Late season standings

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Late season standings

The Rangers are only two points (and one game) ahead of the Pens for conference leader.

4-5-1 in their last 10.

The B's are 4-6.

This makes me feel better for some reason.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Late season standings

Agree,  yesterday they even had Lundqvist in goal. 
    Look at Ottawa also, having all the trouble in the world against teams that are not gong to make the playoffs.
    Bruins I would be very happy they finish 2nd in the Conference.  1st I think is going to the Pens.  Will these guys lose again ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In Response to Re: Late season standings:
    Agree,  yesterday they even had Lundqvist in goal.  Look at Ottawa also, having all the trouble in the world against teams that are not gong to make the playoffs. Bruins I would be very happy they finish 2nd in the Conference.  1st I think is going to the Pens.  Will these guys lose again ?
    Posted by BsLegion

All the reason in the world to stay out of 8th. Nobody wants the Pens right now, they have hit their stride & clicking on all cylinders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I agree with you NAS every team will slide with 20 gms. or less remaining cause (a) teams are still fighting for certain spot in division ie div. home ice adv. and even the eight and final spot (b) players in on the bottom feeders are playing for a job or want to spoil other teams chances.

IF the bruins can get out of this juggernaut in the next few weeks I am very content with that and get solid and healthy for post season. Peverly is skating and reconditioning, Rolly actual got a goal Wow and will be good depth come post season when Pev. returns.

The man that you NAS love so much Thornton got an ext. LOL and I have no comments on this signing but i think you can answer that one for me with a similar answer response.LOL

CJ at the moment is going back to basics getting the Bruins working on defence which will be a positive for post season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Get healthy !  We were healthy going into the playoffs last season...We need everyone healthy to start the new season. We didn't replace Recchi or Ryder, but we still have enough to go all the way. We are much better too when Trent Whitfield isn't in the lineup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

That NYR are presently struggling shows they're not invinsible and can have dips like any other team at any point of the year.  Over the season they've been steadier than Boston but the Bruins have played them tough.  They just haven't won any against them. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Get healthy !  We were healthy going into the playoffs last season...We need everyone healthy to start the new season. We didn't replace Recchi or Ryder, but we still have enough to go all the way. We are much better too when Trent Whitfield isn't in the lineup.
    Posted by Stuke50

Still can't believe he got almost 14 mins of icetime in his one game he played when called up...just burns me for some reason.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Man, people hate Whitfield!

After watching the Pens gag up the game to the Flyers, it sure looked like the Pens could be had.  Yeah, I know, first loss in 11 games, but both Hartnell goals were pretty clean looks for Fleury (he was waaaay to casual in his approach to the tying goal), and the Flyers ran the same sort of play that resulted in both Hartnell goals about a dozen times in the third - cross-ice pass up high for the one-timer.  It was there over and over again, and the times they didn't hammer it right into Fleury, they scored.  Pens' ba..s to the wall approach also got turned around a number of times by Jacob Voracek of all people, and Couturier could handle a pass, this wouldn't have gone to OT.

Flyers played one period and beat the Pens.  They aren't invincible, even with Sissy.  Bruins came close to making the same come-back, but their D was atrocious of its own volition in that game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

All I can say is that goal that Seguin scored in the S.O yesterday was has as hard a shot you'll see from ANYONE in the league! How often have you seen Ovie, Kovey, Malkin, or even Stamper where the goalie didn't even flitch! So I think we have our future sniper sooner than we think! I've never, ever seen a one on none & the goalie didn't react to the shot at all, Kel & Sox plse remind me of one! NO MATTER HOW OUT THERE THE GOALIE like Brizzy maybe. That just isn't something I've ever seen before. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

In Response to Late season standings:
    The Rangers are only two points (and one game) ahead of the Pens for conference leader. 4-5-1 in their last 10. The B's are 4-6. This makes me feel better for some reason.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I know what you mean by this statement NAS, but it still scares me that the B's recent horrid play actually happened; and it's so fresh in our minds that the possibilty of it happening again doesn't seem so far-fetched.  The team needs to put some distance between this occurence and the playoffs - and luckily, the timing works in their favor.  They just have to win games.

But you're right, seeing other top teams go through a slump is comforting because it reminds us that no one in this league is unbeatable...no one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

All I can say is that goal that Seguin scored in the S.O yesterday was has as hard a shot you'll see from ANYONE in the league! How often have you seen Ovie, Kovey, Malkin, or even Stamper where the goalie didn't even flitch! So I think we have our future sniper sooner than we think! I've never, ever seen a one on none & the goalie didn't react to the shot at all, Kel & Sox plse remind me of one! NO MATTER HOW OUT THERE THE GOALIE like Brizzy maybe. That just isn't something I've ever seen before. 
    Posted by nitemare-38

That was disgusting Nite, and he telegraphed it the whole way by holding the puck to the side. One of the sickest shots I've ever seen.

BTW, Claude Giroux is fun to watch on those shootouts, kid has some smooth hands.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Some things I enjoyed were the lowly Avs beating the Rangers last night, while Tortorella did his fake-disbelief-smiling-whine-fest for half the game despite getting a 5-2 advantage on powerplays.

And who didn't like Chris Kunitz crawling around on Hartnell's face during the scrum today.  Hartnell comes up swinging twice at Penguin players that are already being held by another guy, and then looks incredulously at the refs when they allow Kunitz to jam his face into the ice a few times.

I'm always amazed at players who take great exception to other players acting exactly the same way they do. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Late season standings : That was disgusting Nite, and he telegraphed it the whole way by holding the puck to the side. One of the sickest shots I've ever seen. BTW, Claude Giroux is fun to watch on those shootouts, kid has some smooth hands.
    Posted by kelvana33

Oh I detest Philly, but Giroux is sick! I was screaming NOOOO! When he had that chance late in the game yesterday. See how he tried to put it in off Thomas after he was behind the net? First player I saw do this on purpose was Wayne. Now a lot of the stars try it. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Late season standings : That was disgusting Nite, and he telegraphed it the whole way by holding the puck to the side. One of the sickest shots I've ever seen. BTW, Claude Giroux is fun to watch on those shootouts, kid has some smooth hands.
    Posted by kelvana33

Holding the puck on the side doesn't telegraph anything. It's just the opposite. If you carry the puck in front of you, you're telegraphing a deke because you can't shoot a puck pitchfork style. Keeping it on the side gives you the option of shooting or deking.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

...both Hartnell goals were pretty clean looks for Fleury (he was waaaay to casual in his approach to the tying goal)...
    Posted by Bookboy007

I think I saw Fleury taking a bit of a different angle.  Maybe he dropped a knee a bit.  I think this means that there is something very wrong with him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Clearly he has a season ending hip injury.

It looked to me like he played it as a shot that missed the net.  He didn't look like a goalie moving to close off the post.  And yeah, he did look like he was into some sort of scuttle trying to see through the screen.  I'm not a big Fleury fan because, well, he's a Penguin, but also because he seems to get a little fuzzy mentally, especially in a game like today's when he's not getting a lot of shots.

Mostly it's because kel loves him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Love to see another solid game with all of the following uping their recent perfoemances: Lucic, Marchand, Seidenberg, Campbell, Paille. Keep Corvo on the bench I gagged over Fluto's Negative comments on Campbell today without once including Thornton. Fluto definitely watches a different game the way he reports the action.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

I would like to see the standing right where they are.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

Have said the Bs want to be 2nd or 6th. Anything else is a really hard 1st round (then again, FLA played well against them)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Have said the Bs want to be 2nd or 6th. Anything else is a really hard 1st round (then again, FLA played well against them)
    Posted by nrguy

Ya that one time. Other than that we SMOKED them a few times. Was it 6-0?

Sections
Shortcuts