Last Night -Pens. Tonight - The Peg

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Last Night -Pens. Tonight - The Peg

Last night:
    Fun game to watch.
    The Crosby kid is a yapper.
    Was anyone else disappointed to see Matt Cooke back in the game after he got hit in the hand ?.
    Niskanen was atrocious and I loved it
    The only area that needs improvement right now is the power play.
    4 lines that can play, solid D and great goaltending.
    Hope Corvo is OK after taking a puck in the noggin at the end of the game.
    It looked like Seguin did not play alot last night. If this is the case, why?

Tonight:
    This game tonight looks to be the classic 'letdown' game. By that I mean, a day after winning against the top team in the conference, on the road. A late flight into Winnipeg. Playing the following night. A team that is on an extended winning streak that is due for a loss. I always hope for my B's to win but I think tonight is going to be a REAL tough one.
    This is a tricky week for the B's. After Winnipeg they face FLA who are surprising alot of teams this year. After that is CBJ on the road and they have been playing better as of late. STAY FOCUSED !! 
    Tuukka Time Tonight.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Re: Last Night -Pens. Tonight - The Peg

I just checked and you are right - Seguin did see comparatively little ice time.  I think part of it might have been all the penalties - since both his linemates take shifts on PK units, it can keep him out of regular play sometimes.  He played more in the third than the other two periods, so I don't think it was a benching.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

In Response to Re: Last Night -Pens. Tonight - The Peg:
    I just checked and you are right - Seguin did see comparatively little ice time.  I think part of it might have been all the penalties - since both his linemates take shifts on PK units, it can keep him out of regular play sometimes.  He played more in the third than the other two periods, so I don't think it was a benching.
    Posted by DrCC

I'm hoping that his reduced playing time last night translates into a 'fresher' Seguin for tonight. Tonight would be a good time for Seguin to try and set the tone for his team with his speed and play making ability.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/preview.htm?id=2011020397

"Who's Hot: Though he didn't score against Pittsburgh, David Krejci was a dangerous presence all night and had 2 goals and 6 assists in his previous three games.  … Kane has 6 goals in five games for the Jets, and has recorded at least a point in eight of nine.

Injury Report: Boston is healthy. … Wingers Eric Fehr (shoulder) and Nik Antropov (undisclosed) as well as defender Ron Hainsey (lower body) are questionable for the game against Boston. Aaron Gagnon (undisclosed), Derek Meech (lower body), Tobias Enstrom (broken collarbone), Randy Jones (right ankle) and Brett Festerling (upper body) are all on injured reserve.

Stat Pack: As if the Jets needed more reason to hope for a reincarnation of Dale Hawerchuk, Boston has been outscoring opponents at a torrid pace. The Bruins own a 66-27 advantage over the 15-game points streak, including 17-7 over the past four games.

Puck Drop: "We don't know how we're going to win every night. We're going to do it different ways with different guys, but all of us together at the same time. It's been pretty nice to be a part of this team the last month." – Goaltender Tim Thomas on Boston's streak"

My guess is that Celtics schedule (well what was supposed to be) added this odd play in Pittsburgh then fly to CPE after the game scheduling. Tuukka get the start ? I would think so...

Sections
Shortcuts