Leaf fan take on the game tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Leaf fan take on the game tonight

Grabovski was incredible tonight.  I'd be the first to admit that I wanted him gone at the beginning of the season, but the guy is a warrior.  He got clocked at least twice by Chara and came back with a the winning goal.

Thomas had a bad night.  He should have not let the last goal in, nor the 2nd Kessel goal.  Haven't seen Thomas play this bad for awhile.  He's been great all year, so he may need some rest.

Kessel, one has to  admit, had a good game for once against the Bruins.  Doesn't forgive his last 13 games without a goal, but at least he made a difference tonight.  The good, the bad and the ugly when it comes to kessel.

I don't want to hear anything about Chara playing badly.  The guy is a beast out there and any team would love to have him.  He rocked a few Leafs tonight.  He was a bit slow, but you can't be great every night.  He deserves a mulligan in my opinion.

Lucic was great tonight. Best Bruin player all night.   Should have had a couple of goals at least.  Krecji was also good.  Can't say Horton was though.....he was invisible all night.  Bergeron scored a great goal, definitely my favorite Bruin.

Bruins 4th line is a good energy line.  Not sure why there are so many posts against that trio.  They may be the best 4th line in the league, as good as most teams 3rd line.

Bruins need someone to man their powerplay.  I don't know what Bruin fans think of Kaberle, but he would be great in Boston. 

Haven't seen much of Seguin this year, but if he's been playing like he showed tonight, he needs a bit more seasoning to compete at the NHL level.  Looks way too tentative out there.  I don't like how the Bruins handled him this year.  Should have gone back to the OHL after 9 games.  He is going to be great, but he's just not ready yet as an 18 year old.  And, he burns 1 year on his RFA status.

Bruins had a bad game and the Leafs played over their heads in this one.

Reimer looks like the real deal in net though.

Regards

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Leaf fan take on the game tonight

Good post Leaf fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Good summation and I would add that Kessel absolutely undressed Ference on the tying goal and Seids looked like he forgot to take his skateguards off on the winner - both of which rarely happen.  And no question PP and Horton are issues.  We'll see what happens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Good take LRH I agree that Kaberle's numbers would be better on the Bs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

I agree with most of your post.

The part about Seguin, I don't know if you were referring to tonights game, but I thought Tyler was one of the better Bruins tonight. Working hard, getting to the dirty areas, drawing penalties from hustle plays. 
    Goodsee him get rewarded with a nice 3rd period benching. Attaboy Claude.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The fact is still that a AHL team on the road schooled the Bs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

I think a loss to the Leafs is what pulls the trigger on a deal.  Watch.  Done by Friday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

4th scored first fluky goal, gave 1 back.

Cj picks worst time to play them, after tv timeout(again and again), against Kess line and they had sustained pressure -2 posts, led to Seid penalty and Kess tying goal on PP.

Every time the Bruins were on the run Thorn was out there, drives me crazy.

Pail, March, Luc, and Krej score on beauty opportunities this was over early.

Seen Reimer in a few games and he has been the highlight for the Leafs when he plays.

Opposite on Seg, his best game in a while, keeps playing like this (not on the peripheral) and good things are going to happen, Cj needs to play him more than 12 mins.

PP. Rec is so bad on point and yet is contributor to last 3 PP goals, by headmanning to Ryder, yet his inability to hold it in most times, makes you laugh watching him scoot back to get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Thanks for a respectful post and not some crazy rant. The only part I really disagree with is when you said Lucic and Krejci had good games... I think both were soft along the boards, they were positionally sound but lacked finish.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

LRH - Welcome back!  The Leafs deserved to win because for the most part tonight, they were the better team.  End of story.  The Bruins can and have played better. 

Even with this 3-game skid, they couldn't be where they are in the standings without some form of skill, talent and coaching.  Let's not forget they endured a team record (?) 10 game winless bout that could have sunk a lot of clubs.  If anything, I think what bugs most Bruin supports is not so much the losses but how they lost. 

I'm recalling that shift in the third where the Leafs made the Bruins look like manequins in their own end, seemingly standing idly by while Kessel, Grabovski and co. took turns seeing who could hit the post the most.  Credit the Leafs for that display and the Bruins ably assisted.  Let's hope the road continues its mostly good fortune for the B's.  Cheers, buddy.