Leaders Getting Younger In NHL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Leaders Getting Younger In NHL

This article takes a look at the shift in the league towards younger players (i.e., Tavares, Hall, Stamkos, Landeskog) having massive leadership roles on their teams. 

There's a particular focus on Dallas' Tyler Seguin who'll be counted on to be their lead hand.  Seguin says his Boston success has made him a more determined player.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/08/22/tyler_seguin_gets_chance_to_be_biggest_star_in_dallas.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Leaders Getting Younger In NHL

Line of the article right here:

There were also whispers of a party lifestyle that may have contributed to the trade.

Whispers?  More like shouting from the roof tops.

Not to rehash all that we've discussed about Seguin here, but just because he was on the roster of a team that went to 2 Cup Finlas doesn't mean he has leadership skills.  That's like saying the janitor at Microsoft belongs in the boardroom.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Line of the article right here:

There were also whispers of a party lifestyle that may have contributed to the trade.

Whispers?  More like shouting from the roof tops.

Not to rehash all that we've discussed about Seguin here, but just because he was on the roster of a team that went to 2 Cup Finlas doesn't mean he has leadership skills.  That's like saying the janitor at Microsoft belongs in the boardroom.

hang, I'd imagine his rep preceeds him into Dallas.  Perhaps he felt some level of surprise and disappointment in being swapped after arriving with a lot of expectations and then showing his top-flight capabilities in spots.  Only time will tell if he'll become a leader approaching the likes of Tavares, Stamkos, Hall and Landeskog. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Seguin might very well use this as motivation and become a grown-up, but there's nothing to say that he would have done the same in black & gold and the connection to other actual young leaders is absurd. I don't mind the first half of the article, but that second half conenction is just plain bizarre.

Oh, and it's like the writer has never heard of Jamie Benn.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Personally I'm hoping that TS was just experiencing growing pains while here in Boston, and that he goes on to have a great career  If I were lucky enough to have won a Cup at age 19, I'm pretty sure there would have been some heavy duty partying going on as well.

But when we talk about true leadership qualities, he really hasn't shown any - just watch his first press conference with the Stars and you can tell he still doesn't quite get it.  Well, he's now going to get his opportunity because they are clearly counting on him to lead the way.  It will be interesting to see if he has what it takes.  But to me, his personality does not seem to be one of a leader, as I wonder if players will look to him when the going gets tough - like our team looks to Fat.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to hangnail's comment:

Personally I'm hoping that TS was just experiencing growing pains while here in Boston, and that he goes on to have a great career  If I were lucky enough to have won a Cup at age 19, I'm pretty sure there would have been some heavy duty partying going on as well.

But when we talk about true leadership qualities, he really hasn't shown any - just watch his first press conference with the Stars and you can tell he still doesn't quite get it.  Well, he's now going to get his opportunity because they are clearly counting on him to lead the way.  It will be interesting to see if he has what it takes.  But to me, his personality does not seem to be one of a leader, as I wonder if players will look to him when the going gets tough - like our team looks to Fat.

And Lurch.  And Bergeron.  And Kelly. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to asmaha's comment:

Seguin might very well use this as motivation and become a grown-up, but there's nothing to say that he would have done the same in black & gold and the connection to other actual young leaders is absurd. I don't mind the first half of the article, but that second half conenction is just plain bizarre.

Oh, and it's like the writer has never heard of Jamie Benn.

asmaha, I thought the same thing.  Isn't Benn their best player?  Seguin arrives with the potential to be the go-to guy. 

Sections
Shortcuts