P. KesselTOR6
    D. PhaneufTOR6
    S. GagneLAK6

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRJ7. Show BRJ7's posts

Re: Leading the NHL in.........

Thanks for posting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

This is awesome as hopefully it shows that Tyler has emerged from CJ's school of hard knocks with an A.  I think his favourite player growing up was Steve Yzerman who was a great two way player.  He has a long way to go to be like Yzerman but at 19 it seems that he is headed in the right direction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Leading the NHL in.........:
    [QUOTE]This is awesome as hopefully it shows that Tyler has emerged from CJ's school of hard knocks with an A.  
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

That would be nice but I can't put a great deal of stock in those stats just yet since Kessel and Phaneuf are on the list.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You saw what a positive impact he had in pre-season.  So sure of himself going into the offensive zone . 
    We all knew he had the raw talent , now coming together and it shows.
    I wonder how much all this has to do with the playoffs last season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

+/- is the worst statistic in hockey IMHO.

CJ is a great coach when it comes to defensive sets and I think that helps a lot (didn't Kessel have +30 something one year?). 

Also PP does not factor into +/- (unless you're scored on).

A player makes a bone-head giveway (sometimes known has a 'Komiserak') then the rest of the line takes a minus.  I don't think it's an accurate indicator most of the time.  Having said that, I do think it means more for defensemen though as the last line of defense.  I am generally impressed with dmen that have high plus ratings like Chara has had historically.

I never liked this statistic.

Regardless, I think Seguin has been one of the better Bruins thus far and justifying his credentials coming into the league as a 2nd overall pick.

Kessel will NOT be one of the top + guys by end of the year and I can't imagine Phaneuf will be either although he plays 25+ minutes every game.

Time will tell.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

I would express a word of caution and state that "you can't have it both ways".  If you look at the Bruins' overall struggles out of the gate, dismiss them as a short-term phenomenon and state: "it's not a long-term situation, it's only been 9 games", then you must say the same about positive trends, like Tyler's great start.  It could be just that -- a great start.  Consistency is the hallmark of great players.  Don't annoint him the next Stevie Y quite yet.

However, I must agree that his play thus far has been impressive.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neecic. Show Neecic's posts

[QUOTE]I would express a word of caution and state that "you can't have it both ways".  If you look at the Bruins' overall struggles out of the gate, dismiss them as a short-term phenomenon and state: "it's not a long-term situation, it's only been 9 games", then you must say the same about positive trends, like Tyler's great start.  It could be just that -- a great start.  Consistency is the hallmark of great players.  Don't annoint him the next Stevie Y quite yet. However, I must agree that his play thus far has been impressive.
    Posted by 49-North[/QUOTE]

Or you could say he's done it despite their poor start.  He's almost halfway to his point total of last year, pretty promising start.  Who do the Canucks have coming up the pipeline that have lots of promise, is Hodgson their future?  Not being a d**k, just curious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leading the NHL in......... : Or you could say he's done it despite their poor start.  He's almost halfway to his point total of last year, pretty promising start.  Who do the Canucks have coming up the pipeline that have lots of promise, is Hodgson their future?  Not being a d**k, just curious.
    Posted by Seabasshole[/QUOTE]

They're giving Hodgson every chance to succeed, and he may still, but I think the consensus is that his progress has been much slower than expected.  He basically missed an entire season with that back injury, so perhaps his ascendency is just delayed a bit.  To me, he looks a bit better every time I see him play (and I'll surprise everyone by admitting that I don't get to watch every game); he's been an elite competitor at every level, so I'm hoping that he'll be able to make the jump.

Their 2011 pick, Nicklas Jensen, looks very good;  decent size (6'2 - 202 for an 18-yr old), great wheels, and good hockey sense.  Schroeder is still a wait-and-see;  he's got fabulous wheels, but not great finish.  On D, I thought Corrado looked pretty good for an 18-yr old -- plays with poise, makes a smart first pass, but needs to bulk up a bit. I think they have  a future solid NHL goalie in Eddie Lack.

Sections
Shortcuts