Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

I have laid off Cloode since winning the Cup but I will no longer be doing so.  His preference for garbage safe defensive Vets has to stop.  He needs to be putting the lineup with the most chance of winning on the ice not the lineup that will score the least goals.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NegativeTrollsAbound. Show NegativeTrollsAbound's posts

Re: Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

All people do is complain.

come playoffs would you rather have Jagr or Mcdermid?  EOS.

change of scenery goals happen all the time.  Look at Clowe.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Re: Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

When the season's over, MacDermid will have 1 goal and Pandolfo will have 0.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I keepsaying it..having Pandolfo in our line up makes the BRUINS look like a bunch of clowns...my co workers here in Montreal keep laughing at me and keep saying that if we have nothing better than Pandolfo in our system it shows how poor we are for the future ....

What can I say ...f I would be PC ..I swear as of today Pandolfo would be asigned to Providence ...and I would try different players for a few games ...just like they did in Montreal with Tinordi and Beaulieu ..dam it if Pandolfo is our future ..our future is not bright ...the guy has scored less goals than Brodeur in his last50 games

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH this has to be a JOKE

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

I have laid off Cloode since winning the Cup but I will no longer be doing so.  His preference for garbage safe defensive Vets has to stop.  He needs to be putting the lineup with the most chance of winning on the ice not the lineup that will score the least goals.

Yep there will always be a Pandolfo or a Whitfield that can have a job with Julien. Forget about the skilled draft picks awaiting a chance. The mucker, grinder lives in Claude's heart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

MacDermid scored a goal.  MacDermid's team lost 5-2. 

Pandolpho, that super-consistent veteran presence, put up a goose-egg again against Ottawa.  His team won 3-2.

Big picture, man.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

People seriously need to choose their battles.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

MacDermid scored a goal.  MacDermid's team lost 5-2. 

Pandolpho, that super-consistent veteran presence, put up a goose-egg again against Ottawa.  His team won 3-2.

Big picture, man.

Bravo.  I would have given him a few more games but i understand not wanting to break more lines up. N

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

there have been a lot more than just McDermid that Claude passed up. Tampa just signed one of them to a 4 year ectension; Versteeg went on to be a star for chicago, and a solid player for florida; Washington has a few; etc. etc. Claude's system helped win the cup, but change is raising it's ugly head as speed and agressive checking turn games around without Claude catching up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I've seen Pandolfo as a defensively responsible forward with limited/no offensive skills. Exactly what I would expect out of a guy we picked up off the scrap heap and exactly what I want out of a 3rd line that has been inept both offensively and defensively.

I'll take Pandolfo over MacDermid every day of the week and twice in the playoffs.

MacDermid scores a goal but is even on plus/minus.

One of my favorite Bs players was PJ Ax.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

bogie you're exaggerating. Poo-poo didn't do well in Mtl or Bos. Washington has a few? Hamill? Players will move from team to team. You going to say oh they should have kept Jumbo Joe?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

there have been a lot more than just McDermid that Claude passed up. Tampa just signed one of them to a 4 year ectension; Versteeg went on to be a star for chicago, and a solid player for florida; Washington has a few; etc. etc. Claude's system helped win the cup, but change is raising it's ugly head as speed and agressive checking turn games around without Claude catching up.

Best start in team history, we have had a few injuries but are within striking distance of the conference lead.   I Have loved what he has done for brad, hamilton, rask, and the list of young bruins on this roster.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Without having seen Jagr I hope the Bruins keep him at a reasonable price this summer. Not saying I want MacDermid back but i'm sick of these veteran types like Pandolfo and Whitfield that hang on for dear life on every shift.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

MacDermid played 6:40.  He's not even on the ice with a minute and a half left in the game if the Stars aren't getting spanked 4-1 at that point.  Before that meaningless goal, he was a -1 for the game.  So in under 6 minutes of ice time, he was on for a goal against.  The meaningless goal pulled him even.  In terms of the Bruins winning and losing games, moving him in for Pandolfo is probably shuffling deck chairs.  It would most likely have zero impact, but if it did have an impact, it's 50/50 that it would be positive rather than a goal against. 

Say what you want about Pandolfo - I ain't going to cry when Kelly's healthy enough to play and he goes to the press-box - but Claude put him in 16 games ago to stabilize a third line that was neither scoring nor stopping others from scoring.  At least they stabilized the defensive side - Caron is even over a similar stretch. 

I have no issue with the way this team handles prospects right now.  They don't think Spooner is well suited to the 3rd line in terms of his development or his contribution to the big club.  So he is honing his top-six game in Providence.  They didn't think MacDermid was suited to anything other than a 4th line role, so he sat in the pressbox until they could get something for him - and a pretty good something.  Whitfield played ahead of Arniel, Hamill and Lehtonen.  Heard of anyone else giving those guys a chance in the NHL lately?  Even three years later?  Yeah, you can chuck a guy in and see if he sinks or swims, but you have to live with him sinking and costing you games - because let's be honest, if Claude puts Spooner in and plays him for 8-10 minutes, those who criticize him now will still criticize him for "not giving the kid a real chance" even though "a real chance" isn't something his play warrants.

I want the Bruins to win games.  I want prospects to develop because it will ultimately help the Bruins win games.  When prospects haven't shown they're on the cusp?  They need to put in the time to earn a regular role.  Boychuk did.  McQuaid did.  Marchand worked up from the fourth line.  Hamill didn't.  Arniel didn't.  Kampfer didn't.  I'm content with how all of these situations played out because not one Boston prospect has gone elsewhere and suddenly shone.  The right prospects are working their way into the lineup.  The ones who don't have it are gone.  I just wish there were more right prospects and fewer wrong ones.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Apparently, Claude has caught up.  The Bruins are 23-8-4.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

shupe, if they win their games in hand, they can still finish ahead of the Penguins.

Wake the F... up, people!  We went years with Bourque, Oates, Neely at the top of the individual stats columns and got two sniffs at the Cup.  Miss that, do you?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

BB, years of potential with no return sounds awesome to me! Not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

shupe, if they win their games in hand, they can still finish ahead of the Penguins.

Wake the F... up, people!  We went years with Bourque, Oates, Neely at the top of the individual stats columns and got two sniffs at the Cup.  Miss that, do you?

I miss the feeling I had in June 2011.  I'm hoping to get that same feeling in June 2013.  I think this Bruins team is better than that one if they're healthy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Without having seen Jagr I hope the Bruins keep him at a reasonable price this summer. Not saying I want MacDermid back but i'm sick of these veteran types like Pandolfo and Whitfield that hang on for dear life on every shift.

x2

This organization can do better than that.

$6 million left in cap space (not including Savard's $4 million if put on LTIR)

Surely PC could have "found" someone better than Pandolfo.

ps: this is not complaining but musing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

x2

This organization can do better than that.

$6 million left in cap space (not including Savard's $4 million if put on LTIR)

Surely PC could have "found" someone better than Pandolfo.

ps: this is not complaining but musing.

PC has a coach to please.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Shows they traded Timmay just to line their pockets while they sell overpriced suds and dogs. The folks who pay big money to go to the games desreved spending to the cap. To pocket 6 mil and have all that space is plain greedy. There were options out there. I'm glad we got Jagr, but we could have had Clowe too. I also think we overpaid for Jagr (if we get to the conference finals). This is supposedly a banner year for first round picks, and we lose ours by making the conference finals.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

OEC they didn't line their pockets. They prepared for the cap going down next season. Go away.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

OEC they didn't line their pockets. They prepared for the cap going down next season. Go away.--Coolaid drinker Lambda

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

6 Mill would have got them a rental Lambda. Enjoy the coolaid. Raspberry or grape?