Last years cup means....???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Last years cup means....???

Let's all ignore the bruins accomplishments of last year..... So many posters on here are an absolute joke. I for one dream about a repeat, but then reality sets in. It's very rare to happen anymore. By the way it's not over yet.... to all u band wagon fair weather fans.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Last years cup means....???

I see last year's Cup as a wonderful occasion.  I wish they were playing better right now, but even a first round exit, tragic as it may be, won't harm my love for the Boston Bruins.  Heck, I was a fan for decades of futility, always hoping, always disappointed.  This season will be no different, of course.  The possibility of a repeat is so incredibly slim without their incredible uninspiried play.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hanrahan1. Show Hanrahan1's posts

Honestly never expected a repeat but was always hopeful. For awhile it looked like a possiblity.
    I just didn't want the Bs to humiliate themselves in the first round like they're doing right now.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I for one thought a repeat would be tough,heck winning one is very,very hard. I always hope for the B's to do well and take every major defeat badly but i'll tell you one thing,if the b's lose this series, the Washington Capitals will NOT win the Cup.Of that i'm sure.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Last year's cup will lower my disappointment if they lose and the post playoff sadness will be less. Doesn't make losing more palatable, just makes the recovery quicker. Repeats rarely happen but a good playoff run would be nice. I can't wait to see them put it all on the line tomorrow. A good effort is all I ask

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Last years cup means....???:
    [QUOTE]Last year's cup will lower my disappointment if they lose and the post playoff sadness will be less. Doesn't make losing more palatable, just makes the recovery quicker. Repeats rarely happen but a good playoff run would be nice. I can't wait to see them put it all on the line tomorrow. A good effort is all I ask
    Posted by nrguy[/QUOTE]
    Me too, lay it all on the line and go for broke.Play like the b's we all know they can for an entire game,start to finish.From TT on out play to win,not play to not lose.Go B'ssss!! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

...fuc.k all, as long as Timmy lets in soft goals at critical times, like he did today. Thanks Timmy. Now go back to posting on Facebook.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Repeat? How bout making it to game 7 in the first round. Last year was awesome but who lives in the past? Maybe that is what's wrong right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

The Hockey Gods giveth, the Hockey Gods taketh away.  Last year, on top of thier incredible level of play, they had many "lucky" moments that, if played out just a tiny bit differently, would have meant an earlier exit.  It all came together for them in a magical way.

This year, it looks like the Caps are getting all the breaks so far.

I just want to see them go all out today and give themselves a shot in Game 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

Winning last year certainly takes the sting out of potentially not doing much this year but the losses are still hard to take. Especially when our top two lines are M.I.A.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Last years cup means....???:
    [QUOTE]Repeat? How bout making it to game 7 in the first round. Last year was awesome but who lives in the past? Maybe that is what's wrong right now.
    Posted by jwb413[/QUOTE]

It's okay for us to discuss it because we are not on the actual team.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

There is something that changes an athlete when they win.  Anybody who has played a high level sport and reached a pinnacle has experienced it.  It can show as the dreaded sophomore jinx.  Often it takes time to get it back.  What is "it"?  I'm not sure.  Hunger maybe.  There is an intense drive and focus to succeed which is lacking after success.  I think that is what they are going through now.  Rarely teams or athletes don't go through it, and that's what separates elite from very good.  I think it's fair to say, without being overly critical, that the Bruins are very good, not elite. 

Sections
Shortcuts