Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade

In Response to Re: Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade:
    [QUOTE]ONly a few people actually READ the posting..I wrote, that "SO FAR " the Leafs are winning this trade.. There is NO WAY anyone can dispute that Kessel is outscoring the rookie Seguin - who in my opinion is being destroyed by Claude Julien. Knight has not played an NHL game yet, so how can anyone disagree with the fact that SO FAR the Leafs are winning this TRADE-I did not say winning the cup.
    Posted by cactusTony[/QUOTE]

Do you often walk into walls, looking straight down at your feet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade : Yeah, that's exactly why this is such a dumb analysis.  Without the trade, the Bruins have $5.5 million less cap space and can't sign at least one of Chara, Bergeron, and Horton.  Without the trade Toronto has $5.5 million in cap space, and three high end draft picks in the system.  Toronto may have acquired someone like Brad Richards with that money. The Bruins win the trade (yeah, already) just on the basis of getting $5.5 million in payroll back for the worst +/- guy in the game and a horrible fit for their system.  Everything else is gravy.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Kessels last year with Bs 36 goals +17 rating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgower18. Show jgower18's posts

scooter244----Pure Awesomeness!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Phil Kessel who is this Phil Kessel. I forgot about Phil thanx for reminding me bonehead. At least he(# 81) will be improving his golf swing the #81 on his jersey is his golf score. Fore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

This cactus is getting on my nerves....this is a trade that could be evaluated only in 203 years from now....right now its looking good for the Leafs but Knight will be in the NHL in1 or 2 years...Seguin will only get better and we still have the Leafs 1st round pick this summer...we'll talk about it in 2012....until than go to sleep Cactus

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013 (thanks to the Leafs)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]ONly a few people actually READ the posting..I wrote, that "SO FAR " the Leafs are winning this trade.. There is NO WAY anyone can dispute that Kessel is outscoring the rookie Seguin - who in my opinion is being destroyed by Claude Julien. Knight has not played an NHL game yet, so how can anyone disagree with the fact that SO FAR the Leafs are winning this TRADE-I did not say winning the cup.

That's like saying that if I trade you a pack of gum for a sports car and you start chewing the gum before I start up the car, then you are winning the trade.

It's just dumb analysis.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from alwaysabruin. Show alwaysabruin's posts

I much prefer to call him canadienstony because him nash and tt's overated are really hab fans who should stick to the habs page

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Hypothetical:  what if Seguin had 29 this year and Kessel had 30.
    Would you still say that "so far" the Leafs are winners?

This deal isn't done until we see the next first round pick the Bruins get, and then a few more years after that to evaluate how this all sifts out.

I don't think CJ is hurting Tyler, I just don't think he helped him as much as he could have.

Without looking at the stats to bear this out, it sure seems that Tyler breaks up a lot more plays than Kessel.

I've already done this - but Tyler's shooting % is close to Kessel's, I calculated it out and if Tyler shot as much as Kessel did - and if you assume the shooting % stays the same, Tyler would have more goals.  On that basis you could say that the Bruins are already the winners.

Given the ice time Kessel had his first season, that Seguin was younger when he started than Kessel, Seguin's rookie year is much better than Kessel's.

Plus, Seguin listens to what his coach says and doesn't get into shoving matches wtih other players in practice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade : That's like saying that if I trade you a pack of gum for a sports car and you start chewing the gum before I start up the car, then you are winning the trade. It's just dumb analysis.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Great analogy Fletch.The Leafs liked the gum at first but it ran out of flavour in a hurry.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from myoung125. Show myoung125's posts

"Give it time.  Before long, folks will be calling this the Seguin trade."

Not sure how this gem was overlooked. Very well said RHO!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

kessel more than doubles seguins goals  need we say more its almost laughable  do peopele really thiink the bs won the trade?  cmon

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snowdog+16. Show Snowdog+16's posts

You can't compare the trade right now, give it 3 or 4 year's!! Focus on the playoff's which we are in!! Ask Burke how the playoff's are for his team!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade : Great analogy Fletch.The Leafs liked the gum at first but it ran out of flavour in a hurry.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Yeah, we're talking Hubba Bubba, not Extra.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neely07708. Show Neely07708's posts

Bruins wanted to sign Krejci and Lucic more then they wanted to sign kessel.  Compare those players then.  The cap pushed Kessel out of Boston, as he wasn't the best player to keep in the core.

Bruins retain both Krejci and Lucic, plus get three great pics to help the future.  Boston wins... by a mile.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

[QUOTE]kessel more than doubles seguins goals  need we say more its almost laughable  do peopele really thiink the bs won the trade?  cmon
    Posted by bruins8[/QUOTE]

he makes 6x as much money does he have 66 goals  much better value even this year  great job pc signing lucic and krejci over phil

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

I always get a kick out of anything Kessel.  So much emotion.
      It's gonna take some time to "realistically" figure things out.
    In my books, you may say TO won last year, simply because PK wasn't replaced on the B's...and last year was supposed to be their year.  But...you need to take into consideration...the B's heightened ability to sign a few other players.  The trade though... set Boston back a year.  It wasn't a PK thing, it's just that a fairly skilled player was not replaced.  Don't know how anyone could argue that.
    This year PK would have certainly been an upgrade over TS...and yes, both cap hits are way too high, but the hit from TS, leaves the B's more wiggle room, and that wiggle room is pretty much the whole reason they're favorites in some circles to win the cup this year.   Matching TO's offer for Phil last year would have hancuffed the Bruins for 4 full years, and that woulda been bad..  You have to consider Knight as wel as Seguin, and this years ninth pick could be next years Skinner.
    We homers are merciless on 81.  There's no guarantee Seguin will top out better than PK.
    Here's the key.  Right now...if you offered PK and his cap hit to 29 NHL GM's....or Seguin, Knight, and a mid first round pick, with their combined cap hit.....which do you think they would take.
    I think at least 25 would pass on PK.  Not because they are sure about Seguin, Knight or the pick...that's still not a for sure, but it's a good bet, coupled with Kessel's unrealistic cap hit.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Holy cow! Kessel's not a Bruin anymore? When did this happen?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stanleycomehome. Show Stanleycomehome's posts

we must have lost the neely for pederson trade too since pederson out produced neely that first year and we hadn't yet drafted wesley or poor colorado traded derek morris for a pick and drafted paul statsny,but as long as we dont end up like calgary traded niuewendyk for an 18 year old draft pick named iginla,what were they thinking.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

cactusTony is another clueless troll. If he had a brain he would notice that Kessel is actually regressing as a hockey player. The fact at he scores any goals at all is because he plays half the ice. 

n Response to Leafs so far WINNERS in Kessel Trade:
    [QUOTE]With 2011 returns almost in, it does appear that UNTIL Tyler Seguin gets it going and Jared Knight  shows his NHL worthiness, the Leafs have simply WON the Kessel trade. Look at the facts..at only 23 he is already a consistent 30 goal scorer vs 19 yr old Tyler's 11 goals. Tyler is exhibiting the same soft tendencies that Kessel supposedly showed, yet we praise Tyler and cut down Kessel..remember, those soft tendencies is why Kessel was run out of town here. Don't be a homer and Kessel hater, look at the facts! Burke is so far the winner of that trade.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

CHECK OUT KESSELS +/- then reconsider your post....

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

so far the bruins are winning this trade. never mind the #2 and #32 last year and what probably top 15 pick in next years draft to be safe due to the playoff-less leafs again. the cap space alone to sign the core players on this team is were this trade leans towards the bruins getting the better of it. tony u and bruins81 have one thing right phil kessel is being payed like an elite player, when he starts playing like it is up to him i guess. 5 years 27 million is awful for a 1 dimensional player. tony u had mentioned how seguin is supposedly being destroyed by julian. thats funny what coach did your boy kessel have his best year under with 36 goals?