Lawsuit Finally Settled.......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Lawsuit Finally Settled.......

I'm not sure if many of you will remember former Bruin, Andrew McKim, but he's back in the news after finally having his lawsuit against Kevin Miller settled after almost 14 years. My fondest memory of him as a pro was when he went end to end to score against the Whalers in his first NHL game. Miller ended McKim's career with a vicious hit from behind. McKim is actually from my hometown so I grew up playing against him until he left to destroy the Q as a 16 year old. Good for him. I'm glad he finally got paid. It's insane that it took so long.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373

"wow,check out all of the losers in here......"

-Gerry Dee

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Lawsuit Finally Settled.......

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm not sure if many of you will remember former Bruin, Andrew McKim, but he's back in the news after finally having his lawsuit against Kevin Miller settled after almost 14 years. My fondest memory of him as a pro was when he went end to end to score against the Whalers in his first NHL game. Miller ended McKim's career with a vicious hit from behind. McKim is actually from my hometown so I grew up playing against him until he left to destroy the Q as a 16 year old. Good for him. I'm glad he finally got paid. It's insane that it took so long.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

Get lawyers involved and they can stretch anything out,more money for them. McKim as i remember didn't play for the B's that long?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

Get lawyers involved and they can stretch anything out,more money for them. McKim as i remember didn't play for the B's that long?

[/QUOTE]

Only 36 games for the Bruins over a 2 year period and then he got into 2 games for the Red Wings as well. His career started out promisingly enough as he had 4 points in his first 7 games. Then he got hit by Scott Stevens and broke his jaw. His career wasn't much after that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I wonder if it gets dragged out even longer on appeal. I hope this last judgment was the end of the road for the case.

The article mentioned that the Bertuzzi case is slated for trial in September. Almost 10 years just to get to trial.

Forgot about McKim and didn't know about the lawsuit. Played just 38 NHL games all but 2 with the B's. Looks like he did fairly well in Europe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

[QUOTE]

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/kevin-miller-ordered-to-pay-1-6m-for-career-ending-hit-1.2668373

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

14 years is a hell of a long time, dez. Wonder if Steve Moore's looking at that kind of time frame?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I know one thing,lawsuits take a long time.I was part of a group of employee's in 1998 who took on our employer at the time over  the improper elimination of employee positions, it wasn't about the fact that they abolished these positions,but about how they went about it,that caused us to take it to labor court. At any rate,the company fought it tooth and nail every step of the way and appealed every single decision that went against them that the labor judge made, including suggestions by the judge to have an amicable resolution instead of continuing along in court.The company of course refused even though they knew in the end that they would lose as you could see by the judges rulings that he was leaning in the employees favour.In the end,after they had exhausted every possible appeal available to them,the employer lost and had to settle with the employees,this was in 2012,which coincidentally is 14 yrs,the same as the McKim case. As a side note,the company was able to delay it long enough that some of the employees had passed away,so the company didn't have to settle with these employees as they were deceased.So the company did get a measure of satisfaction in their eyes.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

-Gerry Dee

Oh I remember him very well. I played against him in Midget when he was Bantam age playing for the Saint John Vito's. He lit me up like a Christmas tree (let the smart alec comments begin) I remember we had a French guy on our team & he was a fast skater, our coach put him against McKim to try and contain him, but he couldn't come close to Andrew. Andrew had a 5 point game, had 5 shots & scored on 4 of them. The one I stopped his stick broke and was a dribbler that almost trickled 5 hole. We lost the game 7-2.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

McKim used to tear up the minor leagues, never could get it going in the NHL though. Wasn't aware of the lawsuit though.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Will be interesting to see if this has any effect on the ongoing Bertuzzi-Moore trial...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

-Gerry Dee

[/QUOTE]

Oh I remember him very well. I played against him in Midget when he was Bantam age playing for the Saint John Vito's. He lit me up like a Christmas tree (let the smart alec comments begin) I remember we had a French guy on our team & he was a fast skater, our coach put him against McKim to try and contain him, but he couldn't come close to Andrew. Andrew had a 5 point game, had 5 shots & scored on 4 of them. The one I stopped his stick broke and was a dribbler that almost trickled 5 hole. We lost the game 7-2.  

[/QUOTE]

I saw McKim have many games like that Nite. I actually remember a game that we beat his team 9-8 while he had 6 goals and 2 assists. He was awesome but undersized.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm calling BS on this one.  As if you can remember McKim specifically out of the thousands of other players who did this.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm calling BS on this one.  As if you can remember McKim specifically out of the thousands of other players who did this.

[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe really,thousands of players light Nite up and he remembers one smallish sized player doing it. Nite's been sniffing too much gas fumes from these cleanups he's on.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm calling BS on this one.  As if you can remember McKim specifically out of the thousands of other players who did this

Bawhaaaa!  You rick with a capital P! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hard to believe really,thousands of players light Nite up and he remembers one smallish sized player doing it. Nite's been sniffing too much gas fumes from these cleanups he's on.

[/QUOTE]

You shut up before a use that 100 bucks to buy a Vancouver flag and place it on your front lawn. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!! BOOOHAAAAA!!