Latest Habs fans Excuses!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgebhardt8. Show sgebhardt8's posts

Latest Habs fans Excuses!

I can't help myself, but I've been listening to the Fan 990 all day and it is unbelievable.  Even though the Habs played (and lost) last night, every caller is talking about the Bruins.  It started out as really funny, now it's just sad. 

As I posted earlier, the Host yesterday said it best: "The Bruins are built for the playoffs, the Canandiens are built for Sweden!"

The best one I just heard was: "the reason the Habs play the way they play is because the league told everyone to change because they were trying to get rid of 70's hockey.  So the Habs went out and drafted accordingly.  Now they're letting teams like the Bruins and Flyers play that way."

Waah, Waah, I love it!  Seriously tune in if you can, it's unreal!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

Re: Latest Habs fans Excuses!

In Response to Latest Habs fans Excuses!:
    I can't help myself, but I've been listening to the Fan 990 all day and it is unbelievable.  Even though the Habs played (and lost) last night, every caller is talking about the Bruins.  It started out as really funny, now it's just sad.  As I posted earlier, the Host yesterday said it best: "The Bruins are built for the playoffs, the Canandiens are built for Sweden!" The best one I just heard was: "the reason the Habs play the way they play is because the league told everyone to change because they were trying to get rid of 70's hockey.  So the Habs went out and drafted accordingly.  Now they're letting teams like the Bruins and Flyers play that way." Waah, Waah, I love it!  Seriously tune in if you can, it's unreal!
    Posted by sgebhardt8

Honestly...in a boxing match two pugilists are there for the sole purpose of fighting...in hockey it's the same credo. What Boston demonstrated was a lack of professional respect chasing and beating on guys who are either rookies or don't fight. Price and Pouliot demonstrated class and respect, boston didn't and other then mtl haters and boston fans, everyone is saying the same thing. So where is the satisfaction there? Remember whose protecting the Bruins from suspensions is Campbell's father, the ever useless Colin.
    Years of losing to the Habs took it's toll......it's a wake-up call for sure. The league did make moves to ban goon hockey but what they say and what they do are two different concepts...ie: see colin campbell and his punishments. So March is looming and another 'classic' approaches. Beating the crap out of non-fighters [big bad tom pyatt and mad dog spacek] and a smaller guy is not 'classic'..it's humiliating to the league and Boston and harkens to the broad street bullies.....I guess you'd call Dave Shultz beating on NY's Dale Rolfe 'classic' hockey? So..no excuses from us because there's always another game...tell lucic we're getting laracque back...hahahahaha.....does thornton, boychuk, mcquaid and lucic ever fight the flyers? just wondering......cheers!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In Response to Re: Latest Habs fans Excuses!:
    In Response to Latest Habs fans Excuses! : Honestly...in a boxing match two pugilists are there for the sole purpose of fighting...in hockey it's the same credo. What Boston demonstrated was a lack of professional respect chasing and beating on guys who are either rookies or don't fight. Price and Pouliot demonstrated class and respect, boston didn't and other then mtl haters and boston fans, everyone is saying the same thing. So where is the satisfaction there? Remember whose protecting the Bruins from suspensions is Campbell's father, the ever useless Colin. Years of losing to the Habs took it's toll......it's a wake-up call for sure. The league did make moves to ban goon hockey but what they say and what they do are two different concepts...ie: see colin campbell and his punishments. So March is looming and another 'classic' approaches. Beating the crap out of non-fighters [big bad tom pyatt and mad dog spacek] and a smaller guy is not 'classic'..it's humiliating to the league and Boston and harkens to the broad street bullies.....I guess you'd call Dave Shultz beating on NY's Dale Rolfe 'classic' hockey? So..no excuses from us because there's always another game...tell lucic we're getting laracque back...hahahahaha.....does thornton, boychuk, mcquaid and lucic ever fight the flyers? just wondering......cheers!
    Posted by montrealrules

Aren't there any Mtl based forums you can feed that crap to? Mtl players have been running their mouths for the longest time and never assuming accountability (Lapierre, Subban to name 2). Eventually, what goes around comes around.... And it did! You're right about Spacek not being a fighter but neither is the guy who destroyed him (Boychuk). You don't hear anyone complaining that Pouliot dropped Krejci because DK chose to fight!! Besides, if PK would back up all his talking instead of hiding behind a linesman, all this probably would never have happened! DON'T LET YOUR MOUTH WRITE CHECKS YOUR FISTS CAN'T CASH!! 

As for Colin Campbell, if he's protecting the Bruins, where was he when our top player was hit by Cooke.... or do you simply refer to whatever is useful to try and make a point....... that clearly ins't there!!

I'm sorry that our team is bigger and that we use our size. That's just too bad for you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Latest Habs fans Excuses! : Honestly...in a boxing match two pugilists are there for the sole purpose of fighting...in hockey it's the same credo. What Boston demonstrated was a lack of professional respect chasing and beating on guys who are either rookies or don't fight. Price and Pouliot demonstrated class and respect, boston didn't and other then mtl haters and boston fans, everyone is saying the same thing. So where is the satisfaction there? Remember whose protecting the Bruins from suspensions is Campbell's father, the ever useless Colin. Years of losing to the Habs took it's toll......it's a wake-up call for sure. The league did make moves to ban goon hockey but what they say and what they do are two different concepts...ie: see colin campbell and his punishments. So March is looming and another 'classic' approaches. Beating the crap out of non-fighters [big bad tom pyatt and mad dog spacek] and a smaller guy is not 'classic'..it's humiliating to the league and Boston and harkens to the broad street bullies.....I guess you'd call Dave Shultz beating on NY's Dale Rolfe 'classic' hockey? So..no excuses from us because there's always another game...tell lucic we're getting laracque back...hahahahaha.....does thornton, boychuk, mcquaid and lucic ever fight the flyers? just wondering......cheers!
    Posted by montrealrules

Montreal is made up of a bunch p ussies...they finally paid the price for their shyte on Wednesday night. You come on here to cry because.....your team can't compete with the big boys. Way I see it the habs can't play between the whistles..they resort to the stick work and cheap garbage, then hide behind the ref( Subban ) . Sorry pal it finally caught up to your Timbits hockey club

BOO!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

Mtl shows lack of professional respect everytime they run their mouth or take a cheap shot and then hide behind the "well we're not fighters".  Well unfortunately that usually works but it got them in trouble this time.  cross checking chara in overtime after you score is simply not a good idea.  Maybe they'll think twice next time before they pretend to be tough.  Subban might as well have been punching his own players as it was directly tied to him what happened.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

If you watch the videos Spacek was a willing combatant with Boychuck. It's his own fault he got his @$$ whooped. Go spread your hate somewhere else. I don't go trolling you Habs boards. And good for Thornton going after Hamrlik after he shot the puck after the whistle.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

Posted by montrealrules

I'm sorry, but is every Habs fan on this planet just out-of their-minds, delusional, bat-s**t crazy?????

What everyone outside of "mtl haters and boston fans" is saying about Wed. night is not about Boston's lack of class, but ironically of Montreal's and how the team got exactly what it deserves. Andrew Ference was willing to fight with Travis Moen, Montreal's supposed "tough guy" but Hamirlik hid behind the referee's skirts to get away from Shawn Thornton. What would Habs fans have been saying about Ference had he acted the way Hamirlik did? My God, the man is an NHL defenseman who plays the most physical position in the game. Honestly, I would truly be embarassed to be a Canadiens fan after Wed. night.

The NHL has never been advocating trying to get rid of fighting. They were  trying to get rid of "stage fighting"  and "enforcers" like Marty McSorely (or Georges Laraque if that example is more familiar to you)...players who had no   business lacing up skates and were there to protect players like Gretsky who wouldnt fight for themselves like Bobby Orr could. No one from the Bruins lineup falls under that definition at all. Habs fans love to target Lucic for being a "pugilist" but he's the Bruins leading goal scorer. As the other poster said, no one feels sorry in Boston for what happened to Krecji because he dropped the gloves. I'd take his bloody lip from Pouliot a million times over before Id accept the BS that Subban tried to pull, or Hamirlik cowering like a child.

And FYI, Colin Campbell has nothing to do with disciplinary actions re: Bruins games because his son plays for our team and its a conflict of interest. Chiarelli brought him here just for that because he chose to not suspend Matt Cooke after he leveled Marc Savard (he sure does love the Bruins, huh?). God you people really are rejects.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Posted by montrealrules

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  Change your diaper!

Greg Campbell is a Killer!!!!  A real modern day Schultz!!!  LOL again!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

If you watch the videos Spacek was a willing combatant with Boychuck. It's his own fault he got his @$$ whooped. Go spread your hate somewhere else. I don't go trolling you Habs boards. And good for Thornton going after Hamrlik after he shot the puck after the whistle.
    Posted by callodthedom19

Another little tidbit from the game.....after the Marchand hit on Wisneiski , he just stands there and watch's Gionta charge Marchand.....only then does Wisneiski try to engage Marchand.....boy that takes some stones...lol

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Latest Habs fans Excuses! : Another little tidbit from the game.....after the Marchand hit on Wisneiski , he just stands there and watch's Gionta charge Marchand.....only then does Wisneiski try to engage Marchand.....boy that takes some stones...lol
    Posted by Beezfan4life

Oh it sure does. I loved seeing Marchand side step Gionta and seeing him dive into the boards. I laughed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Leave them alone guys ...what would we do without the habs ,,its such a thrill when we beat them ......I love to hate them

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

I listened for a little while this afternoon, and the most ridiculous excuse for the Canadians loss to the Bruins, was that its all Scott Gomez's fault. I kid you not.. At least that is the opinion of the some of the folks at 990. According to them, Gomez lacks toughness, never wanted to be traded to MTL, and because of it, plays with a lack of fire in his belly, cannot handle the media scrutiny that comes with playing in MTL, and most importantly his negative attitude is trickling down to the other players and affecting the whole team. Therefore they should look to unload him.

What a bunch of crap.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

Gomez is a Hab until 2014.  Perfect.  More things for whiny Habs fans to complain about.  Bunch of crybabys.  Hope they take a nice long 5-game dive.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrynewyork. Show jerrynewyork's posts

Leave them alone guys ...what would we do without the habs ,,its such a thrill when we beat them ......I love to hate them Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011

what a dumb obsession. who cares about the Habs. a thrill ? the only thrill i want is the Bruins beating ? for the Stanley Cup.

Sections
Shortcuts