Leafland Reaction

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Leafland Reaction

Wow, they are acting like Colbourne is going to be a Joe Thornton and Boston's first round pick is like the one they gave up to the B's (Seguin)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Re: Leafland Reaction

I have loved reading their reactions. They will soon find out Colbourne won't be better than Wheeler and that 1st rd pick might never see the NHL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Leafland Reaction:
    [QUOTE]Wow, they are acting like Colbourne is going to be a Joe Thornton and Boston's first round pick is like the one they gave up to the B's (Seguin)
    Posted by mattbs[/QUOTE]

It's total comedy.  They're believing that his size is important and that his skills are going to develop amazingly.  If so, hey, good luck to them.

I doubt it, however.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Interestingly enough - those observations are exactly the same as what I've seen coming from the Bruins fans who are crying Chiarelli gave up too much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinnsWake. Show FinnsWake's posts

Colbourne = Wheeler lite, if that's possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Leafland Reaction:[QUOTE]Interestingly enough - those observations are exactly the same as what I've seen coming from the Bruins fans who are crying Chiarelli gave up too much. Posted by BuzzardBoots[/QUOTE]

Yes Buzzard I was reading your comments on the bruins blog yesterday good job defending the moves. Meh can't wait for the Sox season to start so the pink hats go whine and cry about JD Drew on the Red Sox board...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuzzardBoots. Show BuzzardBoots's posts

Thanks SDB!  Some of the comments were very reminiscent of Sox fans and their entitlement... hopefully, some of these interim Bruins fans will be pre-occupied once the Sox season kicks in and it will help clear out a lot of the white noise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

I remember watching the draft that day , and the first thing that was said about Colborne was, could this kid be motivated enough to be an NHLER...knowing that he comes from a family of incredible wealth, ( rich oil barons from Alberta ). I said to several of my Leaf buddies, that Joes chances of cracking the Bruins lineup due to an over abundance at center, was going to be slim at best.......needless to say they they started saying stuff like, this kid is going to be the next superstar in the league, ala Joe Thornton. my reply was...up until today none of you fools even knew who this kid was , the one that did know of him, told me 6 months ago he was a bust....but now that he is a Leaf....just watch him blossom !  Right now we have the best player that was involved this trade...hands down! Colborne is nothing more than a prospect.....and by all accounts , not progressing to what was envisioned of him when he was drafted.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

During on of THE FAN 590's updates last night at the conclusion of the Bruin/Sens game, the opening comment was "He went pointless in his debut and was a minus 1 but Tomas Kaberle's new team defeated.." 

That struck me as being so Leaf-centric as if the expectation was so much higher for Kaberle, almost on the same plateau as Orr or Bourque.  Perhaps he should have had a hand in all four Bruin goals for his night to be judged as successful. 

Burke spent a good part of yesterday denying his team has thrown in the towel on making a playoff push even though he's only added Lupul to the big club.  Kaberle was the main puck-carrier on the Leafs so it should be interesting to see who inherits the job.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts