Lemiuex Hypocrisy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Lemiuex Hypocrisy

In Response to Re: Lemiuex Hypocrisy:
    [QUOTE]"unsuspecting Max Talbot" Now I know you didn't watch the Pens-Isles previous game(s) to see what Max Talbot did and you certainly didn't watch the Friday night brawl because you would have seen what he did to Matt Martin down in the other NY defensive end Awry. Don't re-write what some Pittsburgh matt cooke apologist already put in his Pittsburgh Notebook. "Mario Lemieux Questions Future in League" Everyday that Lemieux's on the gold course he makes hand over fist and for what ? He got 45% of the franchise because of a contract the previous owner owed him. Le Magnifique will never bolt it's a vail threat is what it is he knows he has a cash cow down there. Jeremy Jacobs wishes the city of Boston would've built an arena for him. PS. Best thing that ever happened to Don Maloney in Phoenix was Gretzky leaving the Coyotes started winning as soon as the door hit the great ones A__!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]
    I couldn't agree more S-Dog.I don't feel sorry for Mario at all since his team is as dirty as any team in the league.And how's your back Mario?It was too injured to play for another owner yet,when you were awarded the team in a lawsuit,your back healed up just fine(at least he could  miraculously play again).I've no respect for Mario and couldn't care less what he thinks/cries about.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

well i am finally in tghe majority side. 

The Pens are always in the middle of these events.  And Matt Cooke is the poster boy for a player the league should rid itself of.  Pitt also is in the top of the league in fighting majors.  Goddard has no place in the league and I can promise you he will not dress a playoff game. 

I obviously respect everything Mario did as a player and owner....but he can't bad mouth the league when he has a player that constantly targets players in an attempt to injure them.  I also find it funny that he also played with Ulf.  He always seems to be attached to these career enders

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

why is it that no media member will address this hypocracy? it should be the first question asked.... "if this new vigilante style is hurting the game and its players -why is it you pay one of leagues greatest offenders to play on your team???"-that is a fair question-no?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I could never stand this self-righteous tool anyway.   He was famous for slashing people and subtly handing out cheap shots of his own.

When you think about the difference between a finesse superstar HOF like Gretzky and him, it's simply no contest.

You never heard Gretzky whine, ever.  Lemieux made a career out of it.

Ugh. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BBR,

I love Wayne...and I am not bashing him.  But he did his share of whining. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]BBR, I love Wayne...and I am not bashing him.  But he did his share of whining. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]
    It's easier to take from a guy that's 5'11(Gretzky)rather than 6'6(Lemieux).

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

plus he has 65 NHL records. They should just rename the awards Gretzky Awards...how does a guy who holds just about every record not have an award named after him.  And why isnt their a defensive defenseman award...They give one to a fwd for being good at it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

Wow! The poor NHL. How are they ever going to recover from a bit of criticism from one of their best ever players? Pretty touchy round here and I'm not sure where it comes from: Anger over the Cooke on Savard hit? Anger over the 'state of the game'? Anger that anyone would, could or should ever criticize the NHL? Is it because people are...embarrassed?

I mean if the game is in such great shape, healthy and clear-eyed with nothing to hear or learn from anyone or anything, even one of its greats, why the anger?

Judging by the strength and vitriol of the reactions here, ('hating' i think SanDogBrewin' calls it in the vernacular of a 13 year old girl) it's obvious that Mario has touched a nerve, and people don't believe he should be allowed to because he has Matt Cooke on his roster? Because, way back when, he didn't refuse to share a bench with Ulf Samuelsson? For moral reasons? (ha!)

Question: If Matt Cooke were released from the Penguins tomorrow - on moral grounds (God, that's hilarious!)  - how do you know the Bruins wouldn't make a play to sign him? 
    And if the Bruins did, sign Matt Cooke -  would they too - Jacobs or Neely or whomever - be considered ineligible to comment? To criticize?

I mean, at least the stuff i suggest is remotely do-able - i'm asking for better more honest equipment and player protection - you guys want teams assembled according to a moral standard.
    Who is living in the dream world, here?

More simple solutions? Cut roster sizes down to 17 skaters, get rid of  30 guys who probably shouldn't be playing in the NHL anyway

Oh and 'SanDogBrewin' niggly thing, but I didn't write 'the unsuspecting Talbot' thing. Member? At the top, I cited Alan Adams of the SF Chronicle?  I thought the article provided  a decent explanation of  Lemieux's anger

And frankly isn't that all this is? Lemieux is angry about Crosby, the hit and the complete non-reaction - hence acquiescence? - by the NHL?

Really Mario's only as angry and critical and fed up as Peter Chiarelli should have been when Cooke hit Savard.
    Mario's only saying what Jeremy Jacobs should have been saying when Cooke hit Savard with no punishment.

Lemieux protects his own, his players, and by extension all the players of the League.
    Jacobs protects his own and that ain't the Bruins, or any player, for that matter; Jacobs protects the fraternity, the Owners.

The Bruins could use a little of 'the Mario'

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]BBR, I love Wayne...and I am not bashing him.  But he did his share of whining. 

When?  I am sure there are minor examples like every superstar does, but compared to Lemieux it;s not close.

Lemiuex was a perennial whining baby.

I cheered when Adam Graves slashed him and broke his wrist.  Bout time someone returned the favor on him.

I could never stand his innocent/aw shucks attitude when you just saw the guy slash someone or do something behind the play.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Some very good points above, particularly from Sandog and BB.

I think the key point is just how self-serving this little rant from Lemieux is.  Sure the Islanders were over the line and it was getting ridiculous.  But to whistle past the graveyard every time your own team does something and then go ballistic when a team over-reacts in relatiation is totally disingenuous. 

Gillies getting 9 games (totally deserved) is nothing to sneeze at.  Neither is the Isles team getting fined $100k.  That is a hell of a lot more than Matt Cooke got for likely ending the career of a star player.  A lot more than Brooks Orpik got for breaking Eric Cole's neck.  More than Samuelson or Kasparitis ever got for their antics...

How does Lemieux get off acting like this week is the first time the NHL has had the opportunity to send a message??  It's about time Lemieux and the Penguins had to feel the pain of some dirty play.  And his reaction to it is pathetic -- threatening to take his ball and go home. 

Have some integrity and be consistent Mario.  Take a lesson from Andrew Ference and call out your own, if you're serious about it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawoodguy. Show dawoodguy's posts

Scotty Burnside taking #66 to task:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=6120121

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Really nice to see someone use logic and call out the self righteous people on this planet.

This is a good example.

I also cannot stand the phonies or people who have no business talking about hits that are clean and violent and the ones that show intent and are dirty.

The dirty, intentional and dangerous hits are clearly in a different universe than a series of brawls that are intended to police the players within the game.

Anyone who knows hockey knows what the unwritten rules or codes are, and that's that.

Anything else is self-righteous "look at me" rhetoric. 

Bettman is partly to blame for this with his politically correct junk that has failed to grow the game.

Fans like the the character of the game and take it for what it is. What they don't like are sckumbag hacks like Avery and Cooke who do not respect the game.

And, Lemieux needs to shut his mouth.  He's the pansy who never got it and championed this Bettman PC league we see now.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletcher,

Mario needs to learn from AF. Man thats a statement.  I think Mario has earned his say.  I just think he is wrong in this case.  His team always in the middle of this crap and finally the hockey gods are barking at them...Crosby/Malkin. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! The poor NHL. How are they ever going to recover from a bit of criticism from one of their best ever players? Pretty touchy round here and I'm not sure where it comes from: Anger over the Cooke on Savard hit? Anger over the 'state of the game'? Anger that anyone would, could or should ever criticize the NHL? Is it because people are...embarrassed? I mean if the game is in such great shape, healthy and clear-eyed with nothing to hear or learn from anyone or anything, even one of its greats, why the anger? Judging by the strength and vitriol of the reactions here, ('hating' i think SanDogBrewin' calls it in the vernacular of a 13 year old girl) it's obvious that Mario has touched a nerve, and people don't believe he should be allowed to because he has Matt Cooke on his roster? Because, way back when, he didn't refuse to share a bench with Ulf Samuelsson? For moral reasons? (ha!) Question: If Matt Cooke were released from the Penguins tomorrow - on moral grounds (God, that's hilarious!)  - how do you know the Bruins wouldn't make a play to sign him?  And if the Bruins did, sign Matt Cooke -  would they too - Jacobs or Neely or whomever - be considered ineligible to comment? To criticize? I mean, at least the stuff i suggest is remotely do-able - i'm asking for better more honest equipment and player protection - you guys want teams assembled according to a moral standard. Who is living in the dream world, here? More simple solutions? Cut roster sizes down to 17 skaters, get rid of  30 guys who probably shouldn't be playing in the NHL anyway Oh and 'SanDogBrewin' niggly thing, but I didn't write 'the unsuspecting Talbot' thing. Member? At the top, I cited Alan Adams of the SF Chronicle?  I thought the article provided  a decent explanation of  Lemieux's anger And frankly isn't that all this is? Lemieux is angry about Crosby, the hit and the complete non-reaction - hence acquiescence? - by the NHL? Really Mario's only as angry and critical and fed up as Peter Chiarelli should have been when Cooke hit Savard. Mario's only saying what Jeremy Jacobs should have been saying when Cooke hit Savard with no punishment. Lemieux protects his own, his players, and by extension all the players of the League. Jacobs protects his own and that ain't the Bruins, or any player, for that matter; Jacobs protects the fraternity, the Owners. The Bruins could use a little of 'the Mario'
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    What do you mean"poor NHL"?It's not the NHL that is doing the whining in this situation.Did the Bruins organization not voice their displeasure over the lack of a Cooke suspension?Sure they did but it's a far cry from Mario's "I'll take my ball and go home"attitude.Go ahead and leave Mario.I know one fan who won't miss your act.........

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

He played on a team with Ulf. Now he pays Matt Cooke to play hockey.

The whole time he whined and whined about everything else in the league. But never said dip about either player.

See a connection here? I do and its the same crap attitude crosby has. Screw Cindy and Screw Mario. I hate the Pens.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Lemieux's comments are totally bogus.  Forget the fact that his team is the most penalized in the league. Forget the fact that his team has the most fighting majors. 
    It's the "integrity" of his statement that makes me ....
    See the Dreger from TSN had to say.  Sums it pretty well.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/dregerreport/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"(ha!)" Now there is a good example of a thirteen year old girl and if you think Cam Neely or Peter Chiarelli would ever allow Matt Cooke in a Bruins uniform you truly have lost all ability to write objectively in defense of Le Magnifique.

Fail Awry Fail!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Wow! The poor NHL. How are they ever going to recover from a bit of criticism from one of their best ever players? Pretty touchy round here and I'm not sure where it comes from: Anger over the Cooke on Savard hit? Anger over the 'state of the game'? Anger that anyone would, could or should ever criticize the NHL? Is it because people are...embarrassed? I mean if the game is in such great shape, healthy and clear-eyed with nothing to hear or learn from anyone or anything, even one of its greats, why the anger? Judging by the strength and vitriol of the reactions here, ('hating' i think SanDogBrewin' calls it in the vernacular of a 13 year old girl) it's obvious that Mario has touched a nerve, and people don't believe he should be allowed to because he has Matt Cooke on his roster? Because, way back when, he didn't refuse to share a bench with Ulf Samuelsson? For moral reasons? (ha!) Question: If Matt Cooke were released from the Penguins tomorrow - on moral grounds (God, that's hilarious!)  - how do you know the Bruins wouldn't make a play to sign him?  And if the Bruins did, sign Matt Cooke -  would they too - Jacobs or Neely or whomever - be considered ineligible to comment? To criticize? I mean, at least the stuff i suggest is remotely do-able - i'm asking for better more honest equipment and player protection - you guys want teams assembled according to a moral standard. Who is living in the dream world, here? More simple solutions? Cut roster sizes down to 17 skaters, get rid of  30 guys who probably shouldn't be playing in the NHL anyway Oh and 'SanDogBrewin' niggly thing, but I didn't write 'the unsuspecting Talbot' thing. Member? At the top, I cited Alan Adams of the SF Chronicle?  I thought the article provided  a decent explanation of  Lemieux's anger And frankly isn't that all this is? Lemieux is angry about Crosby, the hit and the complete non-reaction - hence acquiescence? - by the NHL? Really Mario's only as angry and critical and fed up as Peter Chiarelli should have been when Cooke hit Savard. Mario's only saying what Jeremy Jacobs should have been saying when Cooke hit Savard with no punishment. Lemieux protects his own, his players, and by extension all the players of the League. Jacobs protects his own and that ain't the Bruins, or any player, for that matter; Jacobs protects the fraternity, the Owners. The Bruins could use a little of 'the Mario'
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    It's incredible that you can't see the irony in this statement-"Really Mario's only as angry and critical and fed up as Peter Chiarelli should have been when Cooke hit Savard.
    Mario's only saying what Jeremy Jacobs should have been saying when Cooke hit Savard with no punishment."The major difference is that it was one of Mario's players that made the questionable hit on Savard and it was Talbot who hit Comeau with a blind-side hit to spark everything else that happenned with NYI.The way you're sticking up for Mario tells me you're the last person that should accuse someone else of acting like a "13 year old girl".

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

it's not about the poster, SanDogBrewin', it's about the players. Get over yourself, it shouldn't take long.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletcher, Mario needs to learn from AF. Man thats a statement.  I think Mario has earned his say.  I just think he is wrong in this case.  His team always in the middle of this crap and finally the hockey gods are barking at them...Crosby/Malkin. 

Try to read what I actually wrote shupe -- I'm not saying Lemieux needs to look to AF for guidance.  I am saying that his words would would have a lot more impact, and sound less like whining, if he were able to call out his own.

I have no intention of re-visiting that AF debate, other than to say that whether he was right or wrong in his criticism, you can't say he was just whining when his team was the victim, like Mario.  He spoke when his team threw the dirty hit.  Mario has had a lot of opportunities to do that too, but he has remained silent, until now.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]it's not about the poster, SanDogBrewin', it's about the players. Get over yourself, it shouldn't take long.
    Posted by Awry[/QUOTE]
    Is there any chance you could make yourself even more difficult to understand?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lemiuex Hypocrisy : Is there any chance you could make yourself even more difficult to understand?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

LOL.  That's exactly why I haven't responded -- I can't figure out what h*ll he's trying to say, except to try to insult Sandog.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Lemiuex Hypocrisy : LOL.  That's exactly why I haven't responded -- I can't figure out what h*ll he's trying to say, except to try to insult Sandog.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    That's all I could figure out too.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Awry. Show Awry's posts

'dezaruchi'...'fletcher1'....i can help....which part?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Fletch

Let's agree to not to debate AF. I still have a headache.  :-) 

In regards to Lemieux I think he has earned his say.  I just really think he should look at what his own players are doing.  If they wanted to make a statement they should have thrown a 10 gamer on him for hitting Fedor from behind since he is a repeat-repeat offender. 

Anyway, we agree...lets run with it for a post or two.

Sections
Shortcuts