1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Leafs' new lines?

From practice today:

James van Riemsdyk - Tyler Bozak - Ryan Hamilton

Joffrey Lupul - Nazem Kadri - Nikolai Kulemin

Clarke MacArthur - Joe Colborne - Matt Frattin

Jay McClement - Mikhail Grabovski - Leo Komarov

Extras: Colton Orr, Frazer McLaren

Note: Hamilton in for Kessel, who got a maintenance day.

(edit in for jmw)

Carl Gunnarsson - Dion Phaneuf

Jake Gardiner - Mark Fraser

John-Michael Liles - Ryan O'Byrne

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Leafs' new lines?

Good thing the Bruins have a great 3rd line to counter the Leafs. Oh my gosh I just noticed  that guy Chiarelli gave up for Kaberle is skating for Toronto's 3rd line...uh oh.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

No Kessel ... not that he'll make a difference.

Edit: My bad, didn't see Kessel had a maintenance day.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Hmmm...no goons. May change the dynamics a bit making the Leafs more soft.

I wonder if they are going to change their D pairings.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They also had mclaren not in the lineup.  Id be shocked if he did this.  He road the hard nosed style all year and it worked.  if colborne plays i will laugh really hard.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

They also had mclaren not in the lineup.  Id be shocked if he did this.  He road the hard nosed style all year and it worked.  if colborne plays i will laugh really hard.  

If would raise more than a few eyebrows, shupe.  The Leafs and their followers have been basking in the glow of their rough 'n ready persona.  McLaren was a big part of it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatHockeyGuy. Show ThatHockeyGuy's posts

I wouldn't be too shocked by any lineup changes. You can't play much worse than the Leafs did on Wednesday.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Hmmm...no goons. May change the dynamics a bit making the Leafs more soft.

I wonder if they are going to change their D pairings.

If Carlyle gtes behind in the game again he won't need the knuckle draggers. The Toronto defenders were terrible so maybe he is loooking for more puck possession ?

It would be very interesting if he does indeed start Colbourne then how much ice time would he get.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Toronto defenders were terrible so maybe he is loooking for more puck possession 

This is likely the real reason right there. The Bruins had the puck the whole night and it showed. Can't win if you don't have the puck. Orr and McLaren are useless in this regard.

That said, I think Carlyle will probably dress one of them, probably Orr. If not, TO runs the risk of being run out of the rink physically, even more than last night.

On D I am looking for at least Kostka sitting in favour of Gardiner (for some quick outlet passes to clear the zone) or O'Byrne to try an reign in Lucic (good luck with that).

Could be a very different Bud team on saturday.....very exciting.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That said, I think Carlyle will probably dress one of them, probably Orr. If not, TO runs the risk of being run out of the rink physically, even more than last night.

Not sure Orr nor MacLaren had an effect on the Bruins hitting at all. If Carlyle wants more than one goal those two need to be on the bench.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

I agree. Just thinking that if the Leafs sit both their goons then they run the risk of Lucic going wild like he did with an Erskine-less Washington mid-season. Even if Orr is stapled to the bench for most the game he is still there if needed. Putting in Colborne (Wheeler-lite) is not going to pick up the offense and makes them creamy soft.

TO had success this season due to their increased physicality...I find it hard to believe they will completely abandon that style only 1 game into the playoffs against a very rough and tumble team in the B's.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Looks like Kotska won't be playing Saturday...he apparently broke a finger (punishment from Carlyle?).

Too bad, he was on the ice for every Bruin goal.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I edited in the D pairings, in case you hadn't found them yet.  Both Gardiner and O'Bryne in.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

I edited in the D pairings, in case you hadn't found them yet.  Both Gardiner and O'Bryne in.

Thank you.

Hmm, no Kostka or Franson. I think Franson got hurt.

Saturday is going to be a very different game...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

If not, TO runs the risk of being run out of the rink physically, even more than last night.

jm

They sure did dominate them, and they're about as physical as it gets. It was was awesome to see. And, it supercharged the offense...Can't believe that some don't get that. If they follow that script, they can get it done against anybody - fingers crossed

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

I see one player that has left the Toronto bench and expect he's gone for the series:

MOE Mentum

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

They sure did dominate them, and they're about as physical as it gets. It was was awesome to see. And, it supercharged the offense...Can't believe that some don't get that. If they follow that script, they can get it done against anybody - fingers crossed

Yep....and if Carlyle decides to ditch his tough guys I find it difficult to think the Buds will be able to keep up physically next game either.

Who knows, maybe Colborne has found his "eye of the tiger".....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In response to DrCC's comment:

Thank you.

Hmm, no Kostka or Franson. I think Franson got hurt.

Saturday is going to be a very different game...

I expect more of the same.....Bruins domination. The worm has turned.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

I have to laugh at the media and so called expert talking heads.Before the B's series started they all went on about how the Bruins were going to have trouble with TO's speed and how slow the B's are, then after the 4-1 shellacking these same experts go on about how the Leafs couldn't handle Bostons speed......go figure. I guess if the Leafs win the next game the B's will go back to being slow.What a bunch of maroons.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

That was the best game I saw from the Bruins all year... and I watched them all. Some folks in the media (and more than a few fans) just can't give them credit.

Sections
Shortcuts