Let It Be Known: Ben Bishop Is The Biggest Pussbag in Hockey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Let It Be Known: Ben Bishop Is The Biggest Pussbag in Hockey

Looks like a normal reaction to an injury to me.

Any type of character referrance about Bishop's manlihood should be given by the players he plays with and against..............and not by some half-pinted Side Show Bob sitting in front of his monitor claiming to be a man's man. 

Just another opinion by the OP that gets the "here he goes again with the roll of the eyeballs" reaction from me.

Nothing here to see, you have not learned anything today everyone...........move along.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

LOL

Of course it does.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I was watching it live.  As soon as Bishop went down I thought NAS wouldn't start a thread because there wasn't a goal involved. but noooo...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

Ben Bishop's grandfather was a tennis professional who played in the US Open,therefore i'm sure Ben has heard the proper care for "tennis elbow",which is immediate immobilization and under no circumstances.....skate,Bishop took the proper course of action in light of his injury.

Happens over a period of time in almost every case & it's most likely to happen to someone who's middle aged. You don't get tennis elbow from an instant impact. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Any type of character referrance about Bishop's manlihood should be given by the players he plays with and against..............and not by some half-pinted Side Show Bob sitting in front of his monitor claiming to be a man's man. 

Just another opinion by the OP that gets the "here he goes again with the roll of the eyeballs" reaction from me.

Nothing here to see, you have not learned anything today everyone...........move along.

For a wrist or elbow injury? Oh Chowda com'on bud. When you see & hear of so many other hockey players playing through things, or when they get hurt rarely do they react like this. This is a drama queen scene at it's finest. Unless his elbow, or wrist is completely severed I just don't see the need to have this kind of reaction. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Are you suggesting you have some more information as to why he is out for the rest of the regular season ?

If his wrist is dislocated Bishop was in pain. But all we know through any report is that he might have landed on his wrist. Also Nasty claims he has a higher threshold for pain. 

All speculation thay could be sent through a phone.

But the NHL which controls the info that is given to NHL game center wouldn't report something that wasn't given to them from just anyone. I'm not claiming I have anymore info than anyone else at all. But that's the quote I received verbatim this morning mst. It also came across "the score" app on my phone about 10 mins later. But you didn't answer the question. Even if it's not a wrist. Don't you think B'S reaction was too the extreme for any "upper body" injury? Which I think is the main point that NAS is making. Okay,  maybe the injury is a legit one, but I don't think that's the issue or the focus of the thread.

I don't know Bishop's, Count de Nasty or your pain threshold. Not going to split hairs. You think he is a wimp or wasn't as hurt as he looked...so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cy9sjiHPp0

Nobody was saying anything like that when Rask got hurt.

I still think Tuukka is tough...he's a Bruin!

Right ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

Are you suggesting you have some more information as to why he is out for the rest of the regular season ?

If his wrist is dislocated Bishop was in pain. But all we know through any report is that he might have landed on his wrist. Also Nasty claims he has a higher threshold for pain. 

All speculation thay could be sent through a phone.

But the NHL which controls the info that is given to NHL game center wouldn't report something that wasn't given to them from just anyone. I'm not claiming I have anymore info than anyone else at all. But that's the quote I received verbatim this morning mst. It also came across "the score" app on my phone about 10 mins later. But you didn't answer the question. Even if it's not a wrist. Don't you think B'S reaction was too the extreme for any "upper body" injury? Which I think is the main point that NAS is making. Okay,  maybe the injury is a legit one, but I don't think that's the issue or the focus of the thread.

I don't know Bishop's, Count de Nasty or your pain threshold. Not going to split hairs. You think he is a wimp or wasn't as hurt as he looked...so be it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Cy9sjiHPp0

Nobody was saying anything like that when Rask got hurt.

I still think Tuukka is tough...he's a Bruin!

Right ?

I think we do know BB's pain threshold though. He doesn't have much of one.

No, not necessarily. It was me who called him out the other nite when he dove backwards when Parise nudged him. And this is a "lower body injury" not an upper body which is his groin & that's a completely different area. And can see how someone needs help getting up. 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Well I hope no one us around if you ever fall on your wrist or elbow.

Tough guys LoL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

In response to stevegm's comment:

How do you enjoy your crow.  Assuming you "understand" below is a post of yours.  You tied your other Bishop thread to this one, as an attempted push to sell your  "earlier correctness". 

I'm merely pointing out the association is factually incorrect.

Earlier, you called him a faker, and you did it forcefully(see the font).  Now you're suggesting he's spleeney.  Opposite ends of the spectrum.  These 2 very seperate conclusions of yours, don't support each other, rather they contradict each other.

Sit on that.

Speaking of Embellishing!

posted at 2/4/2014 7:41 PM EST

• Not-A-Shot
    • First: 12/30/2009
    • Last: 4/10/2014

Ever since then, when people say " he's not hurt " I think, " ya okay that's pretty stupid, can you feel his pain ?"

He's not hurt.

That was from the first one.  I'm sorry that you cannot understand what I'm saying.

It's very evident, you don't understand what you're saying.  You brought up the other thread, not me....and you did that, because you thought it supported this thread.  It doesn't.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Tough guys LoL

Ha, we feel nothing...

No, but at the risk of over-sharing or sounding like keyboard tough guy, I'll share that I was in a nasty bike wreck three years ago and I had a compound elbow fracture.  I smashed the funny bone right off my left elbow and could see the rest of the bone sticking out, along with a dislocated shoulder, torn labrum, and road rash that would make you cringe.  No head injury though (just a broken helmet).  I'm telling you, scouts honor, I jumped up, moved my bike out of the road and walked up the street waiting for the ambulance (which a witness called).  When it came, I walked it it, said hello to the EMTs and asked for some painkillers.

I'm not trying to be tough at all; I was scared as hell.  But from a practical standpoint, why lay on the ground like you're dead when you have an arm injury?  It makes no sense.  Every instinct I had said get up.  I wanted to get to the hospital.  I wanted to pretend the injury was less serious, not the opposite.

I think Bishop was actually hurt and I would hesitate to call him a wimp.  I just found the reaction funny, just like the last time.  Reminds of soccer injuries or the Paul Pierce thing.  I would think that any kind of an arm injury wouldn't cause you to lie down and stop moving.  I'd want to get to the bench if I thought it was bad.

Just one man's opinion and people react different ways.  I get that.

"No head injury though"

Hmm

How were the painkillers ?

Don't know either Rask nor Bishop and I sure wouldn't question there pain thresholds nor yours. Lower, upper, groin, elbow, shoulder and/or wrist can hurt like a M0F0 when tweaked the wrong way.

Nite's water bottle is shaped like the Pillsbury Dough boy, specially made.

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

Tough guys LoL

Ha, we feel nothing...

No, but at the risk of over-sharing or sounding like keyboard tough guy, I'll share that I was in a nasty bike wreck three years ago and I had a compound elbow fracture.  I smashed the funny bone right off my left elbow and could see the rest of the bone sticking out, along with a dislocated shoulder, torn labrum, and road rash that would make you cringe.  No head injury though (just a broken helmet).  I'm telling you, scouts honor, I jumped up, moved my bike out of the road and walked up the street waiting for the ambulance (which a witness called).  When it came, I walked it it, said hello to the EMTs and asked for some painkillers.

I'm not trying to be tough at all; I was scared as hell.  But from a practical standpoint, why lay on the ground like you're dead when you have an arm injury?  It makes no sense.  Every instinct I had said get up.  I wanted to get to the hospital.  I wanted to pretend the injury was less serious, not the opposite.

I think Bishop was actually hurt and I would hesitate to call him a wimp.  I just found the reaction funny, just like the last time.  Reminds of soccer injuries or the Paul Pierce thing.  I would think that any kind of an arm injury wouldn't cause you to lie down and stop moving.  I'd want to get to the bench if I thought it was bad.

Just one man's opinion and people react different ways.  I get that.

Fekin hilarious.  More BS.  Another complete thread of absolute double speak.   In this thread, you stated "second time in a month we've seen a soccer injury".  Ummhhh....That's clearly stating you don't feel he's "actually hurt".  It's screaming "wimp" too.  Totally opposite to what you're saying above.

Sliding over to "last time'.......you say Bishops reaction was "fifa-ish".  That's "wimp-ish', by anybodys standard, and it laughs at the notion he's "actually hurt".  Another hopeless contradiction that took an incredibly small effort to point out.

Obviously, if you "got" what you say you do, in that last line....you wouldn't have written everything before it.

"No head injury though"

Hmm

Don't know either Rask nor Bishop and I sure wouldn't question there pain thresholds nor yours. Lower, upper, groin, elbow, shoulder and/or wrist can hurt like a M0F0 when tweaked the wrong way.

rumour has it,  they work wonders when trying "to pretend the injury is less serious". 

[QUOTE]

steeevoo, I thought you were going to try to not be so obsessed with me here...not off to a good start...

Think Bruins, think hockey.  Give Fletcher a rest kid.

steeevoo, I thought you were going to try to not be so obsessed with me here...not off to a good start...

Think Bruins, think hockey.  Give Fletcher a rest kid.

Gotta do better'n that buzz .  The tap dance is catchin up.

"No head injury though"

Hmm

LOL.

Good pain killers.  Morphine at first, then oxycontin, then perc, the vicadin.  

And yeah, I guess the head injury is questionable.  I'll revise that.  No head injury that I can recall...

LoL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Second time in a month we've seen a "soccer injury" with him...

I wouldn't call it a "soccer injury".

• You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

"No head injury though"

Hmm

Ouch! That really hurt. 

So glove side high...again, your specialty made water bottle flys off and then hits you in the back of the head ?

Oh my gosh are you Ok ?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

So glove side high...again, your specialty made water bottle flys off and then hits you in the back of the head ?

Oh my gosh are you Ok ?

Water bottle...off the head?

If it's Ben Bishop, they may need the defrib.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Did any of you guys ever think of this?

That Bishop might have strained a knee or a groin or something popped, but they don't want to disclose what it is?

They do that all the time.

If my memory serves me correctly they did this with Tony Esposito back last century - released a fals injury report to cover up the real one.

As a matter of fact, that could have been the case the last time as well.

What injury or injuries Bishop did or didn't receive only Bishop knows.  Phaneuf giving a hug to a Panther the other night was there on tape for everyone to see, nothing to hide or to speculate on there.

This is nothng but a witch hunt motivated by a Panther fan with some kind of southern cross state rivalry thing going on.  Or something, maybe a hobby when he's not spotting UFOs, bigfoot or marrying 1st cousins like the rest of the southerners around him.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

They do that all the time.

I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record!

A Tony Espo reference!

Someone get that man a 99 gift certificate.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

NAS - why are you letting Hackett slide for his obvious fake?  At least Bishop didn't fake it so far as to get carried off either time.

Here is a reverse angle of the play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsTRxXvQY0s

Real men just get up, dust themselves off and walk away.

• Sections
    Shortcuts