Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

You can't tell another team "hey, we have the cap space give us your player!"

Not getting a rental probably has more to do with how the Bruins' prospects are regarded (and the market, given the small number of sellers) than with a desire to avoid spending.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

Re: Lane not good enough to play over pandawful MacDermid scores goal in first game for the Stars

No excuse for not spending to the cap to enhance cup chances. B's prosects? If they were good/mature enough we would have seen them already. Still developing. B's need depth with Bergy and Darth out. Let's hope Sodergerg gets here soon!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In response to OrrEspoCash's comment:

No excuse for not spending to the cap to enhance cup chances. B's prosects? If they were good/mature enough we would have seen them already. Still developing. B's need depth with Bergy and Darth out. Let's hope Sodergerg gets here soon!

That was kind of my point.  They aren't, in general, quality enough to bring back a good return.  And without the picks that were tied up with getting Jagr, options for bringing in other players was likely slim to nil.  You have to give to get.

The whole Soderbeg situation will be interesting, that's for sure.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

OEC, what $6 mill rental would you have liked to pick up? At what cost?

You sound like an absolute moron saying "cool-aid drinker." Let's see who was traded or who was available. Just for fun, and let's see what we could have given up for them?

Boyle - had no interest in leaving SJ

Streit - no idea, but NYI want him back

Pominville - Yea right. Like the Sabres would deal to the Bruins

Regehr - See above.

Bouwmeister - on the books for another $6 mill next season? Tukka? Horton? No thanks.

Jagr - WIN

Iginla - wanted to go to Pitt. We had the best deal in place, and Iginla said no, I want Pitt. Win some, lose some.

Morrow - 4th liner that is past his prime.

Clowe - Hadn't scored a single goal all season? Didn't we want more goal scoring?

Roy - See above regarding Sabres.

Feel free to add a single name that was available and what we could have traded to get him. I'll wait.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

You sound like an absolute moron saying "cool-aid drinker." Let's see who was traded or who was available. Just for fun, and let's see what we could have given up for them?

Regehr - See above.

Bouwmeister - on the books for another $6 mill next season? Tukka? Horton? No thanks.

Jagr - WIN

Iginla - wanted to go to Pitt. We had the best deal in place, and Iginla said no, I want Pitt. Win some, lose some.

Clowe - Hadn't scored a single goal all season? Didn't we want more goal scoring?

Feel free to add a single name that was available and what we could have traded to get him. I'll wait.

You could've saved time and just written what I put in bold.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Really? You wanted PC to make a trade where he gives up future pieces for a guy you can't keep past this year? That would have been sound work by a GM? Seems pretty stupid to give up on guys that will be cheap if/when they get to the Bs to load up on guys that will only be with you for 2-3 months.

What PC has been doing is smart GM work not Jacobs cheapness showing through.

Assuming Tuukka costs $5 million per year, the Bs have $6 million to spend on a replacement for Horton, Ference, a 3rd line winger, and a 13th fwd + a 7th D. Why people bring up the Bs being cheap is beyond me, they're already strapped as it is next year.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

Regehr - See above.

Jagr - WIN

I agree with you lambda, but since you did ask there was one (god, I'm about to sound like Shupe). Torres went for a third.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Shows they traded Timmay just to line their pockets while they sell overpriced suds and dogs. The folks who pay big money to go to the games desreved spending to the cap. To pocket 6 mil and have all that space is plain greedy. There were options out there. I'm glad we got Jagr, but we could have had Clowe too. I also think we overpaid for Jagr (if we get to the conference finals). This is supposedly a banner year for first round picks, and we lose ours by making the conference finals.

Two stiffs for Jagr , plus a possible first round pick if we get to the conference Finals -- ALL DAY LONG ...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Drinking the koolaide seems to be a fun cliche here.  Not perfectly clear on the definition, but it appears to be the act of pointing out a variety of gaping holes in a poorly constructed argument.

Saying "PC should have gotten someone else" is as empty as me saying that I should be able to drive home from work 150 miles per hour.

Explain:

-Who?

-Why?

-How?

I would've loved to bring in some star players from other teams too, but after paying pretty close attention to the options available, I'm convinced that PC had very, very little to chose from.  You don't fill $6 million in payroll just for the sake of it, or by giving away a bunch of prospects and draft picks.  Who should they have gotten?  Whining and complaining should at least be backed by logic here...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

MacDermid played 6:40.   Before that meaningless goal, he was a -1 for the game.  So in under 6 minutes of ice time, he was on for a goal against.  The meaningless goal pulled him even

So MacDermid was the reason Dallas got scored on ? The goal Lane scored was lucky ?

He's a 4th liner that is only oging to get about 9mins but still managed to score. That is real good and a bonus to what his real job is.

Say what you want about Pandolfo - Claude put him in 16 games ago to stabilize a third line that was neither scoring nor stopping others from scoring.  At least they stabilized the defensive side - Caron is even over a similar stretch. 

Yah that's the idea keep it at ZERO instead of developing a better offensive weapon.

I have no issue with the way this team handles prospects right now.  They don't think Spooner is well suited to the 3rd line in terms of his development or his contribution to the big club.  So he is honing his top-six game in Providence.  Yeah, you can chuck a guy in and see if he sinks or swims, but you have to live with him sinking and costing you games - because let's be honest, if Claude puts Spooner in and plays him for 8-10 minutes, those who criticize him now will still criticize him for "not giving the kid a real chance" even though "a real chance" isn't something his play warrants.

Marchand played his way up starting on the 4th eventually becoming the #1 scorer for the Bruins. There goes the theory of letting a prospect go play back on the 1st line in the minors.

When has a prospect cost the Bruins a game ?

When prospects haven't shown they're on the cusp?  They need to put in the time to earn a regular role.  Hamill didn't.  Arniel didn't.  The right prospects are working their way into the lineup.  The ones who don't have it are gone. 

That's right Hamill didn't but he still got a shot, Arniel did prove he could score in the AHL and got one shot now that's concistency.

What more was Arniel supposed to do in the minors ?

If Kelly and Peverley can't get out of their funk the next two years of their contract(s) how long do Spooner, Cunningham, KoKo, Camara, Camper and possibly Griffith have to wait ?

The whol two years ? What's the use of spending all that money on the draft ?

Why should Jacobs work millions of dollars into the Bruins scouting/drafting budget if Julien just wants veterans like Kelly and Peverley for his coach ?

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Now 2 games 2 goals but wasn't good enough for Cloode.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

MacDermid played 6:40.   Before that meaningless goal, he was a -1 for the game.  So in under 6 minutes of ice time, he was on for a goal against.  The meaningless goal pulled him even

So MacDermid was the reason Dallas got scored on ? The goal Lane scored was lucky ?

He's a 4th liner that is only oging to get about 9mins but still managed to score. That is real good and a bonus to what his real job is.

He's not going to get 9 minutes.  Apparently he's going to get 2:36 because, goal or no goal, he's going to do something for a coach not named Julien and get his kiester stapled to the bench because he's not a very good hockey player. 

Say what you want about Pandolfo - Claude put him in 16 games ago to stabilize a third line that was neither scoring nor stopping others from scoring.  At least they stabilized the defensive side - Caron is even over a similar stretch. 

Yah that's the idea keep it at ZERO instead of developing a better offensive weapon.

Don't confuse incremental improvement with the ultimate goal.  And don't confuse MacDermid scoring two goals in two games with him being an offensive weapon.  He hit double digits in goals once in junior and never again.

I have no issue with the way this team handles prospects right now.  They don't think Spooner is well suited to the 3rd line in terms of his development or his contribution to the big club.  So he is honing his top-six game in Providence.  Yeah, you can chuck a guy in and see if he sinks or swims, but you have to live with him sinking and costing you games - because let's be honest, if Claude puts Spooner in and plays him for 8-10 minutes, those who criticize him now will still criticize him for "not giving the kid a real chance" even though "a real chance" isn't something his play warrants.

Marchand played his way up starting on the 4th eventually becoming the #1 scorer for the Bruins. There goes the theory of letting a prospect go play back on the 1st line in the minors.

Because he earned it with the level of his play in a fourth line role in the NHL, not with his play in the AHL.  I don't understand what's so difficult about the idea that the coach looks at him in drills, watches him battle on the boards, puts him in exhibition games, and thinks yes, he can contribute or no, he's not ready.  Why does it have to be 20 games of meaningful ice before you feel a guy "got a chance"?

When has a prospect cost the Bruins a game ?

This is partly my point, isn't it?  It doesn't happen very often because Julien, rather than throw a guy in the deep end, tries to put prospects in roles where they have the best chance to succeed.  But Hamilton had an awful game recently where the consensus was he looked like a 19yr old rookie and was burned on two key goals on which the game turned.  And that's Hamilton.

When prospects haven't shown they're on the cusp?  They need to put in the time to earn a regular role.  Hamill didn't.  Arniel didn't.  The right prospects are working their way into the lineup.  The ones who don't have it are gone. 

That's right Hamill didn't but he still got a shot, Arniel did prove he could score in the AHL and got one shot now that's concistency.

What more was Arniel supposed to do in the minors ?

How about show he wasn't a one-year wonder?  That he could continue to develop since he was patently not ready when he played in exhibition games and in his one call-up.  'Cause he sure as the Berlin Polar Bears didn't do those things, and now he plays in Germany.  They gave up on him, SD.  After only two years.  What does that tell you? 

If Kelly and Peverley can't get out of their funk the next two years of their contract(s) how long do Spooner, Cunningham, KoKo, Camara, Camper and possibly Griffith have to wait ?

First thing all of these guys have to do is earn a shot by showing they can help the Bruins win more than Kelly or Peverley.  That's not a certainty.  But if Spooner comes in next year and dominates camp by playing really well, Chiapete has repeatedly shown he can move guys out so that the Bruins can maximize their talent level.  He's willing to take a lesser return to do it.  If Spooner shows he can be a responsble and productive 3rd line C, he'll get a chance.  Cunningham and Camper haven't shown that they're NHL capable as third and fourth liners, and I don't think you're looking for them to replace anyone in the top six, are you?  Same will be true of Khokhlachev and Griffith - they're offensive guys who will need to play an offensive role or they'll look like Caron - meaning you won't know what they look likke because they'll be invisible.

And if they're just "waiting" instead of doing everything they can to improve their games and earn NHL plying time, that might be the problem.  The NHL is cut-throat.  If these kids can show that they help Claude pad his resume better than Pandolfo, they'll be there.  But none of them has.  They waited a month to play Pandolfo and none of the available guys showed he was able to play better than JP.  They made room for a prospect and played Bourque and he crapped the bed.  And there has been a gaping hole in the roster ever since.

The whol two years ? What's the use of spending all that money on the draft ?

Why should Jacobs work millions of dollars into the Bruins scouting/drafting budget if Julien just wants veterans like Kelly and Peverley for his coach ?

Doesn't the Jagr trade answer this question for you?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Orrthebest's comment:

Now 2 games 2 goals but wasn't good enough for Cloode.

Poor us, we got "stuck" with Jagr.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

MacDermid played 6:40.  

(lots of smart stuff)

I just wish there were more right prospects and fewer wrong ones.

Great post, Book.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

He's not going to get 9 minutes.  Apparently he's going to get 2:36 because, goal or no goal, he's going to do something for a coach not named Julien and get his kiester stapled to the bench because he's not a very good hockey player. 

Since when does leaving the game with an upper body injury equate to being stapled to the bench.  But don't worry the fact that your too lazy to even look at a game summary doesn't make you look like a Julien appologist at all.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Details, details.

Did you take the time to look at the bulk of MacDermid's career that shows what his real skill set is and the likelihood of him scoring more than two goals in a month really is?  No?

Lazy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Since when does leaving the game with an upper body injury equate to being stapled to the bench.  But don't worry the fact that your too lazy to even look at a game summary doesn't make you look like a Julien appologist at all.

[/QUOTE]

He played 1:53 in the first period. I'd say that was stapled to the bench. 

I see you were to lazy to read the time on ice report.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

He played 1:53 in the first period. I'd say that was stapled to the bench. 

I see you were to lazy to read the time on ice report.

[/QUOTE]

NO, I am just smart enough to know a player scoring and providing energy when only getting a little ice time is doing his job very well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

NO, I am just smart enough to know a player scoring and providing energy when only getting a little ice time is doing his job very well.

[/QUOTE]

Smart enough to know Pandolpho shouldn't be in the lineup. Not that smart thinking MacDermid should've been.

Pick another player next time. You'll look even smarter. MacDermid was hardly the answer to the Bruins being a better team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Smart enough to know Pandolpho shouldn't be in the lineup. Not that smart thinking MacDermid should've been.

Pick another player next time. You'll look even smarter. MacDermid was hardly the answer to the Bruins being a better team.

[/QUOTE]

Did your crystal ball tell you that because we will never what McDermid might have done because he was never given the chance.  Even PC in his press conference said he did not know why Lane was not getting any playing time.   So if I am as dumb as PC I can live with that.  I would just like to see players get a chance before they are thrown away.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

Did your crystal ball tell you that because we will never what McDermid might have done because he was never given the chance.  Even PC in his press conference said he did not know why Lane was not getting any playing time.   So if I am as dumb as PC I can live with that.  I would just like to see players get a chance before they are thrown away.

[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, we will never know what MacDermid might have done?  PC didn't have him killed.  He just traded him.  You can follow Macdermid's career and if he ever scores more than five goals per year, you can come here and tell us all "I told you so".

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to goodnewsbears' comment:

What do you mean, we will never know what MacDermid might have done?  PC didn't have him killed.  He just traded him.  You can follow Macdermid's career and if he ever scores more than five goals per year, you can come here and tell us all "I told you so".

[/QUOTE]

Dallas must be the Siberia of the NHL.

Out of all the prospects the Bruins have, his binky was MacDermid. He must like 4th line projected prospects. Dime a dozen !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

MacDermid was a healthy scratch last night against San Jose, what a beast!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

MacDermid was a healthy scratch last night against San Jose, what a beast!

Lane the miracle healer.  Leaves his previous game with uppper body injury but is healthy 2 day latter.

The first guy in 5 games has 2 goals and is a plus 1, the second guy in 14 games has 1goal 3 points and is +2 and a third guy 18 games no points and -2 and in this board supports playing the third guy over the others.

Sections
Shortcuts