lack of 2nd scoring line problem for bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

lack of 2nd scoring line problem for bruins

Why is Ryder on the 2nd line? Why was Wheeler and Caron once on the 2nd line?

CJ needs to take a risk and instead of trying to balance the lines out , try to group guys with similiar talent levels together.

The 1st and 4th lines are set for the year. They are good effective lines (lucic Krejci horton and thornton campbell marchand)

2nd should be 

Bergeron Savard Seguin 

3rd should be 

Ryder Wheeler Recchi

how incredibly frustrating would be for the opposing team to have to face the Krejci line and then the Savard line? 

The past few games again we are in a scoring rut. It is so inconsistent i don't know what to expect 1 game to another. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Re: lack of 2nd scoring line problem for bruins

I know rechhi to some of you is a workhorse but seriously its time to let go of him.
    Lucic Krejci Horton
    Wheeler Bergeron Ryder
    Caron Savard Marchand
    Thornton Campbell  ???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

I like to keep Recchi. But he does definitely belong in the third line while getting chances to play on the special teams. Bergeron on the other hand should not be playing on the third line. He is getting paid good dollars to produce and should at least play on the 2nd line. 

I rather have him also play wing than have savard play wing. 

Honestly Seguin Savard Bergeron  on the 2nd line with third line being Recchi Wheeler and Ryder would improve this team.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Boston has 4 solid lines , probably the best since the early 70's !

The problem is NOT THE FORWARDS !  Our D-men can't quarterback any offence.  That's a real problem for CC .  He must find a solid offensive minded D-man without changing the chemistry of the team.

Shea Weber would increase the Bruin's output by 1 goal a game.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The best way to change the problem is to get rid of the cause. Trade Wheeler; bring up Arneil; Trade Ryder to St.Louis for one of their young defensemen; Move Recchi to the 4th line and sit Thornton. Thornton is OK on energy, but Recchi is smarter and with less ice time would be better on The PP. Add to the change by bringing back Caron, and just maybe bring up Sauve who is back in the Providence lineup. Kreji's line stays; Campbell's line picks up Recchi; Savard keeps Seguin and adds Arneil; Bergeron gets Caron and Sauve. I know it's a lot of rookies, but Caron with Bergie is good; Arneil did not look out of place in his one game up and is still scoring in Providence[ 11 or 12 so far] and Sauve appears to be a pure sniper even though only 20. Do you think Claude would be stimulated???

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JezzaNuts. Show JezzaNuts's posts

If the B's don't play 2 good games against Buffalo & Montreal why not try the lines

like they might have been pre-season if everybody was healthy?

Lucic Savard Horton

Ryder Krejci Wheeler

Seguin Bergeron Recchi

Marchand Campbell Thornton

I'd also like to see Caron get some games on the third line playing in Recci's spot and Recci moving to the forth line or getting some rest for the playoffs

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Savard hasn't even been back that long. Putting Bergeron on the second line only makes your 3rd line weaker. I would be open to putting Wheeler on the 2nd line but your 3rd line is your shut down defensive line.

By putting Savard, Seguin and Ryder on one line, you make the lines specialized. I know everyone hates Ryder but he does have a better shot than Bergeron. Plus Ryder will be set up nicely by Savard and Seguin once they get some time together.

Patience is a virtue......not shared by many Bs fans.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Put Bergy on the 4th line cause he doesn't generate any offense. Trade him for (rental) Brad Richards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Yes i forgot seguin. theres the problem too many centers. Yes put seguin on the wing . Whoever said bergeron doesnt generate offense, watch closer. if they would get caron back on the line and power forward, then you will see.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Going on a limb here. Might catch some flack

I would absolutely trade one of
    Savard
    Bergeron
    Krejci
    Wheeler

To bring in a Hossa like Winger im not sure who is available with a similar skill set(im guessing not many players are). I think if you could put Horton on the 2nd line and replace him with an even better sniper on the first you would see this team explode. Worked for CHI right?

Lets say they move Bergeron and a Pick for Hossa

Lucic-Krejci-Hossa
    Recchi/Caron-Savard-Horton
    Ryder-Seguin-Wheeler
    Marchand-Campbel-Thornton

I think Horton would be much more dangerous if teams had someone like Hossa to worry about as well. TBH it doesnt seem to matter who they match up against lucic.

Obviously this is a hypothetica scenario and im not saying "trade bergeron for hossa" theres many thigns wrong with that proposal. Just trying to get my point about another 30+ goal scoring wing.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

I think this post is dead on. The lack of a second line is this team's biggest problem. We can rely on the Krejci line to be effective most nights and we're lucky for that. Beyond that, the other three lines are going to give effort but likely will grind it out and maybe will get a good bounce or an odd-man rush. Hopefully, as Savard gets back to speed, we see the emergence of a second line. I think that could put this team over the top.