Leafs and Bruins game day thread.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Leafs and Bruins game day thread.

Thoughts and Ideas on about the game tonight.

I think this is has to be a statement game all around. Toronto is no push over like last year. They can skate, fight and score. By all means not a give me points for the Bruins. Go Bruins GO!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Leafs and Bruins game day thread.

It's just another game.  The "statement game" and the "revenge game" and the "label game" are all over played and over hyped by the media.  They're playing Toronto, a team that has three guys who can score, three guys that can find and a whole bunch of filler in between. 

And their goaltending is pitiful.

It's 100% possible that the B's lose tonight, simply because it's a hockey game. 

I won't be feeling any Game 7 pressure tonight, hoping that they B's do this or that or "make a statement".  I'm going to sit back in my new recliner and enjoy watching a hockey game.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's just another game.  The "statement game" and the "revenge game" and the "label game" are all over played and over hyped by the media.  They're playing Toronto, a team that has three guys who can score, three guys that can find and a whole bunch of filler in between. 

It's 100% possible that the B's lose tonight, simply because it's a hockey game. 

I won't be feeling any Game 7 pressure tonight, hoping that they B's do this or that or "make a statement".  I'm going to sit back in my new recliner and enjoy watching a hockey game.

I wouldn't go that far. I actually think their goaltending has been adequate for them this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

No, it is not a statement game (unless you are a Leaf fan) but based on the Buds almost blowing a very winnable game last night against the Baby Sens I say they should be ripe for an a**whopping.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

No, it is not a statement game (unless you are a Leaf fan) but based on the Buds almost blowing a very winnable game last night against the Baby Sens I say they should be ripe for an a**whopping.....

Right on!

I feel a goal explosion coming on for the Bruins. It was there for a while in Washington, but fizzed out.

A 7-8 goalada night soon.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Wheatskins' comment:

Right on!

I feel a goal explosion coming on for the Bruins. It was there for a while in Washington, but fizzed out.

A 7-8 goalada night soon.

Has to happen eventually and the Leafs are just the defense challenged team to help it along.....just stay away from McClaren's fists...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I wouldn't go that far. I actually think their goaltending has been adequate for them this year.

Adequate is the perfect word to describe how the Leafs goalies have played.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I'd say Reimer has been better than adequate. 9 wins in 12 starts. His GAA is 2.57 but his save pctg is 921. Faces a lot of shots but stops a lot too. I'm sitting him on my fantasy team tonight, but he has done well thus far.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to lambda13's comment:

I'd say Reimer has been better than adequate. 9 wins in 12 starts. His GAA is 2.57 but his save pctg is 921. Faces a lot of shots but stops a lot too. I'm sitting him on my fantasy team tonight, but he has done well thus far.

He's still prone to giving up the stinkers though Lam. Leafs tending is still sketchy to these eyes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Leafs 3rd game in 4 nights. Big advantage for Bruins here.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

leafs' 

knuckles will be sore. Mcclaren d stroyed some rookie last night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

He's still prone to giving up the stinkers though Lam. Leafs tending is still sketchy to these eyes.

I don't disagree, Rask is great, but he had a stinker too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

[/QUOTE]

I'd actually say that it's the only reason they are where they are. I'd say it's great goaltending, because their D is very suspect. 

I do agree that this isn't a Statement Game. It's just another in a 48 game schedule. Right now there is no real animosity between the 2 teams. The Leafs fans want to beat the Bruins for 2 reasons. They see the Bruins as the best team in the East and that is what they have to measure themselves against. Plus they want to beat the Bruins to show that they won the Kessel trade. That is foolish because it doesn't matter, of course. We won the Cup. I think the Bruins just look at the Leafs as a place to get 2 points.  

The callers on the Talk Radio are all about fighting, if the Bruins "want to play it that way". "Buffalo did it to them, and we will too" sort of thing. My guess is that there won't be much of it. Neither team can afford to waste the time or energy. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

Ok maybe statement not the word to use at this point in time, but a win by the leafs gives them a huge mind set seeing how they fared against us last year. Leafs playing back to back to not a sure win for the Bruins just look at Montreal the other night. Bruins need this win to get their mojo back and please stay out of the penalty box tonight. Looch and Chara no stupid penalties!! that plays into the leafs hand.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

I don't disagree, Rask is great, but he had a stinker too.

Lam, no goalies are perfect but some are more prone to imperfection than others. Reimer almost managed to lose last night as he seemed to be fighting the puck for much of the game. He will need to show me much better consistency before I'll put my trust in his skills but then again,I'm not Brian Burke.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to Ramz's comment:

Ok maybe statement not the word to use at this point in time, but a win by the leafs gives them a huge mind set seeing how they fared against us last year. Leafs playing back to back to not a sure win for the Bruins just look at Montreal the other night. Bruins need this win to get their mojo back and please stay out of the penalty box tonight. Looch and Chara no stupid penalties!! that plays into the leafs hand.

Back-to-back games after your team has had 2 days rest is not nearly as taxing as back-to-back games after your team has had only 1 days rest. Lots of teams win games under such scenarios.

While the Leafs might actually win tonight (doubt and hope not), betting against teams that are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, with the 3rd game being a back-to-back game (and the other team is not), is one of the better bets you can make in hockey.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

As much as it is played out, it seems impossible not to watch "the trade" showdown whenever these teams play.  

Hope that Seguin and Hamilton have big nights, and Kessel doesn't, so we can continue to tease our Toronto counterparts.

It's also funny when Rask does well.  There's so much to thank the Leafs for...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ramz. Show Ramz's posts

In response to Klaas' comment:

In response to Ramz's comment:

Back-to-back games after your team has had 2 days rest is not nearly as taxing as back-to-back games after your team has had only 1 days rest. Lots of teams win games under such scenarios.

While the Leafs might actually win tonight (doubt and hope not), betting against teams that are playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, with the 3rd game being a back-to-back game (and the other team is not), is one of the better bets you can make in hockey.

Lets hope so. I live just outside Toronto and I"m hearing bring on the Bruins already!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Not a statement game!?

My wife will be wearing her Leafs stuff and whooping it up when the Buds score...I will try to temper my joy because you know the saying, "Happy wife, happy life".

It would be nice to see the Bs score a couple of quick ones...then beat down the Orrs, MacLarens, etc when they try to push back...score a couple more goals...chase Reimer/Scrivens in the second period...quiet the TSN guys a bit...and hammer out a 5-1 victory.

Is that too much to ask?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

Not a statement game!?

My wife will be wearing her Leafs stuff and whooping it up when the Buds score...I will try to temper my joy because you know the saying, "Happy wife, happy life".

It would be nice to see the Bs score a couple of quick ones...then beat down the Orrs, MacLarens, etc when they try to push back...score a couple more goals...chase Reimer/Scrivens in the second period...quiet the TSN guys a bit...and hammer out a 5-1 victory.

Is that too much to ask?

The B's absolutely embarrassed this team a few times last year. No way the Buds are not looking for revenge tonight......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It'll be interesting to see if the B's play smart and angry tonight after being poked by CJ. There is no doubt the Leafs are not the Laffs anymore. I'd really enjoy it if the B's started abusing some defenses again. Tonight would be a perfect spot for it to happen. It starts from the back out though, The entire D corps has been uncharacteristically soft for a bit now.

Prediction 5-2 B's

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to seobrien's comment:

It'll be interesting to see if the B's play smart and angry tonight after being poked by CJ. There is no doubt the Leafs are not the Laffs anymore. I'd really enjoy it if the B's started abusing some defenses again. Tonight would be a perfect spot for it to happen. It starts from the back out though, The entire D corps has been uncharacteristically soft for a bit now.

Prediction 5-2 B's

I thought it was interesting when I was watching Bob McKenzie on TSN last night say that the Leafs record is identical(after 23-24gms) to last year's quick start and he is reserving judgement on just how much they have improved. Toronto media has be teased for years...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looks like Pandolfo is going to replace Bourque on the third line. This suggests CJ is more worried about shoring up that line's defence than trying to spark them offensively. Jay is not the long term answer, though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to Davinator's comment:

I thought it was interesting when I was watching Bob McKenzie on TSN last night say that the Leafs record is identical(after 23-24gms) to last year's quick start and he is reserving judgement on just how much they have improved. Toronto media has be teased for years...

It's funny, I saw that last night, too. This is the exact point where the Leafs went into their tailspin this year. From watching them, I do see a different team this year as opposed to past versions. I think they can and will end their playoff drought this year. They seem to be skating better and Carlyle certainly has them playing in a more sound structure. No more wide open entrance to all comers at their blue line. With that said, if the B's started to point them back into Laffs territory tonight, that would be just fine with me.

Sections
Shortcuts