Leafs game a must WIN!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

Leafs game a must WIN!!

Come on boys time to get this ship right and it starts tomorrow night with the leafs... We need to show why we are Stanley Cup Champs and a hangover can only last for so long, so tired of my buddies from TO calling and texting me that there still undefeated in regulation.

There is nothing I would love to se more than a serious blow out .. make me proud nad show some heart and beat the blue and white till there black and gold !!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

Re: Leafs game a must WIN!!

a win would be great, but the 7th game of the season is hardly a must-win.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

This will be the 1st in what will become 18 must win games this season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs game a must WIN!!:
    [QUOTE]This will be the 1st in what will become 18 must win games this season.
    Posted by 50belowzero[/QUOTE]
    18? good one... more like 76! some posters think the bruins should be 82-0 every year. with each and every loss the lines should be changed, the coach should be fired and the gm replaced. i'll wait until spring to use the phrase "must win"... a time when it may actually apply. hopefully not, as i expect them to go 77-5 this year and set an nhl record for regular season points!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Blowout win? How about we score 2 goals in regulation and maybe get a powerplay goal before we  are worrying about winning with style points.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

[QUOTE]Blowout win? How about we score 2 goals in regulation and maybe get a powerplay goal before we  are worrying about winning with style points.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]

Can't argue that point, this team is snakebitten right now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs game a must WIN!! : Can't argue that point, this team is snakebitten right now.
    Posted by jpBsSoxFan[/QUOTE]

Tonight is break out night.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

You can't say "must win", but they desperately need this game, no doubt.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

It's not must win but it's certainly must show up.

Play 60 minutes, and get a couple PP goals and I'd be happy.

And shut down Kessel.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]It's not must win but it's certainly must show up. Play 60 minutes, and get a couple PP goals and I'd be happy. And shut down Kessel.
    Posted by SomethingBrewin[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is not a must win game but as you said it is a must show up game.  If they do shiow up they should win.  The leafs played last night so the Bruins should be able to take advantage of that.  As well the leafs have only played one decent hockey team and that resulted in an ot loss to Colorado.   They have played struggling teams in Montreal and Calgary and weak teams in Ottawa and Winnipeg.  If the Bruins play there typical solid defensive game with some intensity, the leafs should be ripe for the picking.  If they don't win perhaps the Bruins have to be put into the struggling category with the Flames and Habs.  If they lose, it is too early to panic but with the parity in the league they can't allow themselves to fall more than 4-6 points out of the last play-off spot.  Making up close to 10 points in the standings, often with many teams to leap-frog, can be tough.  No matter what happens as a Bruins fan, I have last year's Cup victory to savour regardless of what happens this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stitchy4. Show Stitchy4's posts

Boys,

Must win should be refraised by me... I do believe this is a very big game tonight and that it would be a bigg confidence booster for this club to put a bunch of goal past Gustaavson ..... It is a must win in my eye's my best friend here in Vancouver is a Leaf fan and there would be nothing more I would like to do than show a win down his throat.... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

[QUOTE]a win would be great, but the 7th game of the season is hardly a must-win.
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]
    Probably not a must win but this conference,is going to be very tight,and dropping to 2 and 5,and getting in hole they might not get out of.I no my self that im not really into it yet kind of waiting for play offs to start again,can't blame players for maybee feeling a little bit like that,but there are some teams playing much better this year,i really hope Bruins aren't another cup winner than not make playoffs next season

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Little early for a must win but I'd like to see them score the 1st goal of the gm and they need to take the body and play smart hockey. Simple plays guys. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

No such thing as a must win in October, unless they were still seeking their first win, then every game up to that point would be a must win. I am interested to see how they come out tonight, I get your point.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Right now, I like what I'm seeing.

Krejci is just a wonder to watch.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Krejci = most valuable forward on this team.

I'll win you people over on this one.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Krejci = most valuable forward on this team. I'll win you people over on this one.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]
    Not if he gives Grabo another breakaway pass.......

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I think tonight's game is essential in terms of using it to help the Bruins continue to find their form on a more consistent basis. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

They were very sloppy last 6 mins of that period.

They can't sit on their hands, get another goal.

And learn how to clear the puck from your own zone...we took that last penalty because we got stuck........twice!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

Both wins are against teams that played the previous night.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]Both wins are against teams that played the previous night.  
    Posted by Babajingo[/QUOTE]

They have three wins Einstein.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Somebody (not me) commented that they could easily see the Bruins at 4-4 after 8 games right after the Lightning win.  Whoever that was is a decent effort against the Sharks away from being right on the nose.

They've had lingering effects of playing good goaltenders - hopefully the Gimme Gustafsson will have them loose for SJ.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs game a must WIN!! : They have three wins Einstein.
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]

Guess I should have been more specific.  I meant the two regular/real wins.  Chicago was a shootout win.

And thanks for the compliment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs game a must WIN!! : Guess I should have been more specific.  I meant the two regular/real wins.  Chicago was a shootout win. And thanks for the compliment.
    Posted by Babajingo[/QUOTE]

No problem.  So are these the 2 points you are making:

1.  The B's wouldn't have won those 2 "real" games if their opponents had the previous night off, and

2.  Shootout wins aren't really wins

If these aren't your points, please clarify because if not, I'm obviously confused.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Babajingo. Show Babajingo's posts

I just wanted to point out the coincidence (sp?).  That's all.
    Usually, teams are tired on the second consecutive night playing.  Maybe those games were a bit easier because of this?  

I just don't like shootout wins. They aren't team orientated, like the rest of the game.  

Sections
Shortcuts