Leafs will win Cup before Bruins!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

Re: Leafs will win Cup before Bruins!

In Response to Leafs will win Cup before Bruins!:
    Leafs are faster, better pure goal scorers, a better defensive anchor in Phanuef, better coach- offensive minded..better GM snookered PC out of all those picks for an old wimpy defenseman!
    Posted by cactusTony

And you came to this conclusion how ? 

Bruins are preparing for the playoffs while the leafs are fighting for a job next year. Pretty easy to give 110 % when you know you'll be on the golf course next week !

Watch the Bruins in post season and weep !

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobbyOrrAlumni. Show BobbyOrrAlumni's posts

In Response to Re: Leafs will win Cup before Bruins!:
    I hate the Leafs. But if the Bs don't win the Cup this year and I were a betting man, I would agree.  The Leafs are primed and will win the Cup before the Bs do.  Burke could have the last laugh.  Anyone who picks the Leafs for last in the division next year is delusional.  They WILL be in the playoffs next year.  And if the Bs don't find the speed to match them, they will be spun around like rag dolls like they were all season by these guys.
    Posted by ipot

You're definetly not a Bruins' fan !  More like a weak willed Cameleon.

A top nothc Bruins' fan riight after they beat Chicago 3-0 and Philly 2-1,
    but waivering like a Montreal fan  when they get beat (in overtime) in a 
    meaningless game.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I mean, I've never heard of a team having a huge second half rally behind a rookie goalie just missing the playoffs then crashing and burning the next year.  That never happens.  Rookie goalies never return to form, especially guys who haven't been the starter on a team since pee wee.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Yes, we might as well engrave the Leafs onto the cup for 2012. They're a shoe in! Plan the parade now. The Leafs pull this stunt almost every year. This time could be different but I'll beleaf it when I see it.

A better defensive anchor??? I'll take Chara any day.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbruin4. Show mrbruin4's posts

Leafs are faster, better pure goal scorers, a better defensive anchor in Phanuef, better coach- offensive minded..better GM snookered PC out of all those picks for an old wimpy defenseman!
    Posted by cactusTony

another   lost leaf  fan   they will not even make playoffs again next year.... go watch the jays  lmao

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Leafs have had good second halfs since the lockout.  As soon as the pressure's off and there is nothing to play for, they exploit teams that don't take them serious.  This run means nothing.  They are a better team than last year, but still only average at best.  What will hold the team back is their lack of draft picks.  Burke jumping the gun and trading for Kessel ruined them for years.  Even if they are good now, how do they get better?  Teams have locked up their free agents before they hit the market so there are few good young players to be had that way.  It will be years before the Leafs can pick and develop an impact player to complement what they have.  By that time, their current corner stones will be free agents.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

One can dream........but no, I think the Bruins have a great window of opportunity in the next 2-3 years; Leafs are not that close yet.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Dont you people have some type of pride parade to organize or something!??!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Um, the B's have already won the cup before Toronto, 1972  I believe, came after 1967....

As for the future, the Buds still have to make the playoffs sometime to be able to even contend. Perhaps one day....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

another insightful prediction by cactustony...how'd that last one work out for ya?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

The Bruins won't win the Cup this year. The Leafs won't win the Cup next year.

After that--who knows? I have been impressed with the Leafs speed and I think Grabovski is a player I wish the Bruins had, but every time I see the B's collapse against the Leafs I remind myself that the Bruins--this year especially--tend to play down to the level of their opponents (when they're clearly better than the team they're playing), and UP to the level of opponents who are on paper better than they are (see their winning ways vs. Philly and Washington this season.)

So to say the Leafs are better than the Bruins is more than a stretch. The Leafs for all their offensive firepower still have gaping holes on defense and the lack of draft picks will hurt them. And yes, while Kessel is a monster on offense, he's also a MINUS 22, as Edwards pointed out last night, and can't throw a check to save his life. I'll take my chances with young Mr. Seguin and whoever the B's pick up from the Leafs #1 pick this year (let's just hope the Leafs don't sneak into the playoffs--that's the main reason I was ticked that the Bruins lost last nite--I just don't want Tor. anywhere NEAR the playoffs this year.)

It's entirely possible the Leafs COULD win the Cup b4 the B's do next, but it's just as good a bet--and maybe a better one--that the B's will raise the Cup first.

Even as a natural pessimist, I see a lot of upside potential for the B's in the near future w/the emergence, maturity, and natural ability of Seguin, the good core of Bergeron and Krejci, the youth of Lucic and Horton, D anchored by Chara and the potential to acquire perhaps a star player down the line if PC has the skill to make it happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

The Bruins won't win the Cup this year. The Leafs won't win the Cup next year. After that--who knows? I have been impressed with the Leafs speed and I think Grabovski is a player I wish the Bruins had, but every time I see the B's collapse against the Leafs I remind myself that the Bruins--this year especially--tend to play down to the level of their opponents (when they're clearly better than the team they're playing), and UP to the level of opponents who are on paper better than they are (see their winning ways vs. Philly and Washington this season.) So to say the Leafs are better than the Bruins is more than a stretch. The Leafs for all their offensive firepower still have gaping holes on defense and the lack of draft picks will hurt them. And yes, while Kessel is a monster on offense, he's also a MINUS 22, as Edwards pointed out last night, and can't throw a check to save his life. I'll take my chances with young Mr. Seguin and whoever the B's pick up from the Leafs #1 pick this year (let's just hope the Leafs don't sneak into the playoffs--that's the main reason I was ticked that the Bruins lost last nite--I just don't want Tor. anywhere NEAR the playoffs this year.) It's entirely possible the Leafs COULD win the Cup b4 the B's do next, but it's just as good a bet--and maybe a better one--that the B's will raise the Cup first. Even as a natural pessimist, I see a lot of upside potential for the B's in the near future w/the emergence, maturity, and natural ability of Seguin, the good core of Bergeron and Krejci, the youth of Lucic and Horton, D anchored by Chara and the potential to acquire perhaps a star player down the line if PC has the skill to make it happen.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

The solution to this argument is easy. One team is first in their division and playoff bound. The other will miss the playoffs again. There is no question who is the better team. Just because a team puts together a good run does not make them an elite team. If that were true the NJ would be the best in the East because they have had the best record since the all-star break. Pure idiocy.

As for the cup. It is easy to speculate because such things are not pre-ordained. But speaking for this year I can honestly say that the B"s have a better chance than the Leafs and every other team that are not in the playoffs....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolerhoky19. Show rolerhoky19's posts

The leafs are an improving team, and will score some goals, but they are far from being complete.  They are too young up front, and not consistant.. They dont have the on ice leadership to get there with a team that young, there is promis for them at this point, they may make the play offs next season, but they wont be contending for the division any time soon let alone a cup..

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by cactusTony

lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

In your dreams ....Bruins will win 3 in a row

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Posted by cactusTony

cactus ...while we'll be at the Stanley Cup parade in Boston ...you can always organise a Gay parade in Toronto.....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I mean, I've never heard of a team having a huge second half rally behind a rookie goalie just missing the playoffs then crashing and burning the next year.  That never happens.  Rookie goalies never return to form, especially guys who haven't been the starter on a team since pee wee.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Wait, what?

The number of rookie goalies who caught fire late in the season for a huge rally and then flamed out the next season are numerous.

then you say rookie goalies never return to form - which contradicts the first sentence, doesn't it?

OK, the real answer: Reimer is still not proven.  He could crash and burn just like goalies from our Bruins history books.

Or he could simply be a late bloomer and turn in a good season next year.

Sure the Leafs *could* be a playoff team next year.

The Leafs *could* finish at or near the bottom of the division next year.

Issues:
    goaltending, Reimer - could be just on a hot streak, would be far from the first time in history a goalie turned in a brilliant streak to disappear forever.

backup goalie - that's a problem.  Have to dump JS, a total salary drain.  Gustavson's heart might freakin explode - literally.  It's an issue.

Phaneuf - playing much better of late, but I find him questionable.  For about 2 years I think he was a detriment to his team.

Komiserak - a detriment to any team he's on, plain and simple.  he was a contributor to a Bruins goal last night for example.

Kessel - is a worry.  I vote him most likely to drunk drive his car into a tree or get totally out of shape over the summer and show up 15 lbs. overweight.  Or he could drop another 10 and have been working out all summer.
    Then there's his play, if he gets a work ethic, then look out.  he would be a contributor every game instead of taking half the nights off.

Grabovski - a huge breakout year for him.  Nervous about him continuing that.  He hasn't had the steady uptick in pts/performance that I associate with a regular 30 goal scorer.

That's about all I have time for right now, but IMO - a betting man realizes the leafs are still a gamble. 

For an earlier poster - if you think things are set for the leafs you are delusional.  Several key players have had long lapses of inconsistency - and that matter has to be settled before the leafs are a playoff team

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

well you cant deny that the leafs bring the effort and seem to have b's number...they also hit at every opportunity...and fight! they could be the canadiens of last year if they make playoffs...

why do people constantly boo kessel...they should boo peter chirelli... hes the one didnt want to pay him what hes worth... and toronto got him at a very good price... hes only gonna get better...

on that phantom assist he got... thought you had to touch the puck to get an assist...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

play nice stanley,  i believe there is a lady here that would like you to tone it down a bit. cactus is an idiot, don't stoop to his level.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Badhab - sarcasm.   The sucker rally is as old as the hills, and the sudden arrival of the saviour goalie is almost a constant.

People boo Kessel because they don't like him, because he's a Leaf, because he seems to be the kind of guy who is affected by it.  End of story. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

well you cant deny that the leafs bring the effort and seem to have b's number...they also hit at every opportunity...and fight! they could be the canadiens of last year if they make playoffs... why do people constantly boo kessel...they should boo peter chirelli... hes the one didnt want to pay him what hes worth... and toronto got him at a very good price... hes only gonna get better... on that phantom assist he got... thought you had to touch the puck to get an assist...
    Posted by jcour382

Yes, last night the Leafs played a desperate all-out style befitting a team that is still trying to make it to the playoffs in the last few games of the season. They are doing this well although it will likely be in vain. Good effort on their part though...

The B's on the other hand had nothing on the table last night but still played with passion and intensity. I like it. They had nothing to gain and still put in a solid effort. Bodes well for the coming playoffs...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

well you cant deny that the leafs bring the effort and seem to have b's number...they also hit at every opportunity...and fight! they could be the canadiens of last year if they make playoffs... why do people constantly boo kessel...they should boo peter chirelli... hes the one didnt want to pay him what hes worth... and toronto got him at a very good price... hes only gonna get better... on that phantom assist he got... thought you had to touch the puck to get an assist...
    Posted by jcour382

Yes, you are right, the Leafs bring the effort.

Why do you say kessel will get better?  He has been consistent around the 30 goal mark the last 3 seasons and he notoriously doesn't have a work ethic.

Is he *able* to get better?  Certainly.  And he *could* be and *should* be MUCH better?  yes.

Has he? No.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts