Leafs Fire Burke

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Leafs Fire Burke

In response to red75's comment:

And we can say this season after Hamilton scores his first against the Laffs.

And then in the near future Seguin and Hamilton assisting on Jared Knights 1st goal at the ACC. Oh it just gets better n better...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I understand the idea of not bringing in someone from outside the Leaf organization to fill the GM role especially with the start of the season around the corner.  Nonis has worked with Burke for years.  Presumably sharing the same hockey philosophies in Vancouver and with the Leafs.  Wouldn't that suggest the team might be getting more of the same or at least similar direction from Nonis?

Just heard an interview on the fan590 with one of the 3 suits in the room ( Tom Anselmi )when Burke was fired.  

He didn't come straight out and say it but in a roundabout way he mentioned that the new board didn't think they could have a long term association with BB hinting on Burke's personality as the reason. Nonis ? Same hockey philosophies as Burke but without the noise. 

To follow the notion about Burke's personality perhaps playing a role in his dismissal Bob McCown, also on THE FAN 590 mentioned a tale he claimed was from a credible source.  Seems Burke and some board members were in a meeting seated around a table in an MLSE conference room last season.  Burke proceeded to lace his discourse with curse words to which he was told by a member: "We don't talk like that in here." 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I think the Leafs firing showed no class.  I bet it's one of those suits that have been sitting behind the bench for years and no nothing about hockey or it's culture. 

I'm not sticking for Burke because Bruins have had some success with their recent trades , I think he's a very good GM and hockey mind. He'll land back on his feet.  As for the Leafs I hope they don't make the playoffs for another 10 years !!!  Screw the Leafs and their corp, straight tie and suit wearing pigs .  (btw I am in a suit today but ....)

Maybe the University degree chumps didn't like a smart American running and telling them how to do things up in Taronno

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Rogers & Bell uncovered that  Burke was a double agent working for the Bruins.

The discovery was made after Burke lashed out with his Boston longshoreman's tirade to the new employers.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 49-North's comment:

Ken Dryden for Commish!

I wouldn't mind seeing that except please make Daley do ALL interviews! The guy is highly intelligent, but his drawn out voice is sooooooo boring!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from grizzlybear69. Show grizzlybear69's posts

Burke is still with the Laughs..he is their Harry Sinden.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

they were speculating on McCowan's show today that the suites wanted him to make the Luongo trade if Burke thought it meant making the playoffs. But Gillis wanted too much. Kadhri and Gardner. I can't blame Burkie for not making that trade and losing his job over it. No way Canucks deserve 2 good young prospects for essentially their backup goalie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to 49thparallel's comment:

they were speculating on McCowan's show today that the suites wanted him to make the Luongo trade if Burke thought it meant making the playoffs. But Gillis wanted too much. Kadhri and Gardner. I can't blame Burkie for not making that trade and losing his job over it. No way Canucks deserve 2 good young prospects for essentially their backup goalie.

But most of the pundits are speculating that ...........plain and simple ........the Leaf's new board just didn't like the man's style and personna. They wanted someone else to be representing the Leafs because of that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So the new inexperienced board, firing their GM this close to the start of the season, want a puppet then ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So the new inexperienced board, firing their GM this close to the start of the season, want a puppet then ?

That was also suggested by some. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I think the "suits" in the organization got tired of Burke having all the say. He only took the job  if he had full control of all hockey related matters. The Leafs as an organization has been pretty much run as a commitee since Ballard died up to when Burke took over. So, with BB having all the say & as much as I like BB as a hockey mind & think his work towards charites showed a lot of character. His arrogance was/is over the top. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

I think the "suits" in the organization got tired of Burke having all the say. He only took the job  if he had full control of all hockey related matters. The Leafs as an organization has been pretty much run as a commitee since Ballard died up to when Burke took over. So, with BB having all the say & as much as I like BB as a hockey mind & think his work towards charites showed a lot of character. His arrogance was/is over the top. 

As a Bruins fan and a Leaf hater I did too.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

LOL, Well I liked him even before he helped the B's. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Burke is shocked according to reports.  With the CBA banter on the buyout negotiations ie. reported on Luongo clause, it sure looked as if he believed he was a long term on the team.  My my, looks like the a team gone awry!  Despite the negativity I still hold to the fact he will not be long unemployed.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

For those able to get it Burke has a press conference today at noon. 

A press conference of saying all the right things is expected from me. But boy, do I wish a switch went off in his head that said "F... it, I'm going to say what's on my mind ".

That would make for great tv.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

A press conference of saying all the right things is expected from me. But boy, do I wish a switch went off in his head that said "F... it, I'm going to say what's on my mind ".

Maybe Cherry can say something to help get him all riled up! lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

It's funny how things turn out. Cherry said that Burke tried to get MacLean and him fired by going to the CBC suits. 

I wonder how he's feeling about this ? 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

It's funny how things turn out. Cherry said that Burke tried to get MacLean and him fired by going to the CBC suits. 

Yea, I really have to wonder if the "suits" from the Leafs thought about what Grapes pointed out how the Province of ON produce the most Canadian hockey players, but the Leafs didn't have one player from the province on their team. Well Kadri is, but Cherry was out raged by how Wilson & Burke treated him. All Americans, or European. Ya think that had  a tiny bit of an impact on this decision Chowda? Was it a coincidence, or planned that Burke did this? 

For those who aren't familar with the story between Cherry & Burke. Take a look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEQF0Pts4aY

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

To answer your question Chowda.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2013/01/09/sp-nhl-brian-burke-firing-don-cherry-tweets.html

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

The talk around Toronto  is him and Hazel Mae had a thing and he  knocked her up lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Got it right here, Chowda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u28I6faWuU&feature=share&list=UUbrOpxWGY5sJ5Eh1xXFwQlA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6u28I6faWuU&feature=share&list=UUbrOpxWGY5sJ5Eh1xXFwQlA

This is what I had hoped for . LOL

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

GOLD JERRY, GOLD !!!!

Sections
Shortcuts