Let Me Get This Straight

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Let Me Get This Straight

steve, I just don't think a percentage ranking means all that much.  See my comments on the thread SoxFan decided to start on that particular stat.  Only one team in hockey goes into the third with the lead more often than the Bruins.  The have the lead after two twice as often as they trail.  They're the fourth best team in the league when they trail after two.  The percentage stats?  They translate to 13-4-3.  The ranking just isn't important enough to make a huge deal out of it.  Chicago is ranked 7th even though they're 24-1-2 when leading after two.  Florida comes in ahead of the Bruins even though they have led after two only 6 times all year.  If you compare the ranking to the actual wins when leading after two, Boston has more wins wla2 than the Rangers, Columbus, and Carolina, and they're tied with Phoenix - that's 4 of the top 6 by percentage.

The whole premise is flawed, as you pointed out on the other thread when you said stats are great and useful but you need to understand them in context and not look at one stat and decide the sky is falling.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic...

They got the best forward offensive threat at the trade deadline in Jagr.  A case could be made for Ryder as well but when it is all said and done, Jagr will prevail.  He's been much better than Jarome so far.  

They got Soderberg to come over...many thought this would be impossible.  This team now has considerable depth heading into the right time of the year.

Marchand and Bergeron are healthy and looked real good last night.  

Too many nags about ST, Lucic, the pp, and the coaches out there when the big picture is really good.  B's got stoned by Miller last night, plain and simple.  It happens.  The good news is that we still got a point out of it.

Be happy you are not a NYR (in a battle for playoffs)  or a Mont fan (goalie issues) right now. The B's are in a great position.    

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

You wanna be pink hats go ahead! I saw a team of daffodils that got out hit & pushed around in their home rink! Nas has the mentality of "it doesn't matter as long as they win so stop whining" So when is it OK to complain? They didn't win, they've lost 3 straight & the ONLY reason their ranked 2nd in the conference is because Montreal is in a funk. Not because the B's are playing well! They played against a division rivial & allowed themselves to be kicked around by PATRICK KALETA!! That's pathetic & gutless! 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to lucdufour's comment:

Plenty of reasons to be optimistic...

They got the best forward offensive threat at the trade deadline in Jagr.  A case could be made for Ryder as well but when it is all said and done, Jagr will prevail.  He's been much better than Jarome so far.  

They got Soderberg to come over...many thought this would be impossible.  This team now has considerable depth heading into the right time of the year.

Marchand and Bergeron are healthy and looked real good last night.  

Too many nags about ST, Lucic, the pp, and the coaches out there when the big picture is really good.  B's got stoned by Miller last night, plain and simple.  It happens.  The good news is that we still got a point out of it.

Be happy you are not a NYR (in a battle for playoffs)  or a Mont fan (goalie issues) right now. The B's are in a great position.   

Great post Luc!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

I

This is it for me, i'm a diehard B's fan and have watched them or followed them since i was a little boy.Every year i follow them with the view of the eternal optimist and cheer when they win and get disappointed when they lose.When i am not watching a B's game i watch countless other games and really enjoy that too but with little vested interest other than my enjoyment of hockey.I come on these boards because their are so many more knowledgable posters than me and they are a treat to read, better than what you'd get on any newstand and i can understand when some of them get upset when the Bruins don't play up to their lofty standards. Critiquing or cheering on "our" team is what this board is all about.

With all that being said, some posters who want to come on here after a shootout loss and after one of the worst tragedies in the cities history by calling the B's a bunch of heartless, gutless, talentless chumps are way overboard and unwarranted. If any of you have ever played professional hockey it isn't as easy as it looks.If you want to pull out every meaningless stat to support your overblown unwarranted ranting, then so be it, but after awhile it comes across as pretty sad.If you can't watch the B's without expecting them to outhit, outshoot, outscore, and win every game by a huge margin then you are going to continue on being disappointed, but if you come on here because your a hockey fan and like debating then so be it but name calling and putting the team down makes me think people like that don't enjoy hockey they just enjoy raging.If thats the case there must be other forums you can visit where like minded individuals can spew venom all day long.

Other than that 26-11-5 is pretty good in my books and i look forward to the Bruins firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs, color me rose!  

[/QUOTE]

Against the Buffalo Saber I do. YES, everytime! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

You wanna be pink hats go ahead! I saw a team of daffodils that got out hit & pushed around in their home rink! Nas has the mentality of "it doesn't matter as long as they win so stop whining" So when is it OK to complain? They didn't win, they've lost 3 straight & the ONLY reason their ranked 2nd in the conference is because Montreal is in a funk. Not because the B's are playing well! They played against a division rivial & allowed themselves to be kicked around by PATRICK KALETA!! That's pathetic & gutless! 

They lost in the shootout with the backup goalie in.  It's okay.

There isn't a consolation trophy for "Team That OutHit Buffalo".

Take a breath, nite.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Nite, you could always make like 2011 and punish yourself with a self imposed hiatus until the Bruins play up to your standards again. Back on topic, I love how some of the posters act like they're being victimized by those who disagree with them. Christ, if what you say makes sense then it dosen't matter how many people agree with you. In closing, I really hope Nite isn't calling me a pink hat simply because I'm not up on a ledge over a first place team that's going through a tough run of regular season hockey.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

There's a really easy way to identify most of the pink hats around here - they have either baseball or football themed avatars (though Mike Trout is acceptable) or names that are references to the Sox or Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

At the end of the day, watching a Bruins loss is still better than anything else on T.V..Thats how it is for us fans, yeah i get a little, I won't say mad, but I'll find myself questioning some things and then, I get over it. Too many things going on in my life to dwell too long about a hockey team losing.

Your a fan of team, you watch them play, they provide the entertainment for you. You can watch it, or choose not to. We all have our reasons why we are bruins fans. For most, it purley geographical, for others it could be because your father was a fan etc..Enjoy the games, don't get too low when they lose,and get as happy as you want they win.

Watching the Bruins play, watching highlights of other teams or watching my favorite players play on other teams is a welcome distraction from the grind of everyday life. I love coming in here and discussing it with you fellas.

Sure beats having to watch American Idol with the wife the league is shut down.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to red75's comment:

There's a really easy way to identify most of the pink hats around here - they have either baseball or football themed avatars (though Mike Trout is acceptable) or names that are references to the Sox or Pats.

Not necessarily Red. Generally and based on personal experience, I would say such persons are fans of all Boston sports teams. Most Bruins fans in real life I know of follow other sports as well. And because they are from the Boston area (or grew up in the Boston area), they are proud of all Boston sports teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

They lost in the shootout with the backup goalie in.  It's okay.

There isn't a consolation trophy for "Team That OutHit Buffalo".

Take a breath, nite.

Nas I really do appreciate ur optimism.  I am as high strung as u can get. I don't see what u see and I'm sorry. So far I've only seen the real Bruins once. That was the Washington game where Horton got the Gordie Howe. If the B's would've responded to Kaleta I wouldn't have an issue with the lost. I think the pressure and work ethic was there. However,  them allowing one of the biggest pieces of kief to roam around freely is gut wrenching.  And they allowed their own fans to witness it. There's no excuse for this. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup, one of the reasons I read your posts Sandog!

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

The Bruins have allot to work on that is for sure but that is not a bad thing. I'm going Pom Pon Pete Carroll on this game- Redden looked good, Khudobin looked good, Bergeron looked ready for the playoffs, Marchand as well, Ference looked really focused in comparison to earlier in the season, Krejci was everywhere and Jagr was pissed he didn't score but his fight is there.

The attempt to take over the board by the pink hats who crumble with a bad stretches is just annoying so I just stay off those threads. The crybabbys are on ignore becuase they have nothing to add but "the sky is falling", that behavior is reserved for the Patriots and Red Sox board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Even though I don't agree with it I respect the right of folks to express their passion for the Bruins in whatever form they choose.  Thing is when that support manifests itself in what seems to be teeth-nashing, nerve-jangled, unhinged, frustrated trashing of the team they've thrown their allegiance behind it makes me wonder what some emotions and loyalties would be like if the team was truly crap - and they're not.  Far from it.  There's no need to revisit past eclipsed leads from years ago as they have no bearing today. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

I respect the right of folks to express their passion for the Bruins in whatever form they choose.  Thing is when that support manifests itself in what seems to be teeth-nashing, nerve-jangled, unhinged, frustrated trashing of the team they've thrown their allegiance behind it makes me wonder what some emotions would be like if the team was truly, non-contending crap - and they're not.  Far from it.  There's no need to revisit past eclipsed leads from years ago as they have no bearing today. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I respect the right of folks to express their passion for the Bruins in whatever form they choose.  Thing is when that support manifests itself in what seems to be teeth-nashing, nerve-jangled, unhinged, frustrated trashing of the team they've thrown their allegiance behind it makes me wonder what some emotions would be like if the team was truly, non-contending crap - and they're not.  Far from it.  There's no need to revisit past eclipsed leads from years ago as they have no bearing today. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Now you've gone and done it! RHO is losing it!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Dammit, dez!  I want my point to be noticed! lol!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Dammit, dez!  I want my point to be noticed! lol!!

You're the epitome of calm and cool buddy and you always keep it classy. I know I'd get fewer threats if I had half of your composure. Cheers!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from getoffthephone. Show getoffthephone's posts

I have to agree with you 100 percent NOB. Kaleta is a punk like Cooke and nobody went near that jughead Scott. Pushed around in our own building ain't Bruin hockey.I thought Lucic would of played a mad game being put on the 4th line but he still played a soft game. Hopefully they wake  the F up for the playoffs. lol

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

You're the epitome of calm and cool buddy and you always keep it classy. I know I'd get fewer threats if I had half of your composure. Cheers!

dez, you can handle any bombs lobbed your way.  Trust me on that.  I've seen it in our forum.  Those comebacks of yours are not only clever but bang on.  Well done, man. 

Sections
Shortcuts