Last night funny stuff on HNIC

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Last night funny stuff on HNIC

Did anyone catch PJ Stock's comment on concussions ?

Glenn Healy was going on and on about the quiet room and concussions till PJ Stock told him we need to find a "Quiet room" for you !

and this also :  (wait a few seconds)
    http://i.imgur.com/s6ZvATC.gif

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Last night funny stuff on HNIC

I laughed when I saw Cherry doing the segment with that hat.  He's so much fun.

As for the studio crew, you'd think they'd want more credibility.

An AHL goon, a below average goalie and a career backup goalie who was once traded for Shane Willis and Chris Dingman.  Not one guy who would be considered a "good" hockey player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The "good" ex-players tend to get coaching jobs and the bottom feeders become tv analysts....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Glenn Healy was going on and on about the quiet room and concussions till PJ Stock told him we need to find a "Quiet room" for you !

I saw it and Stock was bang on.  Enough already with Healy's act/role as the panel's curmudgeon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I saw it and Stock was bang on.  Enough already with Healy's act/role as the panel's curmudgeon.

Yes, its been done before and is really old and stale. I cannot stand the guy and his so called "insights" to the game. He is with CBC though and as we know these guys have these jobs for life, using Bob Cole as an example. I guess when Healy's doing the game, use of the mute function on the remote is necessary.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I hope HNIC never sees Brickley game tapes...the guy continues to be one of the very best in the game. So yes, good ex-players can also be good analysts.

Totally off-topic, but I find it a hoot to listen to the MTL announcers call Habs-Bs games. They actually aren't as one-sided as you'd think, but it cracks me up how they butcher non-French Canadian names as if they were. Shar-ahh instead of Chara, Fehr-onche instead of Ference, Soi-dehn-berge instead of Seidenberg. It's classic. I actually heard them announce Toe-mas instead of Thomas last year. Hehehe. You crazy kids up there. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Brick is as good at color as he was on the ice.

Average at best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

The "good" ex-players tend to get coaching jobs and the bottom feeders become tv analysts....

The good ex-players also make a lot more money and don't need TV analyst jobs after they retire.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

The good ex-players also make a lot more money and don't need TV analyst jobs after they retire.

Great point Bis. I'm sure that's a factor. It's also partly because the best players often didn't need to learn the game as much. Things were so much more natural to them. That's why so many 3rd and 4th line guys can become good coaches and analysts. They're limited skill sets made it even more crucial for them to learn all that they could. Roenick is the exception to the rule. Craig Simpson also I suppose.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

Great point Bis. I'm sure that's a factor. It's also partly because the best players often didn't need to learn the game as much. Things were so much more natural to them. That's why so many 3rd and 4th line guys can become good coaches and analysts. They're limited skill sets made it even more crucial for them to learn all that they could. Roenick is the exception to the rule. Craig Simpson also I suppose.

The same was always said about goalies because they had so much time thinking to themselves and watching plays develop in front of them, but i guess all that escaped Healy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment

. That's why so many 3rd and 4th line guys can become good coaches and analysts. They're limited skill sets made it even more crucial for them to learn all that they could. Roenick is the exception to the rule. Craig Simpson also I suppose.

The same was always said about goalies because they had so much time thinking to themselves and watching plays develop in front of them, but i guess all that escaped Healy.

Healy is just a dick. I guess they need 1 on every show.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I liked LeBrun, Milbury and Eric Francis on Hot Stove. Now they have a bunch of clowns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

I liked LeBrun, Milbury and Eric Francis on Hot Stove. Now they have a bunch of clowns.

It's like they're trying to be the hockey version of Bradshaw, Long, Strahan and Jones.  Maybe they're trying to add some flair to the segment.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I love Healey.