Leafs looking to Shore up Goaltending: Enter Luongo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Leafs looking to Shore up Goaltending: Enter Luongo

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=394262

Luongo will be a Leaf by July 1 in my opinion.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Leafs looking to Shore up Goaltending: Enter Luongo

I'd like to see Roberto in Montreal.  Trade Carey Price for Bruin killer Ward and a pick.  And hire Pierre Maguire as coach and GM.  That would work for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

I'm not sure Luongo is the answer for the Leafs; but it couldn't be worse than the goaltending we had again this year.

I guess it depends on what they have to give up.

If we could unload Komi and any combination of Lombardi, Connelly, Armstrong etc.  I'd be okay with it.

Leafs have many holes and taking on another bad contract without sending the equivalent back to Vancouver doesn't make much sense to me.

Burke isn't a fan of these front-loaded long-term contracts, but what he says and what he does isn't always consistent Smile

I think the contract is a deterrent and I don't see Luongo as a Tier 1 goaltender anymore.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs looking to Shore up Goaltending: Enter Luongo:
    [QUOTE]I'm not sure Luongo is the answer for the Leafs; but it couldn't be worse than the goaltending we had again this year. I guess it depends on what they have to give up. If we could unload Komi and any combination of Lombardi, Connelly, Armstrong etc.  I'd be okay with it. Leafs have many holes and taking on another bad contract without sending the equivalent back to Vancouver doesn't make much sense to me. Burke isn't a fan of these front-loaded long-term contracts, but what he says and what he does isn't always consistent I think the contract is a deterrent and I don't see Luongo as a Tier 1 goaltender anymore.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

You would just be "okay" with  it?
    If I were you, I'd be rejoicing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

I don't think Burke makes this move. He has 10yrs left on his deal and Burke probably doesnt want to handcuff the next GM of the Leafs. I could see him going after Cam Ward though and stopping at nothing if thats the guy he's targeted.

You never know with Burke but what we do know he isnt affraid to make moves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

There now appears to be a surplus of starting goaltenders for next season in Washington, as well (although Vokoun is a UFA).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs looking to Shore up Goaltending: Enter Luongo : You would just be "okay" with  it? If I were you, I'd be rejoicing.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Okay, you caught me, I'd be ecstatic!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

He'd be a perfect fit. Another softie in Toronto. The guy can't even handle the pressure in Vancouver, good luck in Toronto.

And he'd have to play in Boston 3 times a year. Hahaha.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chef09. Show Chef09's posts

Who makes that phone call? Gillis call Burke . . . not a chance. They would have to get their minions to handle the deal- Burkey holds a grudge . There's bad blood between they 2 GM's

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]Who makes that phone call? Gillis call Burke . . . not a chance. They would have to get their minions to handle the deal- Burkey holds a grudge . There's bad blood between they 2 GM's
    Posted by Chef09[/QUOTE]

If it means getting rid of Luongo and his brutal contract, I'm sure Gillis would be more than willing to man up and make the call.

Sections
Shortcuts