Lay Off FAT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Re: Lay Off FAT!

In response to BsLegion's comment:

I'm starting to think I preferred bachelor Lucic over married Lucic. 

Ya know marriage can affect your work...

Unfortunately -- I agree. I believe we also have a 3 month old Valentina at home as well. I know I'm never making bucks like that -- but for myself who has 2 young ladies now in their 30's -- My life at work certainly changed dramatically and I was never "on the road" like these guys. I'm hoping it's just temporary cultural shock -- so I'm willing to wait this out for the long haul.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I said this be4 in a thread that I started about his play. A part of me has to believe there's something personally affecting him. When he left Winnipeg; he went back to Boston, not Vancouver for personal reasons. So unless his Mom is in Boston helping out with his new born. That tells me it's either his better half, or the baby there was/is an issue with. I can completely understand that having an impact. These athlete's are human beings & they have emotions as we do. The other thing that it could be a possibility is that the other teams just don't do anything enough to get Lucic enraged. In that Washington game, Henricks went after Horton all game. Not Milan, but I think the game plan backfired anyway, because that was Lucic's best game of the season. Henricks went after Horton, because he was the easier target, but it seemed to help Lucic, just as much as Horton. If it is personal I pray it all works out for him & his family. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Another dud of a game by Lucic! This guy needs to sit upstairs in the worse way! Why does he consisently throw the puck across the Bruins bluline? Does he not understand the concept that when it gets picked off the opposing team gets to come in the zone at full flight? Did he lose his hockey brain? Does he not give a kief about his mistakes? Miserable & terrible hockey being played by Lucic right now! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Another dud of a game by Lucic! This guy needs to sit upstairs in the worse way! Why does he consisently throw the puck across the Bruins bluline? Does he not understand the concept that when it gets picked off the opposing team gets to come in the zone at full flight? Did he lose his hockey brain? Does he not give a kief about his mistakes? Miserable & terrible hockey being played by Lucic right now! 

didn't register one hit and one of his two shots was a puck off his FAT a** and into the net....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

It appears that he doesn't have a clue as to how to play anymore. CJ needs to grow a pair and sit him for a few games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

It appears that he doesn't have a clue as to how to play anymore. CJ needs to grow a pair and sit him for a few games.

He never was a smart player.  I think his ego has gotten too big.  Grapes old saying " when a crusher becomes a rusher he soon becomes an usher".  

zero effort night after night.  i wouldnt be shocked if hes a major name in trade talks.  Id be calling edmonton and asking for yako.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Post-game interview had a somber Lucic talking about how he needs to find his game over the final 7 before the playoffs.

Good self-awareness on his part, he knows he's not getting it done. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

Post-game interview had a somber Lucic talking about how he needs to find his game over the final 7 before the playoffs.

Good self-awareness, but like Shupe said, zero effort. If you know your not getting it done, you should be working twice as hard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Good self-awareness, but like Shupe said, zero effort. If you know your not getting it done, you should be working twice as hard.

Might be that he is over-thinking things.  Confidence is low as well, can manifest itself with alot standing around.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Might be that he is over-thinking things.  Confidence is low as well, can manifest itself with alot standing around.

It seems kind of obvious at this point that he's not gonna play his way through this. It's been going on way too long. Give him a seat in the pressbox for a few games and let him look at the game from a different viewpoint. In all honesty, it's not like we're gonna miss what he brings now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Maybe he needs an 82 game schedule not to be fat ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

He never was a smart player.  I think his ego has gotten too big.  Grapes old saying " when a crusher becomes a rusher he soon becomes an usher".  

zero effort night after night.  i wouldnt be shocked if hes a major name in trade talks.  Id be calling edmonton and asking for yako.  

I'll b totally shocked if another team would want his 6 mill cap hit! The guy is playing like total garbage! Never thought he'd b this useless and more of a hinderence then a help foe this team! As I said the other day. He may as well be on the street asking for change. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

I got to watch half the game today instead of listening to it on the radio like usual.  If he has been playing like this for most of the season, Goucher and Beers have been too kind in their descriptions of his play.  He was incredibad. 

Lucic needs to turn things around in a big way, or the Chiarelli would be lucky to get anything of value in return for him this summer.  Can a team get an amnesty buyout on a contract that hasn't taken effect yet?

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

While I thought there was too much standing around in his game again, there were a few glimpses of his pressure forecheck that created a few turnovers.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to ipotnyc's comment:

I used to apologize for this guy.  I give up.  He got his Cup ring; he got his big contract.   You ever think the answer is the easiest asssumption? = no real incentive.

I wouldnt give up on him.  Hes still very young.  Hes a fantastic mix that you just dont see.  For some reason hes having a bad year.  The spark and mean streak seem gone.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Ithought he played well the first period,not just because puck hit him and went in,he was skating,getting in front of net,then he went back to his usual game,and he forgets what directions north and south are

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good take, Milan can still right his ship during the new season called the playoffs.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I understand when WE say, "Lucic needs to find his game". I can't fathom what he means when HE says it. "Yeah, I hope I can remember how to hit, fight in the dirty areas, stand in front of the net and cherry-pick some rebounds, I just hope I can remember how in the seven games before the playoffs."

WTF?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In response to Sportsnutty's comment:

I understand when WE say, "Lucic needs to find his game". I can't fathom what he means when HE says it. "Yeah, I hope I can remember how to hit, fight in the dirty areas, stand in front of the net and cherry-pick some rebounds, I just hope I can remember how in the seven games before the playoffs."

Yeah it's not like he figured it out in playoffs last year,and that's exactly the way he has played all year.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Your posts are horible baseball boy.  He is clearly in a funk but you don't give up on a player of his ability so quickly.  He has all the tools, it's just not working for him right now. 

Here's a baseball analogy for you - Dan Duquette and Roger Clemens - 162 wins after Duquette claimed Clemens was in "the twighlight of his career", including three 20 win seasons.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Still horrible but whatever.  If you can't handle someone criticizing your posts you shouldn't come here.  It comes with the territory.  Cheers.

Sections
Shortcuts