Leafs got Aaron Voros

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Leafs got Aaron Voros

Aaron Voros from the Ducks ...6'3'' 210lbs over 100PIM ...before coming to Boston ...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Re: Leafs got Aaron Voros

In Response to Leafs got Aaron Voros:
    [QUOTE]Aaron Voros from the Ducks ...6'3'' 210lbs over 100PIM ...before coming to Boston ... Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

This is hardly news worthy.  He's already been assigned to the Marlies and it cost the Leafs a 7th round pick

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

they just got him??? likely means he wont be dressed tonight?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Who?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs got Aaron Voros:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Leafs got Aaron Voros : This is hardly news worthy.  He's already been assigned to the Marlies and it cost the Leafs a 7th round pick
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

I think its actually news worthy because I think Burke might have lost his mind.

no points in 12 games with the Ducks.

no points in 2 games in the ahl.

ufa at the end of the season.

The 7th round pick is worth way more than that and a 7th round pick is worth next to nothing.

Is there any reason in the world to have done this deal?

Actually only one guess that I can think of, they are going to deal Colton Orr and Voros will take his spot?

And Colton Orr is useless...  but the Habs could use him...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]they just got him??? likely means he wont be dressed tonight?
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

No, he's been assigned to the Marlies right off.  If he plays tonight it will be in the AHL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I woulnd be surprised to see the habs getting Colton Orr...after the last game against the B's I heard in Mtl that they are shopping for a tough guy ...they want to be ready for the next game March 8th in Mtl (I've got my tickets for that game) for whoever is coming to Mtl that date I would be willing to trade my tickets for tickets at the Garen on April 2nd

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs got Aaron Voros : I think its actually news worthy because I think Burke might have lost his mind. no points in 12 games with the Ducks. no points in 2 games in the ahl. ufa at the end of the season. The 7th round pick is worth way more than that and a 7th round pick is worth next to nothing. Is there any reason in the world to have done this deal? Actually only one guess that I can think of, they are going to deal Colton Orr and Voros will take his spot? And Colton Orr is useless...  but the Habs could use him...
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

7th round pick is worth way more than that?  Are you kidding me?  They should stop picking players after the 6th round, maybe 5th round.  Once you get past round 3 (and that is debateable) you fill out your minor league team(s).  You might get lucky, especially in years past when European players weren't scouted as well as they are now, but 7th rounders are pretty much minor league fill-ins at best

They needed a tough guy to help out the AHL team.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Many marginal trades, like this, are made to help the minor league team

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I woulnd be surprised to see the habs getting Colton Orr...after the last game against the B's I heard in Mtl that they are shopping for a tough guy ...they want to be ready for the next game March 8th in Mtl (I've got my tickets for that game) for whoever is coming to Mtl that date I would be willing to trade my tickets for tickets at the Garen on April 2nd Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]
    Colton Orr's best days are behind him.  He was good as what he did, but he's taken too many shots to the head and is currently out with another concussion.

Don't think there is much of a market for him.

Leafs will be looking for a new enforcer in the off-season, I would think.

Sections
Shortcuts