Late Night Men's League

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from aplymoutht. Show aplymoutht's posts

Late Night Men's League

I know there are other men's league players on this Board, so I figured this is as good a place to ask as any. I recently joined a league that routinely has games at 9:00-10:00pm. As someone wo wakes up for work every day at 6:00, this is late for me. My body wants to be slowing down and gettng ready to sleep, but I make it stay up and play puck. It's well worth it, but my question is...

Is there anything you guys have found that makes you less lethargic while you're playing? I've thought of taking a nap earlier that day, drinking coffee, etc. Anything I'm missing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Late Night Men's League

We often had 11 pm games in my women's league (hard to get ice time). I found a 45 minte nap after work usually did itfor me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Late Night Men's League:
    I know there are other men's league players on this Board, so I figured this is as good a place to ask as any. I recently joined a league that routinely has games at 9:00-10:00pm. As someone wo wakes up for work every day at 6:00, this is late for me. My body wants to be slowing down and gettng ready to sleep, but I make it stay up and play puck. It's well worth it, but my question is... Is there anything you guys have found that makes you less lethargic while you're playing? I've thought of taking a nap earlier that day, drinking coffee, etc. Anything I'm missing?
    Posted by aplymoutht

And then there's trying to wind down enough to sleep after.  Beer can help with that.

The nap is about the best you can do, but again your night's sleep will be messed up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

aplymoutht, ever think about getting a job that works around your hockey schedule? just a thought

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Late Night Men's League:
    In Response to Late Night Men's League : And then there's trying to wind down enough to sleep after.  Beer can help with that. The nap is about the best you can do, but again your night's sleep will be messed up.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Agreed - a couple of pints always help with winding down.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

aftre the game: 1-3 beers-perfect
                          4-8 beers-you'll be waking up to take a leak every half hour
                          9 & over-  you'll feel like crap at 6am

in the morning: drink monster energy

i sleep 4hrs/night twice a week from late september to early may and i love it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from legolaspinkerton. Show legolaspinkerton's posts

I've heard that warming up (lunges, light cardio) before you put your gear on helps, but I admit I've never actually tried it.

Anyone else done this/heard this?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

if i started to do lunges in the dressing room before the game, i'd never here the end of it.  our number 1 passtime in the dressing room is making fun of each other.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

I play 10:45 games once a week - its great in the February when you have to dig the car out to get to the rink :P  I pound back a red bull before, helps some

beers after though, im usually awake til 130 :S

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Berries and/or pineapple before you head to the rink and smoke some illegal stuff to help you fall asleep right after you get back home.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brewnster. Show Brewnster's posts

I'm a firm believer in Red Bull and beef jerky before every game.

Sections
Shortcuts