Langenbrunner and Arnott to the Blues

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Langenbrunner and Arnott to the Blues

not too bad for the Blues depending on money and term, looks like they are adding leadership to their young team.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=25880

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Re: Langenbrunner and Arnott to the Blues

I don't mind the Blues and they have not had much success over the years.  I hope these moves work out for them.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

One year, $2.8M each.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Past their prime hockey players for a cash strapped team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

When you have a young team you do need some leadership to get them through the wilderness.  That is why Ryan Smyth is a good addition to the Oilers.  He can be a leader for all those talented kids and not let them get too discouraged if they still don't win a lot of hockey games.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: Langenbrunner and Arnott to the Blues:
    [QUOTE]When you have a young team you do need some leadership to get them through the wilderness.  That is why Ryan Smyth is a good addition to the Oilers.  He can be a leader for all those talented kids and not let them get too discouraged if they still don't win a lot of hockey games.
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Ah, the Blues.  Team to one of my favourite former Bruins, Sobotka.  This is a young club with only Jackman (30) and McDonald (33) being members of the Blues' 30 and over club.  I follow your take on the leadership aspect as both are seasoned vets. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

WOW,does this free up Chris Stewart for the B,s to come in & swoop away? LOL, its july I can dream cant I? How good would he look on Bergerons right side!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]          Past their prime hockey players for a cash strapped team.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yep....they have not been factors for a few years now. Blues overpaid by about a million each....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Langenbrunner and Arnott to the Blues : Yep....they have not been factors for a few years now. Blues overpaid by about a million each....
    Posted by jmwalters[/QUOTE]

Again the Blues are paying a little more for leadership which you can't measure in points alone.  Also other than last year, both of these guys had decent years the last 4 or 5 years prior.  At this point in their careers they are not going to be the go to guys for points but they won't be expected to be.  If they remained unsigned into August maybe they could have picked them up a little cheaper but they also may not have been available if they waited.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Langenbrunner and Arnott to the Blues : Again the Blues are paying a little more for leadership which you can't measure in points alone.  Also other than last year, both of these guys had decent years the last 4 or 5 years prior.  At this point in their careers they are not going to be the go to guys for points but they won't be expected to be.  If they remained unsigned into August maybe they could have picked them up a little cheaper but they also may not have been available if they waited.   
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Not disputing their leadership capabilities (though neither have won much since early last decade) or production (though both have been declining for some time now). The price is the issue for me. Langenbrunner making as much as he did 4 years ago? Nonsense. Arnott and his experience worth more moneywise than Recchi's salary of last year. Ridiculous...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bigpapa1977. Show Bigpapa1977's posts

THERE is my one year contract!

I said 1 year, $2.5 for Arnott - he got 1 year, $2.8 ~ pretty close!  Then again, not with the Bruins.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

THERE is my one year contract! I said 1 year, $2.5 for Arnott - he got 1 year, $2.8 ~ pretty close!  Then again, not with the Bruins.
    Posted by Bigpapa1977

And your one year contract was given to a player whose skills have eroded . His production for the last two years combined was a whopping 56 points. He is also an older player ( 37 this year ). 

These things were pointed out to you and you brushed them aside saying 1 year contracts are signed all the time. You are right ! But mostly for the reasons that were given to you as in Arnott's case ( old and/or a decrease in his abilities ).

Sections
Shortcuts