Lay Off FAT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Lay Off FAT!

I have said it a few times on different posts, but I think that we, as Bruins fans need to give Fat a break.  Too many have been all over this guy!  Power Forwards are struggling with this schedule.  The nature of that position looks like it is taking it's toll on these big bruisers moreso than their highly skilled counterparts.

Scott Hartnell: 24 games 4 G 3 A 7 PTS -4 58 PIMS 54 hits

David Clarkson: 40 games 13 G 8 A 21PTS -6 64PIMS 70 hits

Bobby Ryan: 41 games 10 G 18 A 28 PTS +5 17 PIMS 73 hits

Jarome Iginla: 37 game 10 G 16 A 26 PTS -6 22 PIMS 63 hits

Chris Stewart: 39 games 16 G 15 A 31 PTS +4 38 PIMS 36 hits

Wayne Simmonds: 37 games 12 G 13 A 25 PTS -13 72 PIMS 57 hits

Ryan Clowe: 31 games 2 G 13 A 15 PTS -2 91 PIMS 83 hits

Milan Lucic: 39 games 5 G 18 A 23 PTS +5 59 PIMS 122 hits

Milan Lucic will be the first person to say that he is not happy with his game, but the way that Bruins fans have turned on this guy is pretty bad in my opinion.  Of this group, he is tied for the lead in Assists and plus/minus and leads by a lot in the hits category.  I know that some of you don't like some of these stats, but from what I can tell Looch doesn't look out of place amongst this group of Power Forwards.  Please share stats if you can think of any other power forwards that I missed, but to me it is a reflection of the impact that the condensed schedule has had on this part of the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

Re: Lay Off FAT!

Its not that us/we B's fan hate Looch, we just know he can play better. We have all seen it, and Looch knows he can play better. I just hate some nights Looch has no emotion or doesn't feel like he should skate. He has made terrible passes that have lead to goals everytime. Most can agree that its a love hate relationship with Looch. He is a terrible girlfriend that shows spots of brilliance.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree, some games it appears that Fat is disinterested but when he has brought it he has been very effective and looked like his old self. I think where the problem arises is that some fans expected Fat to become the next Cam Neely and when they see him with 5 goals and not 25 they are disappointed and think he is having an off year or he is overpaid.While i would like to see more offensive production out of Lucic i think he has been affected by no training camp, not going anywhere to play during the lockout, and minimal recovery time from playing the physical game that he plays. All of these factors have played into Fats so-so season, but come playoff time i hope the KLH line brings it regularly like they did in the last Caps game.Lets hope ! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Cut down on the turnovers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

None of the players listed will be making elite money ($6 million) next season. Surely that kind of cash can buy more than 5 goals?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

None of the players listed will be making elite money ($6 million) next season. Surely that kind of cash can buy more than 5 goals?

Now we are going to judge him on next years contract?  He hasn't even received that first check.  So if next year he scores 50 does that make up for his lack of goal scoring this regular season? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

maybe Fat will get more than 5 goals, next season.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

Should Lucic have told his agent that $6 million was too much, go back to the drawing board, get that thing down to about $3.8.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to MeanE's comment:

Now we are going to judge him on next years contract?  He hasn't even received that first check.  So if next year he scores 50 does that make up for his lack of goal scoring this regular season? 

So suddenly he will just magically pick it up next year commensurate to his paycheck? Is that how you are suggesting he gauges his own effort?

He is about to get star money, he knows, it and the organization knows it. Yet going into his new contract he is severly underperforming which is a problem....especially with the cap contracting next season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

maybe Fat will get more than 5 goals, next season.

I would be happy if he just got one more this season.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

He certainly looks off.  But then, his 82-game pace is for 50 points.  A dip from the back-to-back 60 points he had the past two seasons, but also not so large an amount to be concerned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

So suddenly he will just magically pick it up next year commensurate to his paycheck? Is that how you are suggesting he gauges his own effort?

He is about to get star money, he knows, it and the organization knows it. Yet going into his new contract he is severly underperforming which is a problem....especially with the cap contracting next season.

The B's will cross that bridge when they get to it.If his play suffers again next year under the immense burden of a $6 mil a year contract, the Bruins can look at trading him and 29 teams will be lining up for his services.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

I have said it a few times on different posts, but I think that we, as Bruins fans need to give Fat a break.  Too many have been all over this guy!  Power Forwards are struggling with this schedule.  The nature of that position looks like it is taking it's toll on these big bruisers moreso than their highly skilled counterparts.

Scott Hartnell: 24 games 4 G 3 A 7 PTS -4 58 PIMS 54 hits

David Clarkson: 40 games 13 G 8 A 21PTS -6 64PIMS 70 hits

Bobby Ryan: 41 games 10 G 18 A 28 PTS +5 17 PIMS 73 hits

Jarome Iginla: 37 game 10 G 16 A 26 PTS -6 22 PIMS 63 hits

Chris Stewart: 39 games 16 G 15 A 31 PTS +4 38 PIMS 36 hits

Wayne Simmonds: 37 games 12 G 13 A 25 PTS -13 72 PIMS 57 hits

Ryan Clowe: 31 games 2 G 13 A 15 PTS -2 91 PIMS 83 hits

Milan Lucic: 39 games 5 G 18 A 23 PTS +5 59 PIMS 122 hits

Milan Lucic will be the first person to say that he is not happy with his game, but the way that Bruins fans have turned on this guy is pretty bad in my opinion.  Of this group, he is tied for the lead in Assists and plus/minus and leads by a lot in the hits category.  I know that some of you don't like some of these stats, but from what I can tell Looch doesn't look out of place amongst this group of Power Forwards.  Please share stats if you can think of any other power forwards that I missed, but to me it is a reflection of the impact that the condensed schedule has had on this part of the game.

Unless there's something going on with him we are unaware of (and I hope not), why lay off? He's been a shell of himself this year in all areas of his game. As of right now I'd take anybody on that list over him (can't believe I'd ever say that). Heck, Simmons and Hartnell leave it all on the ice each and every shift, regardless of the score. If nothing else, that's all any fan can ask for. Him lumbering around every shift, turning his cheek to everything, is hard to watch.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The B's will cross that bridge when they get to it.If his play suffers again next year under the immense burden of a $6 mil a year contract, the Bruins can look at trading him and 29 teams will be lining up for his services.

I agree 50. The original point of the thread is why some were bashing Lucic this season when his numbers are "relatively" the same as other so-called power forwards. To me it is because he is soon to be in"star territory" money-wise unlike the rest on the list and, thus, needs to step it up in my opinion.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He's not playing like he is capable of. Numbers are down. Way down. He should have more than 5 goals. Seems every game latley he coughs up the puck that leads to either a goal or a quality scoring chance. And you can now almost call it before it happens. Thats concerning.

The big thing is, okay, he's struggling offensivley, it happens, but where is the physical game and the legs moving?? That to me, equals effort. Why when Julien calls him out publicily (Horton too) before the Washington game do we all of a sudden see the Lucic that us Bruins fans absolutley love? Only to dissapear?

Only he knows the answer.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I agree 50. The original point of the thread is why some were bashing Lucic this season when his numbers are "relatively" the same as other so-called power forwards. To me it is because he is soon to be in"star territory" money-wise unlike the rest on the list and, thus, needs to step it up in my opinion.

For sure JMW, i for one want to see it on a consistent basis as do the rest of us.It is frustrating to watch, especially the blind passes that lead to turnovers. We can only speculate what the problem is and hopefully like i said can be his old self come playoff time. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

I'll wait to see if he's sluggish and/or disinterested in the playoffs before I write off his year.

He is far from the only one on this team palying unispired hockey.

Last night only Seguin, Bartkowski, and Doggypants looked like they had any legs at all.

No sense singling out Lucic

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I'm starting to think I preferred bachelor Lucic over married Lucic. 

Ya know marriage can affect your work...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Perhaps his wife removed that thorn in his paw?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

If only Komisarik was still playing, that usually got Fat going.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

Perhaps his wife removed that thorn in his paw?

He's still young and naive . I don't think he knew what he was getting into LOL

I'm sure he'll adjust to his new life,  eventually.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

He needs to get hs FAT a** moving more, stop his bromance with Horton, stop acting like he is a passer and not a shooter or FAT A** can hit the bricks. The easiest thing for Milan to do is throw hits, create space and head to the net but he is not doing it.

Not laying off FAT till he wakes up!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's forgot what him to the NHL.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I'm just sick of hearing him being called "Fat". It's not ironically funny nor is it factually funny. It's just stupid.

It's a rough schedule this year. It's a reason, not an excuse.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

I do not like the name Fat for LOOCH, he is a solid forward who has to find his game and he will but fat is insulting. There maybe problems we don't see and we all know he plays better angry. The whole Bruins team has to play better and it hurts the Bruins have the injuries they have and can't roll 4 good lines. All of these things have set the players back and in a short season they have no time to recover.

The Bruins are stuggling because they can't play the lines they want and the players they bring up are not ready. This hampers any 60 effort becuase the players are not on a set line most of the time and not in synk but they have little time to get it together for the playoffs.

Bruins may not do well in the playoffs this season because of the injuries and not enough time to get it together, but next season Looch will have a full training camp and be a better player. I hope he starts to play better going into the playoffs and the Bruins find a way to win, it is all up to the heart of the players and not just Looch.

Sections
Shortcuts