six

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In Response to Re: LA vs. Pheonix:
    Kings in six
    Posted by kelvana33

Agreed. I can't see them beating the Kings, but who knows... playoffs have been wacky this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Just like you guys, I'm dissapointed my team isn't in it.  You're happy not to see the Canucks, I'm happy not to see the Bruins.

The Kings/Yotes series should be a nasty one.  Anytime you get two division rivals meeting for a berth in the Final, it's gonna be mean & dirty.

I'll also pick the Kings in 6.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Just like you guys, I'm dissapointed my team isn't in it.  You're happy not to see the Canucks, I'm happy not to see the Bruins. The Kings/Yotes series should be a nasty one.  Anytime you get two division rivals meeting for a berth in the Final, it's gonna be mean & dirty. I'll also pick the Kings in 6.
    Posted by 49-North

Why are you here?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I will say kings in five. They did, after all, just sweep STL who plays the same kind of game as Phoenix but are a better. I wonder if the sale price of the Yotes is on condition of how far they go in the playoffs. That would be interesting.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Yotes had the better of the Kings in the regular season. I want 'yotes in 7.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This has been nutty nuts so why are we even bothering with predictions anymore?
    Going by the track record this post-season this series will likely have a completely unexpected result, like the Coyotes in four, or something loopy like that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

This has been nutty nuts so why are we even bothering with predictions anymore? Going by the track record this post-season this series will likely have a completely unexpected result, like the Coyotes in four, or something loopy like that.
    Posted by red75

you aint kiddin'. my picks were great through the first round (6 of 8). not that that means anything, but it reminds me of something i  say to my wrestlers. i think it applies to all sports.... the best team doesn't win, the team that's playing the best when it counts wins. never more true than this year, 7 and 8 seeds still alive. love the drama and unpredictability of sports. fun stuff

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: LA vs. Pheonix :  you aint kiddin'. my picks were great through the first round (6 of 8). not that that means anything, but it reminds me of something i  say to my wrestlers. i think it applies to all sports.... the best team doesn't win, the team that's playing the best when it counts wins. never more true than this year, 7 and 8 seeds still alive. love the drama and unpredictability of sports. fun stuff
    Posted by adkbeesfan

I was 6 of 8 too ADK but I'm only 50-50 so far in round 2.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: LA vs. Pheonix :  you aint kiddin'. my picks were great through the first round (6 of 8). not that that means anything, but it reminds me of something i  say to my wrestlers. i think it applies to all sports.... the best team doesn't win, the team that's playing the best when it counts wins. never more true than this year, 7 and 8 seeds still alive. love the drama and unpredictability of sports. fun stuff
    Posted by adkbeesfan

Yeah, I'm the opposite - I did horribly in the first round (2 for 8) but now if the Devils win tonight I'll be 3 for 3 so far in the second, and the only reason that's the case is that I picked the underdog in every series as it was the only way I'd have a hope of getting back into it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Yotes had the better of the Kings in the regular season. I want 'yotes in 7.
    Posted by lambda13

These aren't the same Kings as they were in the reg season. They remind me of the Bruins of last year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: LA vs. Pheonix : These aren't the same Kings as they were in the reg season. They remind me of the Bruins of last year.
    Posted by Bisson1

The Kings have come a long way since the days of Butch Goring and Juha Widing, i say Kings in 6.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I hope the Kings blow the Coyotes out of the southwest and into a place where hockey belongs.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Since the league still owns the Coyotes, party at Bettman's house if they win the cup.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yotes had the better of the Kings in the regular season. I want 'yotes in 7. Posted by lambda13

Heated, heated games lamba this series is going to be elbows high. Going opposite of whom I think will win Yotes in 7 as I got smoked on the predictions thread.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In Response to Re: LA vs. Pheonix : These aren't the same Kings as they were in the reg season. They remind me of the Bruins of last year.
    Posted by Bisson1

I was thinking the same thing the other day, they are clearly peaking at the right time. I say LA in 6.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Smith has been unreal. He shut down the Hawks and the Preds. He is putting together a Conn Smythe performance.

I also really like Whitney, Vrbata, Doan, Eckman-Larson, and Yandle.

Eckman-Larson has a bright future... Anyway we can snag him? or any of the above for that matter haha.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

The Kings are going to win the Cup this year--- amazing for a team that looked lost for a long stretch around the 30 game mark--- nice Job by Lombardi and Sutter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

The Kings are going to win the Cup this year--- amazing for a team that looked lost for a long stretch around the 30 game mark--- nice Job by Lombardi and Sutter.
    Posted by Yaso#7

Strange how often this can happen. Remember the Pens roller coaster regular season when they won the Cup? It's all about playing your best hockey in May and June. The earlier months only matter if you don't make the playoffs.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Despite Quick pulling a Dan Clouthier, the  Kings kept their composure and methodically kept the pressure on the Yotes.

Brown is a man on a mission.  That guy keeps scoring big goals.

Phoenix was outplayed, but that Morris goal kept them in it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I can't get over Mike Smith. He's the heir to Marty Turco's throne, fails miserably, gets shipped to Tampa, fails miserably, gets buried on the bench but looks OK in some relief spots vs the B's in the playoffs, and looks like a bargain basement replacement for Bryzgalov in Phoenix.

So then what?  He's f-ing Ken Dryden over there, giving Phoenix the goaltending they never had while Bryz was giving up goals from all over the rink vs Detroit for 2 years, and Tampa was begging for goaltending all year. Probably kept them out of the playoffs.

Goaltending is simply impossible to draft and harder to predict.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Bryz gave up bad goals for Philly in this year's playoffs in the exact same way he was giving them up to Detroit in the last 2.  When philly signed him for that crazy money to improve their playoff goaltending, I truly thought that was the stupidest contract for a goalie since 15 years on Dipietro.  I havent changed my opinion.

Ive coached and even scouted goalies for years, and I think its incredibly hard.  And when I hear some guys who just flat out stunk someplace or places and they suddenly do well somewhere and start spouting off on the teams that "gave up on him" or whatever... well, dont stink and teams might keep you!

LA was positively relentless. They were all over Pho although I give them credit for hanging around and not going away.  Thats just a surprising team.

I was just thrilled to sit and watch an actual hockey game with forechecking, partial breakaways, offensive plays... and goals!  Not like the Washington suckfest of 14 dullaramas.

It reminded me of some of the skill plays in last year's Finals like Burrows OT winner or Marchands shortie... speed, skill... its illegal this year.

Hopefully Quick shakes off the softies. Go Kings.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: LA vs. Pheonix : Funny thing, ain't it?  I agree.   So much has to do with the D-system playing in front of him.  Bryz is likely better than his ugly playoffs showed, but it seems like every goalie in Philly screws up.  It's Laviolette's wide open style that hangs his netminders out to dry. I know it's Game 1, but LA just had the Yotes spinning dizzy all game.  Quick let in a couple of softies.  It could easily have been a 5-0 game.  BUT, it's one game....so let's see,,,
    Posted by ipot

The Philly goalie situation is a puzzler.  Remember in 2010, Boucher & Leighton took them to within 2 games of winning it all. Then, poof, it's back to square one again.

With the Kings-Yotes, this is the first game that either of these teams have played where I thought the goalies (for both teams) looked less-than-stellar.  The Yotes simply had no answer for the depth of the Kings' attack.  It came from every line, and guys like Kopitar looked more focused than I've seen him in years. 

Sections
Shortcuts