Landeskog now #1

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Landeskog now #1

ej mcguire from central scouting was on nhl network this morning. he was saying any of the top 7 in the rankings could actually go 1st overall. looks like it's not going to be a tyler vs taylor yr.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

looks like its going to be another good draft year for the bruins ,would like to see PC keep the bruins 1st rnder as well this year,unless another steal comes his way 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to Landeskog now #1:
    In the latest CSB rankings,Landeskog has passed Coutourier and Nugent-Hopkins for top spot in the mid-season rankings.A personal favourite of mine(playing for my local Sea-Dogs)Jonathan Huberdeau has shot up the rankings to #4 overall after starting the season out of the top 15. I always plan to get out and see more Sea-Dogs games but my work schedule hasn't allowed it.Hopefully I can get you guys some updates from the Q throughout the 2nd half as Huberdeau is just one of a few 1st round possibilities in Saint John this year(Jurco and Beaulieu are the others).This draft may be deeper than we suspected.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Interesting having two of here on this board.  I'm in Quispamsis.    Won't make the Sea Dogs game tongiht though, have Ultimate Frisbee league starting tonight.

It would be fun for us if the Bruins land one of the Sea Dogs in the draft!   Huberdeau and Beaulieu look like they could be pretty good players down the road.  Huberdeau especially has impressed me with his hands this year.   Seen him score a few nifty tuck it in behind the goal line goals reminding me of Forsberg.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scott1773. Show Scott1773's posts

I'd love to see the Bruins keep THEIR first-rounder too, but the type of impact-player this team needs at the trade deadline might just require they use it. But use it well please PC!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

Scott1773 welcome aboard

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Landeskog now #1:
    In the latest CSB rankings,Landeskog has passed Coutourier and Nugent-Hopkins for top spot in the mid-season rankings.A personal favourite of mine(playing for my local Sea-Dogs)Jonathan Huberdeau has shot up the rankings to #4 overall after starting the season out of the top 15. I always plan to get out and see more Sea-Dogs games but my work schedule hasn't allowed it.Hopefully I can get you guys some updates from the Q throughout the 2nd half as Huberdeau is just one of a few 1st round possibilities in Saint John this year(Jurco and Beaulieu are the others).This draft may be deeper than we suspected.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Good gives the B's a better shoot at Larsson/Murphy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1:
    In Response to Landeskog now #1 : Good gives the B's a better shoot at Larsson/Murphy Posted by I-Like-Hockey

They both impressed me at this years WJC as well.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Adam Larsson. I was so impressed with him during the WJC, and that is what the B's need more than anything else. A strong, puck moving Dman.

Looking forward to him playing for the B's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Landeskog now #1 : Interesting having two of here on this board.  I'm in Quispamsis.    Won't make the Sea Dogs game tongiht though, have Ultimate Frisbee league starting tonight. It would be fun for us if the Bruins land one of the Sea Dogs in the draft!   Huberdeau and Beaulieu look like they could be pretty good players down the road.  Huberdeau especially has impressed me with his hands this year.   Seen him score a few nifty tuck it in behind the goal line goals reminding me of Forsberg.
    Posted by Homebrew76

I'm from Gondola Point but am on Duke St. now.Lots of Bruins fans in our town as you already know.Huberdeau has done nothing but impress this year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Adam Larsson. I was so impressed with him during the WJC, and that is what the B's need more than anything else. A strong, puck moving Dman.   Looking forward to him playing for the B's.
    Posted by perrysound

I think this is the kid the Bruins should target......however the way the Leafs are playing......and if they continue  this trend, we could easily fall out of the top 5 :(

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Bob McKenzie reports that Landeskog is a Mike Richards clone. Don't know if this is true, but assuming it is, this has me re-evaluating my preferences.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1 : I think this is the kid the Bruins should target......however the way the Leafs are playing......and if they continue  this trend, we could easily fall out of the top 5 :(
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Worst case scenario that I think could reasonably happen is that the leafs finish 9th worse overall, I just don't see how they could leap frog past St. Louis and that would be a huge accomplish just to get that far.  I think 4th or 5th pick is the most likely thing to happen.

There is parity in the league and anyone can beat anyone else in the regular season so I would expect the Leafs to be on a winning streak a few times during the season, but more likely than not they will finish where they have averaged until this point in the season so far, and that would be 4th worse.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1 : I think this is the kid the Bruins should target......however the way the Leafs are playing......and if they continue  this trend, we could easily fall out of the top 5 :(
    Posted by Beezfan4life

How well did the Laughs do after their last 4 game winning streak?? You can spray lysol on a pile of crap and it will stink less for a while but soon enough it stinks just as bad as before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1 : How well did the Laughs do after their last 4 game winning streak?? You can spray lysol on a pile of crap and it will stink less for a while but soon enough it stinks just as bad as before.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Great analogy ILH.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1 : How well did the Laughs do after their last 4 game winning streak?? You can spray lysol on a pile of crap and it will stink less for a while but soon enough it stinks just as bad as before.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

As much as I agree with you on that...the Leaf's have something in this Reimer kid..he looks real solid in net....and maybe has his teammates believing in him. We as Bruin fans should know what great goaltending can do.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

We as Bruin fans should know what great goaltending can do.
    Posted by Beezfan4life

We should also know what a rookie goaltender with 4 games experience can do.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1 : We should also know what a rookie goaltender with 4 games experience can do.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan

I guess we'll just have to wait and see...won't we?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Landeskog now #1 : I guess we'll just have to wait and see...won't we?
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Truly, I like the kid. I'm from the Toronto area and have a lot of friends who are leafs fans, too, and the kid has looked good. Way too early to tell, though.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Was doing some more reading on Landeskog and it seems to back up what Bob McKenzie was saying (Mike Richards-clone, can score big goals, will fight when it matters, natural leader, knows what it takes to win). I know reading stuff on the internet doesn't make me a scout, but this is now the player I'd want. I think he could drop to us at the 3-4 spot, if we get that lucky.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I love Larsson too, but it was my impression that he likely to go #1 overall.  the ranking with Landeskog as number one were just for North American skaters.  Larsson leads all Europeans in the Euro rankings.  After the WJC, I might be inclined to think that Larsson is the best pick for the B's.  Hopefully he lasts that long. 

This is all good news though.  All we need is for the Leafs to finish in the bottom 7 or so and we could have ourselves a prospect who is being considered for #1 overall. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Trade the pick along with Krejci for a bonafide winger

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Trade the pick along with Krejci for a bonafide winger
    Posted by kelvana33

Don't forget the winger has to make the same cash as Krejci because Boston has very little cap room.

Sections
Shortcuts