Last 2 games, put Seguin on top line..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Last 2 games, put Seguin on top line..

Why not? Get this kid on the scoresheet and turn him loose. I really think Horton is stil suffering from that injury in Game 1. While he hasnt been scoring, I think his overall game has been better than the numbers suggest.

I dont think you can just plug him into Bergeron spot if he cant go. Seguin needs more work on the faceoffs so Peverley is more likley to be there.

Be real nice to see this kid take over the last two games. Totally capable of it and really due to break out..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Re: Last 2 games, put Seguin on top line..

I agree Seguin could be an "ace in the hole" if he's let loose, but we've seen what happens when the Bs try to run and gun. Chicago is simply too good at it. Don't think that gives Boston the best chance at a win.

Game 6 needs to be about absolutely no gimmes to the Blackhawks, and then executing every chance Boston get to score going the other way. The KHL line in the 3rd period last night was clicking. A bounce here or there and it would've been a different story. Since it has to be about limiting mistakes, I'd hesitate to mix linemates too much. If Bergeron is lost, perhaps reuniting Marchand and Seguin around a new center isn't a bad idea. Maybe Peverly in the middle for some speed? Otherwise, prob best to keep as many lines together as you can...and just plug the hole if a guy can't go. Let Peverly or Soder fill the gap and move on.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I like this idea a lot Kel only because Horts is not nearly 100%.  Looch and DK create room and with his speed that can lead to good opportunties for Segs.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree and it might be just what the doctor ordered. I think that Tyler is overthinking when it comes to his shot selection, he either shoots right at Crawfords chest or tries to pick the corner and misses the net alltogether.  This kid has too much talent to not be putting the puck in the net and maybe a change of lines might just kick start something, a tap in or something that gets him off the shnide.At least for these next 2 games.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Put him back with Marchand,but not with Jagr on there line

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I would love to see it.  I am SURE this guy has more to give.  We've seen it.  He's been a black hole on offense for the entire post season.  Of course, playing with you know who and you know who, it's easy to see why.

"Lucic wraps it around to Krejci behind the net.  Krejci holds.  Krejci.  Throws it out to the top of the circle for the one timer SCORE.  TYLER SEGUIN WITH HIS SECOND OF THE NIGHT AND THE BRUINS LEAD 2-0 WITH THREE MINUTES TO GO."

Can't you hear Dave Goucher now?

My favorite is, "Wrist SHOT SCORE!"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Julien will pull out all the stops to win these two games. He won't hesitate to mix the lines up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I feel for Seguin right now. He has been putting forth a great all-around effort recently, but just hasn't gotten great all-around results. Keep skating and shooting kid - you're too talented to stay down for long!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

Drop Horton down because he is injured, move Seguin up i would do it as well. The only problem is Claude will not do it. My only concern is weather Patrice Bergeron can play which i think he will. If he can not go then that is an option.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Julien will pull out all the stops to win these two games. He won't hesitate to mix the lines up.

I agree 100%

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I would love to see it.  I am SURE this guy has more to give.  We've seen it.  He's been a black hole on offense for the entire post season.  Of course, playing with you know who and you know who, it's easy to see why.

"Lucic wraps it around to Krejci behind the net.  Krejci holds.  Krejci.  Throws it out to the top of the circle for the one timer SCORE.  TYLER SEGUIN WITH HIS SECOND OF THE NIGHT AND THE BRUINS LEAD 2-0 WITH THREE MINUTES TO GO."

Can't you hear Dave Goucher now?

My favorite is, "Wrist SHOT SCORE!"

NAS, Seguin has had clear cut chances to bury some and has been stopped. But i know  what your saying. I would give it a try though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

hey, that was my idea, come on kelv, give credit where credit due. But I do think Seguin should be with Krecji and Lucic, Soderberg with Jagr and Marchand, leaving Peverly with his old buddy Kelly and Horton, putting a 4th line of Paille, Thornton and Caron/Daugavins/Pandolfo...you have to go for scoring. Horton is hurt, or has played like he was hurt for most of this series.

You are not changing too many dynamics as Soderberg is at least a skater who can pass with Marchand/Jagr, who seem to have very good chemistry on creating plays. Soderberg was 4-for-5 on faceoffs. Then with Seguin playing with 2 talented playmakers, Lucic supplies traffic and Krecji can give Tyler the type of pass to give him a legitimate scoring chance. Breakaways could also happen with this 3-some. Then Kelly, Peverly get their old magic, but become possibly a better line with even a 45-percent Horton. Finally Paille gets to get back with Thornton in the 2/3 of the Campbell line, so there's chemistry on all 4 lines is the way to look at it.

I don't think the B's will serve well having Seguin stay with Peverly and Paille while both of the top 2 lines are a bit short-handed with Soderberg not really even close to Bergeron as a total player (no rip on Carl, he's just not NHL vet yet, he will be fine in a reg. season), and Horton hurting the high-scoring line with Krecji-Lucic. It's limiting the B's scoring potential. The lines that I've proposed increase the potential. At least, that's how I feel.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dannycater. Show dannycater's posts

What's looking bright for the B's is that both Kelly and Peverly seem to be playing much better, and driving more to the net. Peverly has played much better in the last 2 games than he's had all playoffs. Maybe by adding Horton, you can kind of plant Nathan in front of the net, at least giving him something to do (he's not shooting, he's not in the plays, passing...really since he re-aggravated his upper body thing). These are ideas. Overall, the team played too passive the first 2 periods at Chicago, and that's why they were under the 8-ball. The third period they played great, but in Boston, they need to get ahead and stay ahead, and score 3 or 4 for Rask.

Sections
Shortcuts