Leafs send Versteeg to Philly

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Leafs send Versteeg to Philly

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353885

Good in a sense for the Bruins since they have TO's pick...what do you guys think?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly

In Response to Leafs send Versteeg to Philly:
    [QUOTE]http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=353885 Good in a sense for the Bruins since they have TO's pick...what do you guys think?
    Posted by lucaooo[/QUOTE]
    You're right.There's no way the Leafs improved from this move.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Yeah but Philly sure improved and thats the team we need to beat.  Philly is going for it all.  And they sure look good. 
    He would have looked nice on our 3rd line.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

It's a good move for both teams. Not for this year for TOR but it helps them build. Makes that first round pick the B's have even more important.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

I guess the rebuild has started in Toronto.... good pickup for Phily.. but how do they squeeze 3 mil into their over spent  cap room?  this year and beyond.. something else must be up.. expect another move by Phily I am guessing..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Burke sticking it to the B's by helping Philly!  Payback's a biatch!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

bad trade for the leafs.

Versteeg is only24.  no guarantees that a late first rounder will turn out as good as him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly:
    [QUOTE]Burke sticking it to the B's by helping Philly!  Payback's a biatch!
    Posted by hangnail[/QUOTE]
    We'll see if Philly finds it helpful when they don't win the cup and have no 1st rounder.......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

no big deal ...Vesteeg is overated ....14g 21a 35 pts ...minus 13

If the trade makes the Leafs even worst ...GOOD

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Two years ago the Flyers were over the cap in a rather precarious position according to many.  What happen? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly : We'll see if Philly finds it helpful when they don't win the cup and have no 1st rounder.......
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I hope you're right dez.  Chances are that the pick wouldn't be able to crack their lineup for quite some time  - they are solid.  I wonder if Philly is looking for goalie help and this is just their first of a few moves.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

[QUOTE]no big deal ...Vesteeg is overated ....14g 21a 35 pts ...minus 13 If the trade makes the Leafs even worst ...GOOD Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011[/QUOTE]

On a horrible team with nothing to play for. Sure, i'll take those numbers any day of the week. Great pick up by Philly, this should force Bruins' to respond.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly : I hope you're right dez.  Chances are that the pick wouldn't be able to crack their lineup for quite some time  - they are solid.  I wonder if Philly is looking for goalie help and this is just their first of a few moves.
    I don't think they will be. They've done alright so far with the goalies they have. Why not see what their kid can do in the playoffs.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly : I hope you're right dez.  Chances are that the pick wouldn't be able to crack their lineup for quite some time  - they are solid.  I wonder if Philly is looking for goalie help and this is just their first of a few moves.
    I hate the Flyers almost as much as I hate the Habs so it might be just wishful thinking.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I think Versteeg is overrated too.  He's a decent complimentary part, which I guess is all Philly needs.  Not worth a 1st round pick though.

Best case scenario: Toronto continues to unload and tanks for the rest of the season, giving the Bruins a top 3 pick.  And Philly fails to win a Cup on account of bad goaltending (again) and gets nothing useful in the draft.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think Versteeg is overrated too.  He's a decent complimentary part, which I guess is all Philly needs.  Not worth a 1st round pick though. Best case scenario: Toronto continues to unload and tanks for the rest of the season, giving the Bruins a top 3 pick.  And Philly fails to win a Cup on account of bad goaltending (again) and gets nothing useful in the draft.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    1st AND 3rd for Versteeg!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I think Versteeg is underrated, that being said it's a steep price.  

He isn't a UFA and even when his contract is up after next season he will still be a RFA, so Philly will have Versteeg around for a few years.    Versteeg will bring a lot of energy, some (not a ton) of scoring depth, penalty killing, and Stanley cup winning experience to the Flyers.   

He is an upgrade over Wheeler and Ryder (not the Ryder of the past week, but the Ryder of the majority of the season), and given that, I probably would have offered the Bruin's 1st and 3rd for him as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Versteeg on being traded.

"Right away I was extremely excited to join this team," Versteeg said. "They've had a lot of success this season. They had a great playoff push last year and I'm excited to try and have a good one this year. I like to make plays and score goals at the same time, maybe go out there and be an agitator at times too. I'm going to try and do it all and have fun doing it."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly : I don't think they will be. They've done alright so far with the goalies they have. Why not see what their kid can do in the playoffs.
    Posted by callodthedom19[/QUOTE]

They could definitely take that route and not do anything to upgrade their goaltending, but having that particular position as their biggest soft spot is dangerous in the playoffs, as they know all too well.  I could see them trading one of them to get another one back.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]I think Versteeg is underrated, that being said it's a steep price.   He isn't a UFA and even when his contract is up after next season he will still be a RFA, so Philly will have Versteeg around for a few years.    Versteeg will bring a lot of energy, some (not a ton) of scoring depth, penalty killing, and Stanley cup winning experience to the Flyers.    He is an upgrade over Wheeler and Ryder (not the Ryder of the past week, but the Ryder of the majority of the season), and given that, I probably would have offered the Bruin's 1st and 3rd for him as well.
    Posted by Homebrew76[/QUOTE]
    I think it makes it that much harder for them to keep Viile Leino next year.His cap hit should end up way higher than 800,000$.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs send Versteeg to Philly : They could definitely take that route and not do anything to upgrade their goaltending, but having that particular position as their biggest soft spot is dangerous in the playoffs, as they know all too well.  I could see them trading one of them to get another one back.
    A definite possibility but who is the best goaltender available? Vokoun? If I am the Flyers I stick with the two I have and hope they keep them in the game like Niemi last year. But that is probably why I am an armchair GM.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

what is P.C. waiting for? the competition is moving and going for it, and he is sitting on his hands. there is very little to trade for in the first place. most of the names i see won't be traded.  there are way too many buyers and not enough sellers in this trade market. if you come to the show late you aint going to have a date!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Versteeg us exactly the type of guy who helps teams win.  he battles and plays all roles.  He is a 3rd liner on the Flyers.  He is a pest and he can dangle.
    Very nice pickup by Philly.  Their 1st rounder is a late pick.  I have been saying this for a while.  After the 1st 5-10 the draft is very watered down.  Our 1st rounder should be in play. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Bruins 1st round pick will be better than Philly's and Nashville's in the Fisher trade. Bruins could have used either of those 2 players. And I thought Philly is in worse cap shape than Boston. What is PC waiting for????

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I understand that there are alot more buyers right now than sellers but if you ask me they overpaid for him. He was a very good/servicable player on that great Chicago team, and who knows he might just be that on Philly.If I'm Philly and I'm adding salary I'm adding it in the goalie crease, their forwards aren't the issue. Overreaction to yesterdays shutout versus the Kings.

Sections
Shortcuts