Late first round draft pick possibilities

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Late first round draft pick possibilities

Barring a collapse, the Bruins will likely be picking in the 20's or (hopefully) 30th. For those following the juniors, who do you like out there for likely picks? If there's anyone following the Q, I'd be curious to hear what you have to say about Samuel Morin.

From my spot on the west coast, I've been impressed by a few possibilities. Nicolas Petan with the Winterhawks has speed to spare, and also impressed me with his defensive play. Not to fall into bruinsgenius world but, I've also liked Bowey with the Rockets - fairly big and dependable D. and not bad hands. I've also liked what I've seen from Lazar with Edmonton and Mirco Mueller with the Silvertips (another big D - but better on the breakout than Bowey, but more liable to defensive gaffs). There's not one damn Giant I'd think of taking in any of the 7 rounds.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Late first round draft pick possibilities

If the Bruins don't trade the pick for a PMD and go for a forward I like Adam Erne, Kerby Rychel or Curtis Lazar if they drop. If PC goes Defensman Shea Theodore is a bruiser and plays allot on the PP.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Any defenseman over 6'2" who throws his weight around and has just a touch of skill.

I'd love an other Mark Stuart type (let him go, Red. We want him back over here!)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Ryan Hartman or Robert Haag

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsGENIUS. Show bruinsGENIUS's posts

I really like the kid Petan.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I doubt he would drop but Anthony Mantha of the QMJHL would be somebody I'd like to see them pick. I really like this kid. Big, skilled, skates really well. Seems to be getting better and better as he matures and develops. I wonder if the B's could package something to move up? They would have to get in to the 10th to 15th pick range I'm guessing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Trade any two from Providence and the next two years of first round picks and move into the Top 5.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

Any defenseman over 6'2" who throws his weight around and has just a touch of skill.

I'd love an other Mark Stuart type (let him go, Red. We want him back over here!)

Yeaahhhhhh.  Stuart was a great pick in that draft.  Ugh, that one haunts me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Trade any two from Providence and the next two years of first round picks and move into the Top 5.

I have a hard time envisioning PC doing this but I like the idea!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Jordan Subban. Keep it in the family.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

That's why I asked abut Morin. I haven't seen him play but my brother raves about him. 6'7 , and growing, stay at home D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to perrysound's comment:

Just a guess but I'm thinking Jordan Subban will still be available later then the first round. 

Good player but small.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to WalkTheLine's comment:

I have a hard time envisioning PC doing this but I like the idea!

Not going to give up Krug, Spooner, Svedberg or Cunningham, they way they are playing, to move up in the draft.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Just a guess but I'm thinking Jordan Subban will still be available later then the first round. 

Good player but small.

Ya he will prob go mid to late second round unless someone reaches. Id take him in the second round were we sit but i wouldnt reach for him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Good player but small.

He's listed at 32 or 33 right now. I saw a piece on him on TSN or some sports show, and he seems to have a pretty good upside, good family/ brothers, but like Hamil, skilled but smallish. Joe Colbourne was big and talented, but hasn't done skawt. 

Let's face it the B's have a horrible First Round draft record of late. (not including the gifts from Toronto). I say take the best player available at the position they think they need and just accept fate, because their 1st Round drafting leaves much to be desired. 

Now second round seems to be where they hit their stride. Lucic, Krejci, little ball o hate...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

From what I have read and seen, limited as it may be, if I am one of those GMs, WHY do I make that move? This appears to be a strong Top 10 Draft, and all you are giving me are guys that are more likely to be 3rd and 4th liners. You'd need to put  top 6 fw. or a top 4 d to make that move. 

Just saying, if it was me....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

perry I don't think draft picks, even top 10, are worth any current top-six or top-4 players. Prospects don't always work out, current players already did. Also late round picks can bring huge talent. Datsyuk!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

I think this is the weakest draft class I have seen in the past 5 years, so I would not want to trade up anyways. After the top 5 most the guys would be mid to late first rounders in other drafts. The bruins will most likely have a mid to late 20s pick not a lot of dmen in that area to be selected which is our biggest need in the prospect pool. So hopefully they target the right forward prospect there has been some steals in years past that late in the first round. The bruins have been drafting great in the past 6-7 years I don't expect much different. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Funny, I was thinking this was the stongest draft class I'd seen in the last five years, at least from a WHL perspective. The OHL may be weaker than usual but Finland, Sweden and the Q are all supposed to be contributing to a strong draft class this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Funny, I was thinking this was the stongest draft class I'd seen in the last five years, at least from a WHL perspective. The OHL may be weaker than usual but Finland, Sweden and the Q are all supposed to be contributing to a strong draft class this year.

Yes, but you aren't an imbecile Red. I can't say the same about the clown you're replying to. You know, he's the guy who sees the prospects on a secret website that he's unwilling to share.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to heyoo's comment:

So hopefully they target the right forward prospect there has been some steals in years past that late in the first round. The bruins have been drafting great in the past 6-7 years I don't expect much different.

Have not  been or have been drafting great ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

Seguin, Hamilton, spooner, camara, subban, lucic, Marchand, koko. They have been drafting great in the past 6-7 years. You go back a couple more years you have bergy and krejci the bruins have done good through the draft to build a solid core group. Except for Horton the top two lines have been drafted and developed by the bruins. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heyoo. Show heyoo's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Outside the top 5 I feel like there isn't much that in 3-4 years that is going to make huge impacts on a team. The 2011 draft I would consider to be the strongest draft in recent years almost every player in the top 20 is going to be an impact player in the nhl. We will just have to wait and see. The sm-liiga is having a strong showing in this years draft. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Gotta disagree when you have a small-side speed demon like Petan, who leads  all elligible players in scoring (109 pts. in 66 games) not even currenly ranked in the top 20, that's a sign of a deep draft class. Domi, Rychel, Mantha, Gauthier, Shinkaruk - those are all players outside of the top ten that show serious potential to contribute at the NHL level. I haven't heard one scout complain this is a weak draft year.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm with red on this. The talent pool looks pretty deep to me even if there aren't a few guys at the very top that appear to be lock solid, can't miss, future MVP candidates. We'll know in a few years though, won't we?

I'm hoping Cam puts PC in a headlock until he agrees to make a serious effort to move up in this draft...I don't think they need to get in to the top 5 or anything. I think they can find a serious scorer amonst the top 15 which is why this would be a good draft to move up if you can find a taker.

Sections
Shortcuts